Brain Games

Discussion in 'Human Potential, Self Discovery' started by F.Bullbait, Dec 4, 2016.

View Users: View Users
  1. F.Bullbait

F.Bullbait Oh, a wise guy,eh?

[video=youtube;PN1NAiM55hU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PN1NAiM55hU[/video]

2. WildKat

WildKat Gold Meritorious Patron

Cool!

3. ThetanExterior

ThetanExterior Goldenrod SP

"This video contains content from National Geographic, who has blocked it in your country on copyright grounds".

Not cool.

4. F.Bullbait

It is! :):):)

:touched::touched::touched::touched:

So sorry. I found this series on Netflix, if that helps.

:p

5. Whirr

Whirr unintentional troll

no, Neflix has the same thing going on. International copyright laws and everything.

I'd be watching a Marilyn movie instead of posting here if I lived in the US instead of Europe.

:banghead: not cool

6. F.Bullbait

7. F.Bullbait

[video=youtube;SKpOKXAVjGo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SKpOKXAVjGo[/video]

8. F.Bullbait

...internet buzz

Do these strawberries appear to be red?

Some people think so.

I see only gray with a blue background.

[​IMG]

There are no red pixels in this picture.

:)

9. strativarius

strativarius Comfortably Numb

Yes, I see red, but very muted. Certainly not grey.

[​IMG]

These colours are identical.

10. F.Bullbait

11. Mimsey Borogrove

Mimsey Borogrove Crusader

I see stuff like that a lot when I draw stuff in Sketchup. I can paint several surfaces the same color and as you rotate around the object the colors appear to change. And yes, I see the muted red as well. Mimsey

12. F.Bullbait

The way our eyes perceive color makes it possible to use three colors - red, green, blue - to make us think we are seeing true (spectrum) color when it is really just a combination of these three colors. The color on your computer screen, tv, film are really just combinations of these three colors. A spectral analysis of this kind of color would only show these three color frequencies.

For more on this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RGB_color_model

The foregoing pictures in this thread seem to fall outside this standard model.

I gather that the red color perceived in the strawberries must be rather faint. I can't see it.

As far as 'the dress' goes, I see gold and white (actually the white is bluish-grey but appropriate for white in shadow, by my reckoning)

My wife sees black and blue. No way would I mistake gold for black!

13. Mimsey Borogrove

Ok what do you see here?
    [​IMG]

14. F.Bullbait

Ah, the color blindness test! 25,6,56,45,29,8.

Thinking of RGB, what does an RGB display look like when you are Exterior with Visio?

No body limitations there to fool you regarding what you sense as color, I would think.

15. Mimsey Borogrove

Or! Maybe they see in cyan, magenta and yellow? According to Hubbard they see in all of the wavelengths - full perception, which is how we can see through things while exterior. I haven't personally experienced that but a wog friend did when he popped out of his head. That would include IR and UV . I think some humans see slightly into those bands - I was talking to one of my nephew's friends who said he could see into the UV.

http://www.itworld.com/article/2732...-lets-some-see-well-into-the-ultraviolet.html

http://www.sci-news.com/biology/science-humans-can-see-infrared-light-02313.html

16. Student of Trinity

Student of Trinity Silver Meritorious Patron

That's interesting about seeing infra-red through a two-photon transition. It's theoretically plausible, with strong enough light.

My red-green color vision is somewhat defective. I can distinguish Stop and Go traffic lights with no trouble, and I can only describe their difference as one being red while the other is green. They do not look at all like shades of the same color to me, or anything like that. And yet of those six discs full of dots making numbers, I can only see the 25. The other five patterns all just look like "a bunch of dots in various shades". I don't see the numbers at all. So I'm definitely missing something in my general experience of color. My best bet is that my color vision is a bit like being hard of hearing. When colors are loud and distinct, so to speak, I get what they are saying, but past a certain threshold of noise, I only get mumbles.

Human color vision represents light in terms of just three intensities, which are the responses of three different light-sensitive molecules in our eyes. Compared to the full range of information that is present in electromagnetic waves, this is like listening to music that has been recorded in a compression scheme so radical that all tones are reproduced as just one of three pure notes. If we heard sound the way we see light, a piano would have three fat keys within the middle octave, and nothing else.

There is a lot more to be seen in the world than we see. The reason astronomy can tell us so much about distant stars is that instruments can resolve all different frequencies of light very precisely, allowing us to go far beyond just seeing colors. Seeing colors is like hearing the difference between an A and C; with the much higher frequency resolution of human hearing, however, we can also recognize the complex patterns of overtones that make up musical timbre, so that a C on a trumpet sounds different from a C on a violin. In a similar way, optical instruments can see not just red and green, but hydrogen, helium, oxygen, etc. Hot gas made of different elements glows with distinctive combinations of frequencies.

To beings who could see light with much higher frequency resolution than ours, the world would be a far richer-looking place. We are crude creatures blundering blindly through a world that we only barely even see. So I don't really feel so bad about my color vision. I'm only very slightly worse off than anyone else.

17. Enthetan

Enthetan Mutant

Some women have four types of cone cells in their retinas, allowing them to see a different (richer) set of colors. The condition is called Tetrachromacy. Some birds, lizards, and mammals also have four-color vision, with cone cells sensitive to UV light.

18. strativarius

strativarius Comfortably Numb

I keep asking this question but I've yet to receive a satisfactory answer (or any answer come to that). Our eyes/brain interpret different wavelengths as different colours within the visible em spectrum. So how do disembodied thetans SEE colour (or SEE anything)?