What's new

Basics are a smashing success indeed.... + news on Golden Age of Tech II (no kidding)

Good twin

Floater
They have a new unusual solution I believe. Some declared SP are asked to donate X packets of basics to wherever, and then do all the basics courses.

They are then allowed to ~ apply~ for permission to do A-E.

Interesting variation on " leaving the door open a crack".

Strangely after being dead filed for years, and a genuine bona fide SP per policy, I've recieved a note saying I have several thousand dollars on account. I await with interest further comm.

Yep, my point exactly. They are using all the "standard" unusual solutions ( as bizarre as that sounds) while inventing and implementing new unusual solutions based on desperation in lieu of any actual bright idea.
:yes:
Wow if you have money on account, you should apply for repayment. LOL

Terril park

Sponsor
Yep, my point exactly. They are using all the "standard" unusual solutions ( as bizarre as that sounds) while inventing and implementing new unusual solutions based on desperation in lieu of any actual bright idea.
:yes:
Wow if you have money on account, you should apply for repayment. LOL

Its an ethical problem. Its my opinion they are wrong. I don't wish to ask for
something for nothing.

Perhaps I can ask for clarification, and a surety I never used this money on account.

Fancy

Patron Meritorious
He could not have autorized anything as he can't be understood very well and has no available credit. Money at the Buff org he did have but these came from LRH Way so ASHO.

Better not be my account as i did not authorize it either. If so I really will go for my money.

Barb

I'm confused, then. Fancy's father didn't authorize any payment for the books, sounds like. Where'd the money come from?

Zander

Patron with Honors
So here you have it. The most parsimonius, miserly, rip off organization around is so desparate to woo back the people it screwed and who hate it (hate CofS and/or Scn, that is) that they will actually loosen the purse strings and mail stuff without expectation of payment.

This has GOT to be a first!!

Fluff I very much doubt if that is true. It is far more likely that another person had paid for those books as a "donation". Either that or the person's account has been debited without their authorization.

In fact I do know someone who was sold a set of the basics with an additional discount. When asked how they could do this they were told that the set had been donated by a "rich public". Yes, add that up: it means that this set was actually sold twice! :ohmy:

Doesn't that just sound a lot more like the organization we know so well! :grouch:

Zander

Fancy

Patron Meritorious
I suspected they do as much and why I headed the last box that got waylaid off at the pass and it was delivered to my home today. The company was great about it. They knew a nursing home resident could not handle it. So far it is total of 9 boxes. I have no idea of how many there are total in the package now but I will be notified if there is more to it.

All my father wants is a hat to wear. The CD player seems to be from the local Big Lots. I can't be sure but I think it was his and he did not want it. It is not the first time he gave stuff that he did not want to someone.

I have the boxes in storage not in my home. IF they took my money I am ticked. But my money was suppose to be missing several months ago. If they bill they will not get a thin dime as the nursing home will tell adult protection about it but I think that it has been paid for by someone else or a debit from an unknown account.

Funny I was curious about how the basic package was. some of the art work is pretty but I have not opened a one of the packages for the CDs or books.

Barb

Zander

Patron with Honors
I suspected they do as much and why I headed the last box that got waylaid off at the pass and it was delivered to my home today. The company was great about it. They knew a nursing home resident could not handle it. So far it is total of 9 boxes. I have no idea of how many there are total in the package now but I will be notified if there is more to it.

All my father wants is a hat to wear. The CD player seems to be from the local Big Lots. I can't be sure but I think it was his and he did not want it. It is not the first time he gave stuff that he did not want to someone.

I have the boxes in storage not in my home. IF they took my money I am ticked. But my money was suppose to be missing several months ago. If they bill they will not get a thin dime as the nursing home will tell adult protection about it but I think that it has been paid for by someone else or a debit from an unknown account.

Funny I was curious about how the basic package was. some of the art work is pretty but I have not opened a one of the packages for the CDs or books.

Barb

Barb I can certainly see how upsetting this must be, for your father to get all these unwanted boxes.

But try to see it as their (the org's) problem and not your problem. They sent out these materials without you or your father ordering, so they are responsible for sorting it out (collecting them or leaving them with you without payment).

I would certainly check to see what consumer laws apply in this instance. But I would have thought that it would be right for you to write them one letter explaining the situation and throwing the problem back at them. Surely if they don't collect them then you are right to dispose of them as you wish (but check consumer laws first about that).

You should certainly have no problem being billed for something you didn't order. :no:

Best of luck :thumbsup:
Zander

Voltaire's Child

Fool on the Hill
Fluff I very much doubt if that is true. It is far more likely that another person had paid for those books as a "donation". Either that or the person's account has been debited without their authorization.

In fact I do know someone who was sold a set of the basics with an additional discount. When asked how they could do this they were told that the set had been donated by a "rich public". Yes, add that up: it means that this set was actually sold twice! :ohmy:

Doesn't that just sound a lot more like the organization we know so well! :grouch:

Zander

I see now what you guys mean. This is really interesting. I appreciate the explanations 'cuz I just wasn't seeing it.

Yeah, it DOES sound like the organization we know so well.

You know what? Even when I was really into Scn AND CofS, I remember noticing that they'd piss people off, they'd leave, so they'd keep milking the faithful (as I call it) on and on and on. Anything to keep the dollars coming in.

sallydannce

Gold Meritorious Patron
I agree Zander. The problem lies entirely with the "church".

Also not sure about other country's but often possession is considered 9/10th on legal ownership. Someone leaves a car on your property, you try to get them to take it away, they do not respond, the law says you "own" the car and can dispose of it as you see fit. I think you need to make an effort to trace and notify the owner first but after that it is all in your favour.

byte301

Crusader
I charge them storage fees. They want to send stuff without you're approval, then THEY can pay. They just get more idiotic by the minute.

sandygirl

Silver Meritorious Patron
Barb,

What I would do is call whatever company shipped them and have them pick up the boxes as a "refusal". Get a receipt. DO NOT open them. If I ever receive anything I did not order I always refuse it.

I really don't trust the church and God knows what scam they're pulling now. Sending stuff to a nursing home seems like a new low but then again I'm always saying that!!!!:duh:

ThisIsIt

Patron with Honors
This good probably start a new thread, but anyone want to help me fill this out? I get at least 15 particles weekly by email or phone.

This was today's dose:

We are updating our Central Files and have a short census for you to fill out and send back. This will help us get your file fully updated, and will enable us to service you better on your route up The Bridge®.

Please take a few minutes to fill this out and e-mail it back to us.

Name:

Current Home Address:

Home Phone:

Work Phone:

Cell Phone:

Training Level:

Case Level:

When were you last on course?

When were you last in session?

How many years have you been in Scientology®?

Occupation?

For how long?

Who is your FSM?

Do you own your full set of Congresses?

If so, have you listened to all of the Congresses?

Have you been briefed on the monumental release of the Basics?

Do you own your full set of Basics books and lectures?

Have you routed onto your Basics Courses?

Which Org?

Which Basics course are you on?

Extension Course?

Is there any assistance you need from __________ Org?

Anything else that you would like to communicate that you think that we should know?

Thank you very much.

END

I would actually have fun with this. Not quite ready for that yet.

:unsure:

ThisIsIt

Fancy

Patron Meritorious
I have been through the car or Truck thing. We junked it after a month left on the father land. Sent a note by mail and then the so called owners took us to small claims court. We would have lost if they could have proved the value of the truck but they could not. So they tried it again as a revenge on us for other issues. Anyhow the 2nd time they did not show up so the case was over for good.

The Basic package. I spoke to a newly or close to newly out freezoner. They are doing this all over the place. The package was paid for by another. Probably an amends project. So I am just going to hang on to them for a while for there is nothing the church can do for no one ordered them. I had no idea of it till my father called me about some Scientology tapes. I thought only a few by what he could say but I can't understand him so I got it wrong. I knew they were doing this by other reports on the net and from the freezone.

So the basics will stay in storage and I am not upset about getting them. I am just in a quandary of what to do with them. My home is too small for all that MEST.

The church is making people do their AtoE and other amends project by paying for them. Donations for poor people who can't get them. That is a first for me. They did not do that much when I was in. I did get student auditing at one time to Grade 4 but I attibulated that to the ED of the org who helped me and the student out.

So I am ok with it. Not upset just the cost of gas to go to the nursing home twice. I have a minivan so it is costly to go anywhere now.

Barb

BAYCB

Patron with Honors
A friend of mine was regged to buy the basics. Told the reg they didn’t have the money to pay for them. Two weeks later my friend receives three sets of Basics without paying for them.

Told my friend to call the reg and tell them he didn’t have the money for the ot levels and maybe he would get it for free. :whistling:

Fancy

Patron Meritorious
Now that is funny. I know better. The only time I got help was from people who cared and helped because they personally wanted to.

3 boy Maybe I will get a set to myself then.

Barb

sallydannce

Gold Meritorious Patron
A friend of mine was regged to buy the basics. Told the reg they didn’t have the money to pay for them. Two weeks later my friend receives three sets of Basics without paying for them.

Told my friend to call the reg and tell them he didn’t have the money for the ot levels and maybe he would get it for free. :whistling:

The word "circus" keeps coming into me head!

S

songbyrd

Sandy girl, you really cracked me up with this one, and its not even funny but so true.

sallydannce

Gold Meritorious Patron
My very own circus!!

:omg: I've just been out to our garage. There are two boxes sitting out there with some Slubbard CD's in them. Basic lectures or something.

I strutted back into house and asked hubby if he had ordered them. Ya never know, moment of madness...happens to all of us from time to time.

He just shook his head and said he couldn't work out how this had happened. He look quite confused poor chap. :unsure:

So I told him about this thread. He just shook his head. I shook my head. We both shrugged. We both calmly went back to what we were doing.

Seems like the circus has arrived at my place. Can't wait for the other 8 or 10 boxes to arrive.

What will I do with them? :nervous:

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
What will I do with them? :nervous:

Make a YouTube video of the event. :)

Back of this is maybe some poor schlub who maxed out his credit card thinking that by donating for an extra set or three of these he is contributing to a noble endeavor that helps people. Maybe he'll hear about what happened to his cash.

Paul

Fancy

Patron Meritorious
By my count there are nine boxes no other calls so I assume that is the total number.

Barb