Battle Of Britain - 1974

Discussion in 'Staff "War Stories"' started by Free Will, May 14, 2008.

View Users: View Users
  1. still here

still here Patron with Honors

I am sure Beryl is still in, I knew after the conversation we had she would be there for ever..
    Mike too was always cheerful, I have a very vague memory that he was RPFed or or seriously demoted at one point, all of which he took cheerfully.

It all makes me sad, Beryl was (and still is I am sure) full of life as you say La La, and great fun.
    I was fond her.

Still

2. charribobs

charribobs New Member

Thanks to everyone for their contributions here, I came across the forum by a curious accident and enjoyed (well-sort of) this thread

I was CS and various other posts at Manchester during the early 70's and remember the chaos well, i suspect I know several people and indeed still have an old phone number for at least one

3. La La Lou Lou

La La Lou Lou Crusader

Welcome Charribobbs! Anyone who remembers the fun we had in the BofB has to be a friend!:yes:

4. charribobs

charribobs New Member

Thanks Lou, I do wonder if we suffered together

One name I picked up i the thread was the lovely Harvey Jacques, I was there when he first dragged himself into the Org at Faulkner Street, we seriusly considered chucking him out!

5. La La Lou Lou

La La Lou Lou Crusader

I wasn't in Manchester, but sunny London, but you can be sure we both suffered at the same time!

Now on charming, dashing, handsome Harve, how I wish you had! It would have saved a lot of people a lot of grief.

6. DartSmohen

DartSmohen Silver Meritorious Patron

I remember Brian Wingate when he was sent as a plant to the South London group run by Vernon & Nancy Hope. He was such a prat! Stood out like dogs bollocks on a parrot. :duh:
    We simply fed him disinformation such as "Our friends in B1 Go tell us ....".
    Next thing there are wholesale sec checks for the lot of them.:biggrin:

Same thing when the cult sent a slug named David Sheppard to Eileen & Bert Griswolds party. Quickly spotted and laughed out the door :eyeroll:

Ah, them were the days :yes:

7. charribobs

charribobs New Member

he was a twunk then, the only difference was he sobered up...

8. La La Lou Lou

La La Lou Lou Crusader

I believe he was last heard chatting with his crew, the Flag Land Base (From London). That man's lungs work well.

9. still here

still here Patron with Honors

Welcome Charribobs!:):)

I may know you although I was around in the late 70s....but I know lots of people from your time in Manchester. I certainly knew Harvey very well :coolwink:

Anyway - pm me if you like, and enjoy the board.

Still

10. strativarius

strativarius Comfortably Numb

Chris Speer?

11. La La Lou Lou

La La Lou Lou Crusader

Not that I remember, I remember a Chris Carter foundation sup and frustrated poet, I can't see a Chris Speer, remind me. Oh! and welcome!:yes:

12. strativarius

Quote Originally Posted by Terril park View Post
    And there it was gone!

Last edited: May 12, 2014
  13. I told you I was trouble

I told you I was trouble Suspended animation

Er, just quietly Strativarius, I think he may have decided to try and remain anonymous here ... any chance of deleting that post? You can do it easily by using the edit button at the bottom of the post.

Welcome to ESMB though.

:)

14. strativarius

Thanks 4 yr. welcome La La Lou Lou. Chris Speer. Dark hair. Extraordinarily good-looking. Tech & Qual auditor before and after John Parselle came back to HSOL from Flag after doing Class VIII course. A lovely guy. Friends with Paul & Lorna Humphries. Had a 2D with Pam Thorne way before she was Hurwitz.

15. La La Lou Lou

La La Lou Lou Crusader

There's a rumour of a shadow of memory there, though it might have been before my time. I always knew Pam as Jay's wife. I think I would remember him if he was anywhere near the Apollo you mentioned. I remember Lorna but Paul was not around when I was, still being mentioned though, was John Parselle's wife in FOLOUK?

16. strativarius

Thanks for your welcome. As far as I know he hasn't posted here for quite some time, but before he went he 'outed' himself. I haven't got the exact post but I think I could find it if pressed.

17. I told you I was trouble

I told you I was trouble Suspended animation

Many of us know who he is but I don't recall him outing himself ... if you're sure though, fair enough.

:)

18. strativarius

Yes, and here's someone's fond memories of Linda Parselle. "Linda Parselle, never one for politeness or ARC, blasted me for something I have never been quite sure what and threatened to expel me from the church...." Source: http://the-scientologist.com/Mike-Moore.shtml You mentioned Linda Parselle first. Forum rules prohibit me from expressing my true feelings about her, but 45 years later... I think it's called BPC! Paul decided he'd had enough one day and just walked out.

19. strativarius

29 Nov 2012 ... Note: Dart decides to “leave” ESMB (ex-scientologist message board) on January 4, 2011 – is where Dart Smohen reveals that he is *******

20. La La Lou Lou

La La Lou Lou Crusader

I had a quick look at the link and I was impressed by the name Doughnut Fair-boner. I'll read Moore later. It's nice to know that the shouting and screaming is not a new invention. Yes Linda was an 'on sauce' Manager, I didn't have the pleasure of meeting her, but I have heard that she was memorable.