What's new

Auckland BINGO !!!

Jimmymac

Patron
She was a old battle ax but quite a nice lady. When I was stuck at flag for a year, I seem to remember someone telling me she joined the SO. I hope she got out. Her husband leigh was on staff as well and her son (i think it was her son) from memory

Nine

Thanks guys - what about some of the older folk that used to be on staff around the same time eg Stan Hilliam, Dorothy Parker etc? Are they still around?

byte301

Crusader
The Aukland scientology population comes out in full force to play BINGO!!
A grand time was had by all 7 of them!!

bingo.jpg

Carmel

Crusader
Thanks guys - what about some of the older folk that used to be on staff around the same time eg Stan Hilliam, Dorothy Parker etc? Are they still around?
Did you know Stan? If it's the Stan Hilliam I knew, wouldn't he be about 110 years old by now? Maybe not, but if he's still alive he'd be an extremely old man by now, wouldn't he? (he was a tough old dear, but it'd be a big ask of anybody to be that tough, I reck'n)

Nine

hah yes i guess he would be pretty ancient - when i knew him he must've been about 80 so....but you never know...Sweet old guy though, had some great sayings!

I knew Hillary Alach who knew all those guys, because she was Reg. I knew Dorothy Parker a bit and I knew her daughter Lynn.
I was more in Lynn Parker's (Boyd) generation than her mother's generation.

Once bitten

Patron Meritorious
Hey Nine! I see that no one has welcomed you yet! Sorry, how remiss of us all. Welcome to the boards. Looks by your posts that you are a New Zealander, and I'm assuming you are an ex. ESMB has people from all walks of scn beliefs here, from current believers, rabid exes, to free zoners. I am a New Zealand ex, but I spent most of my scn time in Sydney, as you can see.

You are asking about people from Auckland Org from the 80's so I'm gathering that your scn history was with Auckland. I understand that you won't want to be identified, so perhaps that's why you haven't really posted what brings you to this ex-scn board. That's cool. If you do, just make sure you leave out any identifying bits, such as posts you held in Auckland, years you were there, as OSA monitors these forums regularly. :) Scn in NZ has never really got off the ground so it's still relatively easy for OSA to work out who is who.

There are lots of ex-scns making contact with each other through the boards, and it's great as stories can be corroborated, verified and missing details can be confirmed! Questions can be answered and support given if needed.

There is also a New Zealand site which might have some people on it that you may have known: http://kiwianon.net/forums/index.php

Happy posting!!

Nine

Thanks for your welcome, that's great! Yes I'll stay anonymous, but I can say that I spent a number of years on staff both in Ak and overseas. Have been out for some time now and still enjoying every day! Just discovered this message board recently and have been enjoying catching up on all the gossip - exciting times and and can't wait to see how this all unfolds!

byte301

Crusader
Hi Nine, Welcome to the board!

Yes, they are exciting times. We are watching justice being served to the Co$ at long last! :happydance:

scooter

Gold Meritorious Patron
:welcome: Nine.

Last saw Stan maybe 5 years ago - looking frail but still as dedicated as ever (may have been longer than that.)

Maggie the Pom who used to be ED (but I think was Day) joined the SO but seems to have left.

Can't give you much more news than that I'm afraid.

The_Fixer

Class Clown
I knew Hillary Alach who knew all those guys, because she was Reg. I knew Dorothy Parker a bit and I knew her daughter Lynn.
I was more in Lynn Parker's (Boyd) generation than her mother's generation.

I knew Hillary as well in my day there. Stan sounds familiar, but can't be sure.

What is the status of Auckland Org these days? I remember it being reasonably busy there late 70's.

randomx

Patron with Honors
Stan the man

Stan is in his mid nineties.

He has not been mentioned in any org newsletters or promo
for at least one year.

Hillary Allach (Spelling) married Aussie Peter Shed.
They lived in Sydney and are on lines there when I last heard of them
in early 2010.

If Scientology Auckland held a big event and used all their tricks
they would get around 50 people ...including children.

Scientology New Zealand was at it`s peak in 1986.

This is true of Scientology internationally.
Since then it has on the slippery slope to oblivion.

By the way ...Auckland Org appears to have discontinued it`s Bingo nights
and other FUNdraising activities, and has now resorted to straight out begging.

And that itself is so very telling.

"Please give us something. We have nothing to offer you in return !!!!"