Babysitting Type 3 PTS

Discussion in 'General Scientology Discussion' started by Free to shine, Jan 14, 2008.

View Users: View Users
  1. Free to shine

Free to shine Shiny & Free

This truly ranks as one of the worst things that happens secretly within "the Church".

Goldendawn raised the subject in her thread and I think it needs it's own thread so as not to detract from her story.

When a person goes nuts/crazy/cracks it/has a psychotic break it is the last thing Scientology wants to know about. Information about this is likely to cause a 'PR flap" and it's something the media would delight in.

So the person is "babysat" as a Type 3 PTS - ie locked up and isolated with 24/7 guards.

I am not an expert in this subject, so perhaps someone else can give more info, especially about the Introspection Rundown.

However I know a woman who was babysat THREE times and her story was horrific. It was one of my pet projects at one time to try and get justice for her within Scientology, though of course that never happened. I will gather my thoughts on that story and post what I remember if there is interest.

The most known about case is of course Lisa McPherson and a Google search brings up heaps of info on the needless death of this lady.

Anyone have any stories that need to see the light of day?

2. Free to shine

The woman I know about was a total pain in the beeehind for the local org. She was a trained auditor, I forget exactly how far she went but I think Class IV and had a tendency to question any and every outpoint she found. Loudly. She would cram anyone she thought deserved it and send giant KRs constantly.

She adored LRH, literally. He was her God and the tech her sacred scriptures. I have never seen such a dedicated Scientologist.

I can't remember the dates now and have to rely on hazy memory but I think her first 'babysitting' was around 1979/80 with two more in the next decade.

The first time I heard her story I just couldn't believe it. How could such things possibly happen with such an ethical organisation??

I don't know what happened to set her off each time, but knowing her well in following years I guess she made some loud fuss about something! I later talked to staff who had babysat her and they confirmed many parts of the story.

The scenario was similar each time. She was literally kidnapped and held against her will. No-one was allowed to speak to her, she was guarded constantly by a roster of local staff members, she could not sleep and went into total psychotic screaming episodes, (and conversations with LRH) which of course reinforced the Type 3 label. She was given the Inrospection Rundown at least once. She told me she later found evidence that she had been dosed up with a psychiatric drug to keep her quiet. Her sister and husband were involved. One time she escaped and ran naked screaming down a road, I think the police took her to a psychiatric hospital that time, and she did end up there more than once.

Of course then having a "psychiatric history" negated any claims of abuse she may have had.

I tried to help her obtain 'justice' for a long time with KRs and requests for B of I's on the situation. They were promised but never happened. The outcome was a foregone conclusion anyway.

Despite her history she managed to overcome almost insurmountable obstacles to start a Scientology school where everyone else had failed. Knowing she would be targeted for her Type 3 history she had an escape plan, which backfired and caused incredible chaos in the local field. I used to have foot high files of the KRs involved.

She was eventually Comm Evd and blamed for it all, while at the same time receiving a Commendation for the incredible feat she pulled off in starting the school. Of course no mention of that is ever made now, and the School's name changed etc.

She did end up a crazy bitch yet doesn't negate the awful, illegal abuses she suffered and is probably most of the reason why anyway.

3. Bea Kiddo

Bea Kiddo Crusader

I was directly or indirectly involved in the handling of 3 Introspection Rundowns and 3 other Type III watches while in the SO. I am pretty sure I wrote them all up in my story.... or on another thread... Not sure.

4. Div6

Div6 Crusader

I was in on an Introspection Rundown watch as an outer org student in LA in the 80's. This one completed in about 3 weeks, and the person (SO staff from another country) was off-loaded....it was SOP at the time.

So having had the experience of a "standard" IR, I was horrified to read Lisa's babywatch DR's....gross gross "out-tech". And that was AT Flag! DM really suppressed the hell out of the delivery terminals there to where they were all PTS and making gross mistakes.

5. lionheart

lionheart Gold Meritorious Patron

I knew a guy who I am reminded of from your description of this lady. He adored LRH too. He was not given a type III handling and it was before the Introspection rundown existed. He hung himself in the park. :bigcry:

6. Dulloldfart

Dulloldfart Squirrel Extraordinaire

I was involved with a babywatch cycle in 1979 at SH. The person was a SH staff member, who I didn't know well at all. She had just started on OT3 theory and started babbling about it. I was HCO Cope Officer at the time, and had to find people to be attendants.

This meant SO members, OT3 and above, pretty much tech staff and execs, being taken off post for 6 or 8 hour shifts, to do a very enturbulating watch. The girl was large, strong, and sometimes violent. On top of the usual org insanities, it was a huge source of resentment as it impacted the stats.

After several weeks of this, there was a flap when one attendant addressed one violent act by getting her down on the floor in a half-Nelson (wrestling hold). Since this wasn't exactly per the HCOB, Jane Kember RPF'd me. I was frankly relieved, as it meant I could get more than three hours' sleep at night.

I heard later--much later--that she never did come out of it while in the CofS's "care". After a few months of it, she was finally sedated and shipped off home back to EU. She later recovered.

I think Alan commented in another thread how the usual treatment in the CofS, of not talking to the person at all and so forth, is not the best way of addressing such a breakdown.

Paul

7. duddins

duddins Patron Meritorious

When I was at the PAC base in 74, I was on a confid special project to clean up after a type III had thrashed a room at the complex.

The room was trashed, holes in the walls, feces on the floor and walls, the door had been scratched and shredded from the inside. Broken furniture and shredded clothing. The pungent smell of vomit.
    I won't ever forget it.

Most of all, I won't forget the fact that I believed that it was all because of the crazy person. It did not occur to me that the person had been imprisoned.

I have had moments of instability in my life. (I believe I suffered from a nervous breakdown after leaving the SO) I can only say, knowing myself as I do, that I probably would have ripped the room apart as well, if they had tried to keep me as a prisoner.

When it was time to go, there was no holding me. {But then again, I was sneaky about it and slipped out the back.}

I would have drawn my own rendition of the Sistine Chapel with my own shit, if I thought it would get me out of that place.

8. Free to shine

I totally agree.
    OK someone who is going batshit needs to be somewhere quiet, calm and with full physical support like food and bathrooms etc. No stress.

What happens is the opposite!

Imprisonment in a single room with silent ghosts who won't talk to you, treat you as an "icky crazy thing" drug your food, "audit" you but not answer questions as to what is happening to family and life outside etc. I have heard the description in vivid detail and it still makes me shudder remembering it years later. The indescribable paranoia is brings, fueled by insomnia, the rejection, the distress... :confused2: