Brian Sheen's Disconnection Story Registry

Discussion in 'Great Web Sites and Links' started by AnonLover, Jul 12, 2015.

View Users: View Users
  1. AnonLover

AnonLover Patron Meritorious

2. Purple Rain

Purple Rain Crusader

3. degraded being

degraded being Sponsor

Um, yeah, but is a little caution advised on "registering" first and last name and email?

4. AnonLover

Yes. In it's current format, there is a question on there about permission to publish, with name or with initials. But keep in mind Brian is brand spanking new to the world of anti-scn related internet activities, his website is still changing everyday and he just created his social media accounts after being interviewed by Tony Ortega.

So I'll try and friend him on FB,then engage him in a conversation sometime this week re: the fact that there's a large number of former members who speak out but don't use their real names due to family members still in. And I'll see if he's open to posting anonymized accounts.

5. AnonLover

Brian is still getting up to speed on using social media, so I haven't reached out to him yet. But he did find his way into Disqus this week on the Underground Bunker where he offered the following remarks that explains what he hopes to do with his Disconnection Registry.

From: http://tonyortega.org/2015/07/11/th...daughter-you-havent-heard/#comment-2135996606
    Another twist to what happened to Brian has also surfaced in another block of the comments on his article starting here: http://tonyortega.org/2015/07/11/th...daughter-you-havent-heard/#comment-2130086163

It seems that Brian's out-of-the-blue ancient history declare and disconnection is a now a thing. There may be a recent effort going down to declare everybody who just quietly left in past decades because at least two people state they got the exact same letter Brian did.

[​IMG]

If this is true, and these form letters have been sent out on a broad scale causing actions that automatically generate $$$ for ethics handling and PTS/SP courses, woo baby! It seems to me we might have a blatant effort of broad scale extortion being executed on active Church of Scientology members in addition to conspiring against those members' constitutional civil right for freedom of association as defined under Title 18 U.S. Code § 241, which is a criminal offense.

So that's all the more reason Brian's Disconnection Registry of people standing up an being counted as victims of this heinous practice.

MassiveDisconnection.png

6. Brian Sheen

Brian Sheen Patron

Hello! I want to thank all of those who have shared their expressions of compassion and resolve to help change these horrendous conditions tearing families apart. I am new to all this but the call from my heart was undeniable and I will do the best I can to help return sanity and freedom to this situation too many of us find ourselves in.

I am curious if anyone has an destination of what these disconnection numbers might be? I saw one post that apparently a number of other Declares went out on the same day as mine to people who had long ago left.

Also a question has arisen as to the privacy of those who register their stories. Of course from a political standpoint having the name and location of the person helps a politician determine the potential value as regards votes and support in his community for taking a stand. Its about politics,not ethics. I set up the the site to give each person the opportunity to allow it to be published or not and whether or not they give their full name or just initials. If some feels there is a better way to do this please tell me for a want to collect as many as possible to use for political leverage but at all times fully respect the privacy of all involved in accordance with their wishes.

I look forward being involved with this message board and learning how best I can be of service to face these challenges and be victorious! Onward!

7. degraded being

degraded being Sponsor

I know the cult declares people.
    I know the cult screws money out of people, including declared people, and the friends and families of declared people.
    I know that if someone refuses to disconnect from a declared person, they themselves might be declared.

As far as I understand it, it has been suggested that the cult has sent out lots of declares, simply as a way to make people vulnerable to manipulation for revenue.

This may have been done by a particular SO or org staff member.

But the suggestion that this is now widespread practice ..that is: Just selecting people and declaring them, to start a money making cycle seem off to me.

Not everyone who is declared is going to rush in to hand over cash.
    It is not in any policy that I have ever heard of ---although I am sure it is quite "on policy" to try to get money out of people who have been declared for specific reasons.

So, just to go back a bit, it seems to me, that you, Brian, or someone else is saying that CoS is now just randomly, or systematically declaring people who have not spoken out against the CoS or done anything to piss them off. So they can collect on it.

Just because you got declared and you had not pissed them off particulary, and didn't really even know about all the anti stuff on the internet??? (really??), AND some other people got declared at the same time, that does not mean that this is a new way of doing things now.

They declare people. They declare people who are some kind of threat. They declare people who are not really a threat, but who are seen as a threat because they stay connected to people who might have an influence that the CoS feels is a threat. The declare people who won't comply. They declare people who haven't done anything threatening and HAVE complied, if someone writes certain kinds of knowledge reports. They make stupid mistakes within their own system of how they categorize people.
    That does not mean they have adopted a thought-out plan to just off-the-cuff, declare people and wait to collect on it, despite the fact that they do collect on anything they can.

Am I missing something?

8. AnonyMary

AnonyMary Formerly Fooled - Finally Free

:welcome2: Brian!!

Thanks for making the registry and explaining more about it.

Not sure if you saw the other thread that came out earlier, when your story hit the news... it was an ongoing thread with lots of questions and opinions, many that were answered and changed as more facts came out. Do visit and comment on it if possible!!

Father files civil rights complaint against Scientology, says can't speak to daughter
    http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthre...-says-can-t-speak-to-daughter&highlight=Sheen

Best wishes,

Mary McConnell

9. AnonLover

I was merely questioning, with a bit of speculation, whether or not that was happening. Which is why I thought the discussion of that possibility would be better served here on ESMB where the audience is predominately ex-members, as opposed to being buried in disqus on the bunker where the audience seems to be mostly never-ins.

So far we only have 3 people who were long gone from Scientology and got declared out of the blue with disconnection following thereafter. That is far from being a lot, but Scientology is always worse than you think. And if there is a bigger pattern to this, discussing it here on ESMB in addition to Brian's effort to build a registry of disconnection stories seems like a good way to explore that possibility.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2015
  10. AnonLover

Here's a suggestion on this: online petition websites commonly offer the option to withhold the person's name from the information made publicly available. Such that signing the petition requires a real name, location and email address but the person signing has the option to not have their name attached to what is listed online. Doing the same thing on the registry might help in gathering stories since there is a long standing norm of people speaking out about Scientology online using a pseudonym, anonymized nickname or nom de plume.

And it looks this could be easily incorporated into what's already setup by adding mention to the instructions at the top of the form that personal information will not be released if somebody chooses and adjusting this part of the form to include a third option after "Only initials" for something like "Withhold name" or "Anonymously" :
    [​IMG]

DiscReg2.png

11. Brian Sheen

Brian Sheen Patron

Wow..thank you all for your input. I must say the info about Title 18 U.S. Code § 241, blew me away! Know I need to figure a way to utilize it.
    Today I filed a Complaint with Florida Attorney General about the unfair and deceptive advertising the Church does on their website concerning "justice" procedures, disconnect policies,civil rights and freedom of expression.

Bottomline for me is to help put an end to these out ethics actions and either create transparency so those joining know what they are getting into or to end this crazy policy of disconnect and fear . I always liked the Creed where it said "That all men have inalienable rights to think freely, to talk freely, to write freely their own opinions and to counter or utter or write upon the opinions of others;" and Personal integrity is knowing what you know –What you know is what you know –
    And to have the courage to know and say what you have observed. But certainly maintaining sufficient personal integrity And sufficient personal belief and confidence in self
    And courage that we can observe what we observe And say what we have observed And that is integrity And there is no other integrity."

I want my daughter and others involved to know these are wonderful ideas but if not followed you have the insanity that now exists where people are are afraid to speak their truth!

12. Brian Sheen

Brian Sheen Patron

Comm Ev- Crucifixion or Resurrection?

I can use some help. Originally when I received my declare order April 6th 2015 I wrote for months to get the specifics of what I was accused of so I could answer them as even though I have not been a Scientologist for 35 years my daughter is and I wanted to avoid her being forced to disconnect because of false data on the line. The IJC ignored my requests and so on May 31st I asked for a Comm Ev hoping this would force them to show me the"evidence" against me so I could correct it as I had never in 35 years been antagonist to my daughter in regards to her participation in SCN.

Well, as most of you know they ignored that as well and so in the spirit of the SCN Creed That all men have inalienable rights to think freely, to talk freely, to write freely their own opinions and to counter or utter or write upon the opinions of others;
 and of LRH's Personal Integrity "integrity is knowing what you know –What you know is what you know –And to have the courage to know and say what you have observed. and SCN support for Universal Declaration of Human Rights Article 12. No one shall be subjected to arbitrary interference with his privacy, family, home or correspondence, nor to attacks upon his honour and reputation. Everyone has the right to the protection of the law against such interference or attacks. Article 19.Everyone has the right to freedom of opinion and expression; this right includes freedom to hold opinions without interference and to seek, receive and impart information and ideas through any media and regardless of frontiers. which I am sure you are all familiar with, I began my site ScientologyHostage.com and asked the State of Florida to protect my Civil Rights as i felt they were being violated.

Well all of a sudden, 5 months later,I just received in the mail from the IJC an approval for my Comm Ev.

Now I wonder, is this just for show to pretend to provide justice and then crucify me or a real outreach? I want to go in without judgment but reading other experiences in this process it seems a likely crucifixion.

And if this is what it is to be I want to know what rights if any I have to
    1- See my ethics and OSA files and all KR's first and to ask any providing them to appear so I can question them
    2- Am I given the right to present my case and do an opening or closing statement?
    3- Can I have my daughter here as this is all about her and her being forced to disconnect even though I was never antagonistic to her participation?

I have searched online to find current policies and have not been able to find them.

SO if anyone can help me with answers to my questions it would be very appreciated. Thanks, Brian

PS Will this note end up at my Comm Ev as they have people following this?

13. Dulloldfart

Dulloldfart Squirrel Extraordinaire

Brian -- there's all the policy on Comm Evs and then there is what happens in real life. I was in the SO 1972-1996, at Saint Hill from 1972-1986 and then in LA (ITO mostly) for the remaining ten years.

In my experience, and from reading reports on ESMB, the Comm Ev works out pretty much as the guy(s) at the top of the heap -- not necessarily even the stated convening authority or IJC -- want it to. The Comm Ev members are not independent: if they don't write the findings and recommendations as the head cheese wants them the F&Rs get rejected and they are told to redo them. After a few bounces the Committee can get told that if they don't do what the poobah (same head cheese) wants then they will get comm-eved themselves. Remember also that the Committee members are usually doing the thing after normal post hours in their sleep time and want to get through it as fast as possible. In short, it tends to be a kangaroo court.

I suppose it could happen that it will be fair, but don't expect it to be.

Paul

14. ThetanExterior

ThetanExterior Gold Meritorious Patron

In my opinion, having been Declared myself along with several other people I know, you are wasting your time expecting justice from scientology.

By setting up your website and going to the "wog" authorities you are already guilty of acts that would get you Declared per HCOPL Suppressive Acts. But they don't even need that reference, they can do anything they like with you because you are causing them problems.

They will lie and cheat and do anything to get you to go away and get your daughter to stay with them. Playing along with their "Committee of Evidence" charade won't get you what you want. They don't care about you or your daughter or ethics or justice. All they want to do is protect the scientology organization. Individuals are nothing. The organization is everything.

Sorry I can't be more positive.

15. Enthetan

Enthetan Mutant

Do not go into the org.

They will want you to sign documents agreeing to never say anything against Scientology again, and they won't let you leave until you do. Your in-Scientology family members are already being pressured to disconnect from you.

16. Victoria

Victoria Patron Meritorious

I agree. And they will LIE. They will say literally anything to get you to do what they want you to do.
    They will make promises, they will promise you what you want, a simple relationship with your own daughter.
    But it will all be lies.

You might think she will get word that you are TRYING so hard to correct things through "proper channels" and maybe that would influence her to cut you some slack. But it won't. The only hope for her is that somehow she gets out of the trap:/

Last edited: Nov 15, 2015
  17. Helena Handbasket

Helena Handbasket Gold Meritorious Patron

On my forum, you DO have to enter an e-mail address, but it is NOT verified so you can enter anything you want to. No "confirm registration" e-mail is ever sent. So you can have perfect anonymity.

Helena

18. Brian Sheen

Brian Sheen Patron

Thanks..Thats what I thought but I am an eternal optimist that just possibly there is another way and peace and reason may prevail...I must at least walk in with this attitude and be ready to handle anything

19. Brian Sheen

Brian Sheen Patron

Really..and how would they keep me there..forcibly?