Auditing minus Scientology exist?

Discussion in 'Human Potential, Self Discovery' started by Veda, Mar 24, 2017.

View Users: View Users
  1. Terril park

Terril park Sponsor

To have some control.

2. strativarius

strativarius Comfortably Numb

Ok, if that is what it means (and I'm not entirely convinced by your answer), why didn't you say that in the first place? The phrase 'to be at cause' doesn't have much meaning in the real world, only in the world of obfuscation belonging to Hubbard do you find it.

3. Free Being Me

Free Being Me Crusader

Whatever, Commander Birdsong.

4. Terril park

Terril park Sponsor

You are an ex and an ex auditor. This is language
    you've learned. Which is why I used it.

You want to just make me wrong go fly a kite,
    preferably somewhere else!

5. Veda

Veda Sponsor

Some background

[​IMG]

In 1937 a book titled, 'The Middle Pillar' by Israel Regardie was published. It's very likely that Hubbard was aware if this book.

Wrote Regardie:

[Psycho-therapeutic] Analysis is the logical precursor of spiritual attainment and Magical experiment...

Not until the mind and the emotional system have been cleansed and unified by the cathartic process... can the full spiritual benefits of magical work be reflected into the mind of man

...We should remember the parables of the archaic philosophical religions whose fundamental tenet was that within man was a spirit, a dynamic center of consciousness which, because of its contact and association with matter, had been plunged into a profound sleep, a kind of somnambulism...

By endeavoring to extend the horizon of consciousness, to enlarge the field of awareness so as to embrace what previously was unconscious, is obviously a logical method.

To become aware of all our actions, our thoughts and emotions and unsuspected motives, to regard them in their true light as actually they are and not as we would like them to be or as we would wish an onlooker to perceive them. It requires, to take this step, an extraordinary degree of honesty and courage...

The more of this suppressed and forgotten material stored in this at one time unknown or dormant side of our nature that can be raised to the clear light of day, by exactly so much do we awake from the inert stupor into which we have in the past been plunged

________​

And then would come "spiritual exercises."

For those excited about such ideas, who have stumbled into Scientology, broadly denouncing everything does not help to extricate them from Scientology.

6. F.Bullbait

F.Bullbait Oh, a wise guy,eh?

My seeming facile answer does incorporate the false distinction between 'self' and 'nature'. I propose the illusion of 'self' keeps the hiccups in play while 'nature' quickly alleviates them.

One merely distracts the overly complicated 'self' from the hiccups and then 'nature' is able re-establish equilibrium.

An alternative explanation for the observed phenomenon.

Yes, they are gone in 30 seconds rather than 20 minutes but 'self' is not responsible for that.

One of my chief criticisms of Scientology is that it maintains the illusion of 'self' throughout, even when one ascends.

I maintain that 'me' does not become OT. Rather the concept of 'me' falls by the wayside when ascending.

Maintaining 'me' while ascending is the trick and desire of occultism in a deluded search for 'personal power'.

:)

7. JustSheila

JustSheila Crusader

Great point about Scientology and mysticism attempting to elevate the ego/self, when it is the ego/self that actually restricts spiritual or humanitarian progress.

But nah, I don't think that applies to hiccups. IMO, the hiccup is more like the body's attempt to rectify something out of whack. It's an involuntary physical reaction, after all. Human bodies aren't perfectly symmetrical, perfectly comfortable, or even identical left to right, but they do have their own automatic routines to fix or try to fix most basic things.

http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/hiccups/basics/causes/con-20031471

8. strativarius

Another abject failure to answer a simple question that has been put to you Terril. True to form and like any good scientologist, all you can do is simply attack me.

If you have failed to notice, this is an ex scientologists message board, so it's a bit rich that you should be telling me to go elsewhere, since I am not the one promoting Hubbard's poisonous puke to any unwary passers-by who show up here.

The fact that you are able to proselytize scientology on esmb shows just how tolerant the powers-that-be are. If it were my website you'd be out of here so fast yer feet wouldn't touch the ground matey.

9. Terril park

Terril park Sponsor

10. strativarius

It must be obvious that something isn't right with the way that your last post looks. This happened a couple of weeks ago as well. It looks blindingly obvious to me what is wrong and how to fix it. Surely with your OT powerz you can figure it out... or maybe you can't...

Leaving it the way it is makes it difficult to navigate the thread perfectly.

Edit: Super-powers not working too well eh Terril? You could try going to where it says [/QUOTE in your post and typing a ']' to close the square bracket. That will do the trick.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2017
  11. phenomanon

phenomanon Gold Meritorious Patron

When you audit brand new people, You learn that using the English language, rather than Scn jargon, works better.

12. phenomanon

13. phenomanon

Creation of Human Ability ( COHA), was always the "OT Bible".
    I have used processes from that book as Life Repair auditing. There are some really fun processes in there for new people.
    It was Union Station, and a few other early early 50s proceses that kept me enthralled for 33 years.

14. phenomanon

Yep!

15. phenomanon

What if the purpose of Auditing were not to reach those goals with Labels, but to enjoy auditing and being audited just for the fun of it. ( Take out the idea of money, BTW unless it is by barter or voluntary donation).

16. Spazz

Spazz New Member

I apologize for contributing to a derail of a thread but are you saying that if someone who has been abused and harmed by Co$ still thinks well of Hubbard's work and still uses the tech then you don't think they belong here; that they are a threat to the agenda of those who want to throw Hubbard's work on the trash heap of history?

17. strativarius

I'd say if somebody has been abused and harmed by scientology (scientology, not scientologists) yet still thinks well of Hubbard's work and still uses the tech, then there must be something wrong with their reasoning faculties. Providing they are not breaking the rules this board should be open to anybody who wants to contribute.

I do what I can to warn people of the dangers of getting involved with scientology, and I do what I can to hinder those who seek to promote it.

18. phenomanon

Fanaticism is always ugly.

19. phenomanon

It absolutely does not have to be that way. It can be done.

20. phenomanon

That person would be me.
    Those terms look self-explanatory to me.