What's new

Big database crash - disaster really :(

Emma

Con te partirò
Administrator
Hi Guys,

You probably noticed ESMB has been down for about 12 hours.

After the server transfer everything seemed to be going fine but then last night (my time) the database corrupted and was unable to be repaired. I stayed up till 5am trying to get it fixed with the IT guys from Siteground but it was not able to be repaired.

This means that all posts and all changes I made to the board after the server swap are lost. The database copy from the old server was the latest database saved so it was the one that was used.

I'm really sorry about this.

Emma

Con te partirò
Administrator
Kutta - I'm really sorry. It looks like all posts to that wonderful new thread about our lives has been lost :bigcry:

Dammit - I'm really sorry.

Kutta

Silver Meritorious Patron
No worries Emma. I'll get it going again, later, cos I have to vacuum and dust before leon visits for a cuppa and chat this arvo!

Emma

Con te partirò
Administrator
Did anyone new register since the server swap? If so, PLEASE re register and post again because you are lost.

Godammit! I'm really annoyed now. :angry:

The Great Zorg

Gold Meritorious Patron
WHAT?

Why, what a gdamned inconvenience! :angry:

This is outrageous! :grouch:

I'm stupified! :duh:

Why, I oughta... :unsure:

OK, what happened again? :unsure:

Was is serious? :confused2:

MrNobody

Who needs merits?
Oh well, shit happens, Emma. You did your best, ESMB is up and running again, and I think most ESMBers will happily help recreate most of the lost data while you're having a well-deserved nap. :)

AnonyMary

Formerly Fooled - Finally Free
Well, at least it's up and running again. Sure missed it. :yes:

ditto!

ps:emma, do you have a time frame for when the transfer occurrred? That way I can wrack my mind to recall any new members who posted.

TG1

Angelic Poster
Emma, don't give it another thought. I didn't say a single word during that time that was brilliant. Frankly, I seldom do. Maybe never.

And Kutta -- do repost your string -- if you can't find the link of the pix to your house, I'll repost it to your new string.

TG1

Ogsonofgroo

Crusader
Like anything lost in the last day or so matters as much as what peeps have lost in years an' years, nudge nudge ya know hwat ah mean? ( :p ) Am sure all brilliant posts will come back and haunt everyone again (frankly I'm glad a couple of mine are gone btw lol), Ems, you and crew have done awesome job, nice to see the place up and stable again!

:cheers: :rose: :rose:

Now :booze: & :party: on!

(pretty much a useless 0.02$ worth, but my hand was moving and I had to scratch something!)

Hatshepsut

Crusader
It's all my fault. I posted naughty pictures and couldn't redeem myself because others had already quoted my posts in the wee morning hrs.. I went back and tried to clean up my act and I couldn't. I was wishing for a clean slate really bad. I made a promise not to do it ever again if I could just have another chance. I got my wish. :p

Last edited: