ATTN: Fluffy

Discussion in 'General Scientology Discussion' started by Roan, Dec 22, 2007.

View Users: View Users
  1. Nec_V20

Nec_V20 Patron Meritorious

Fluffy,

why don't you just come clean and admit that you are the kind of person who goes to a PETA meeting and describes turtles as "Crunchy meat pies".

Yep, you've read the comic, seen the film, heard the song - now eat the soup!

:eyeroll: :whistling:

2. Alan

Alan Gold Meritorious Patron

Alex it is good to observe you attempting to drive the wedges in!

Arnie has fought a great war - a war few had the guts to stand tall enough to fight!

Hip!-Hip! Hooray for Arnie!
    Alan

3. everfree

everfree Patron Meritorious

In Windows to enter characters using diacritical marks such as umlaut you can hold down the right Alt key then type a code for the character using the numeric keypad.

Here's a list:

http://www.usefulshortcuts.com/alt-codes/accents-alt-codes.php

So for a "u" with an umlaut you would type alt+0252 (must type the leading 0) giving you ü.

Alternately, you can use the built in program Character Map to display the glyphs of a font then copy/paste the one you want.

On Mac you use different key combinations.
    Option+u to give you an umlaut followed by the key you want to apply it to, e.g option+u u to get ü.
    Option+u e to get ë
    Option+e u to get ú etc

You can also use PopChar.

4. Voltaire's Child

Voltaire's Child Fool on the Hill

Good to know...but can it help a person learn to spell "raisin"?

5. MissDorfl

MissDorfl Patron with Honors

Although it can be argued why Arnie Lerma would give his name to a messageboard that is reminiscent of religiousfreedumbwatch, that is beside the point.

The point is that, Roan had a vicious go at fluffy on a messageboard that she doesn't post to and that she probably won't ever be able to post to. And he's not the only there who does so.

Have you taken a look at these threads?

http://ocmb.lermanet.us/discussion/viewtopic.php?t=391

http://ocmb.lermanet.us/discussion/viewtopic.php?t=400

http://ocmb.lermanet.us/discussion/viewtopic.php?t=108

6. Voltaire's Child

Evidently you've not read the threads.

Or else agree with them.

Alex has said nothing about the commentary on Arnie's board that hasn't already been noted again and again by others.

So pardon me all to hell if I don't like being branded by Arnie on the site itself- not the board- as OSA and I don't like- and other people don't like- the vicious threads on his discussion forum trashing Patty P, myself, Tigger, and UMike.

That kind of thing does NOTHING for criticism, in fact, it sets the critical movement back and discredits those who provide space for it and provide it.

I've known for some time you disapprove of me, Alan, but everything you've been told about me by your friend is bullshit.

I know some people don't like me talking back when they trash me. It upsets them to the point that they write that I attack people who disagree with me.

Actually, no. I don't give a rat's ass if people don't want to do Scn or if they like (gag!) walnuts and canned peas.

However, I do give a rat's ass (or two) about ad hominem communication. Fuck with me at your peril- to whom this may concern.

7. TheSneakster

TheSneakster Guest

not important

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 25, 2012
  8. Voltaire's Child

Yes, Miss D.

The middle link you gave is one that trashes Alan himself.

Here's yet another link to yet another thread. This one is named after me. Guess what. It's nasty.

http://ocmb.lermanet.us/discussion/viewtopic.php?t=144

This is the one where Roan posted the comment that is now deleted.

9. Voltaire's Child

I like Ben and Jerry's ice cream. It has so many neat flavors and unusual names.

Frozen embryo crunch is a particular favorite.

10. Alan

Alan Gold Meritorious Patron

No I haven't read them!

But 3 out of how many threads?

Arnie has been very mean to me at times - but hey he's at war - so I don't take it personally. :whistling:

11. Voltaire's Child

There are multiple posts about me on those threads. There are multiple posts about Patty, UMike and Tigger on those threads.

Yes, I take it personally because the commentary is ad hominem. Extremely so. Those are not mild comments.

You freaked out and threw a hissy when one time I was mildly sarcastic and rather snide to you. You sure as hell took that personally! One snide post.

I'm really glad I apologized for my rudeness because it was just that- rudeness. But I must point out that you're being inconsistent.

Roan went on Arnie's board and threatened my job. My fucking job, Alan.

Right after his friend Ladybird wrote about my job.

And your friend- and you know who I'm talking about- has posted PRIVATE INFORMATION about me that was nowhere on the internet- on a.r.s. on three occasions.

It's very interesting to see a double standard at work.

The very reason you disapprove of me is because I talk back to your friend.

Wow, what a double standard.

Stay off my ass and see that your friends do.

Ad hominems about me will not be tolerated.

12. everfree

everfree Patron Meritorious

Cool, thanks!

13. MissDorfl

MissDorfl Patron with Honors

Taken a look recently at that MB's stats since it came into existence? The vast majority of posts are either banal (the minority) or dissing people - who cannot defend themselves, because they will not be allowed to post there.

62 registered users?

:blah:

Last edited: Dec 22, 2007
  14. Dulloldfart

Dulloldfart Squirrel Extraordinaire

Or you can do what I usually do which is to find the character on the web somewhere using Google and copy and paste it in. :)

It saves remembering the keyboard shortcuts or where that damn character map is.

Paul

15. alex

alex Gold Meritorious Patron

Lerma and you share a common interest, a personal animosity to the Hubbard family, few other scientologists or ex's had the occasion to develop.

He in his anger over being denied Hubbards daughter as wife, you in having your game taken away.

A more removed viewpoint may observe that although he has fought long and hard he has not prevailed.

My personal experience with him is that when confronted with facts that conflict with his belief, he runs away.

But if you want a "special olympics" for critics, an award for showing up, rather than results, be my guest and pin your medal on his chest.

It seems he has wisely curtailed his efforts of late, and hopefully he will have the time to reflect on the notion that there is plenty of ammunition to attack the church with, without resorting to the distortions, invective and fringe viewpoints he has in the past embraced.

alex

16. Free to shine

Free to shine Shiny & Free

In a group I think you'll always find the odd attention seekers who like to make themselves important by being awful and jumping on anyone who differs from their views. I don't know if it's part of the recovery process or not...maybe it is for some...they sure have a lot to learn. :D Personal attacks on someone are juvenile.

17. Björkist

Björkist Silver Meritorious Patron

Roan sounds like a dickhole.

But if he is an OCMB or ARS resident, I might reconsider my harsh judgment.

18. Voltaire's Child

He's on OCMB and on Lermanet. He has mentioned a number of posts from ESMB in some of his postings so he does read ESMB, too, if not post here.

19. Tanstaafl

Tanstaafl Crusader

Anyone who can't spell raisin is hardly likely to be reliable on the subject of currant affairs! :D

20. Björkist

Björkist Silver Meritorious Patron

Maybe he just liiiiiiikes you. :confused2: