What's new

Buying Scientology Items

Babel Fish

Patron
I'm not an ex Scientologist, but I was raised in a very fundamentalist religious environment, so I identify with a lot of what former members experienced (though their experience is almost always a more extreme version of mine). I've spent hundreds of hours in the past few months researching Scientology and trying to understand it, and I have a tendency to want to collect stuff related to things that I'm interested in.

It's surprisingly hard to find any standard issue official Scientology items anywhere on the internet (other than books, pamphlets, tapes, etc.). I read a news article that Ebay gives in to the pressure of Scientology lawyers and cracks down on a lot of Scientology stuff that goes up. I don't know how much this contributes to the lack of Scientology stuff online, maybe there's just not much of it out there.

Is anyone here aware of any sites where I might have better luck buying official, non-book Scientology stuff? Google is seriously a wasteland.

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation
I'm not an ex Scientologist, but I was raised in a very fundamentalist religious environment, so I identify with a lot of what former members experienced (though their experience is almost always a more extreme version of mine). I've spent hundreds of hours in the past few months researching Scientology and trying to understand it, and I have a tendency to want to collect stuff related to things that I'm interested in.

It's surprisingly hard to find any standard issue official Scientology items anywhere on the internet (other than books, pamphlets, tapes, etc.). I read a news article that Ebay gives in to the pressure of Scientology lawyers and cracks down on a lot of Scientology stuff that goes up. I don't know how much this contributes to the lack of Scientology stuff online, maybe there's just not much of it out there.

Is anyone here aware of any sites where I might have better luck buying official, non-book Scientology stuff? Google is seriously a wasteland.

You can buy as much standard issue official scientology [STRIKE]crap [/STRIKE] items as you want from any "org" and along with your very first purchase you will also receive (completely free of charge) a permanently clogged up letterbox, a lifetime of harassment and quite possibly a set of steak-knives.

Bargain.

Just wander past any "org" and leave the rest to them.

Problem solved.

:coolwink:

strativarius

Inveterate gnashnab & snoutband
<snip>

Well, I've got a solid silver Clear bracelet I no longer need. You can make me an offer if you like. :biggrin:

cakemaker

Patron Meritorious

What kind of items?
The only thing that doesn't get sold on EBay are confidential packs.

Knows

Gold Meritorious Patron

Try the local dump. Tons of Scientology stuff dumped in landfills.

The shit is worthless but you will find oodles of it there - or dumpsters around LA. You may get lucky and find a trophy which you could use to feel like you "moved up in Status". LOL:wink2:

Babel Fish

Patron
What kind of items?

Nothing specifically. Mainly just things that the church wouldn't freely offer to the public. I've come across a few pins (A pilot wings pin, and a couple IAS pins). That's all I've really seen so far, though it looks like clear bracelets pop up on Ebay every now and then.

phenomanon

Canyon
Nothing specifically. Mainly just things that the church wouldn't freely offer to the public. I've come across a few pins (A pilot wings pin, and a couple IAS pins). That's all I've really seen so far, though it looks like clear bracelets pop up on Ebay every now and then.

LOL! The cherch doesn't freely offer any thing to the public. You gotta be kidding.
Do you want an EMeter? WTF do you want?

TheOriginalBigBlue

Gold Meritorious Patron
There are some links that have internal issues like Flag Orders, Base Orders, Orders of the Day, Ethics Orders, Mission Orders, Evaluations, etc. A lot of this migrated out of the Church in the early days but they are much more cautious about BPI (Broad Public Issue) of Suppressive Person and Disconnection declares and letting stuff go out the door now. I expect taking documents is a touchy subject on sec-checks where people are being routed out. Is there a particular area of interest?

A lot of this stuff was written for true believers and I think they realized how crazy it looked to non-Scientologists in the 80s and they went on a massive shredding spree. After the FBI raids in 77 they went through all internal correspondence to remove anything that could be traced back to LRH's administrative control. Much of this was already highly confidential and not even known to anyone who was not "read in". Internal routings are extremely cryptic with acronymic post, unit and org designations that outsiders and even many other staff would not understand, no names, just initials.

It has been speculated that the Church tries to intercept and buy up material on the secondary market that could be bad PR and/or so it can't compete with the sale of new "revised" material.

Stephen Kent often gets mentioned as the main archivist of material outside of the Church:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stephen_A._Kent

Coincidentally, Tony Ortega just mentioned this in a recent article:

http://tonyortega.org/2016/04/11/sp...aught-up-in-scientologys-notorious-fair-game/

Asking around at ARS for advice about how to gather background information on Scientology that he would need, Hagglund was referred to University of Alberta professor Stephen Kent, who is one of the foremost scholars on Scientology and has one of the largest document collections in the world. Kent in turn introduced Hagglund to Nan McLean, who had spent a few years taking courses at the Scientology Toronto org in the late 1960s and then had become one of the best known critics of the organization.

Jump

Operating teatime
Try the local dump. Tons of Scientology stuff dumped in landfills.

The shit is worthless but you will find oodles of it there - or dumpsters around LA. You may get lucky and find a trophy which you could use to feel like you "moved up in Status". LOL:wink2:

Some gets dumped offshore apparently

WhaleMeritorious_zps04c84d4e.jpg

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on

GREAT NEWS!!!

There is an excellent opportunity to buy some Scientology memorabilia at remarkably favorable "super discount" rates at the moment. I have a friend still in the COS (William Bleauxdown) who was able to secure authentic CHAIN from the Commodore's Apollo ship chain locker.

Profoundly increasing its investment grade value is the fact that this is the very chain (with its original rust and barnacles) that was in the chain locker when Dr. Hubbard threw 4 year old Danny Green into a lower ethics condition for chewing on a piece of paper, thus attempting to sabotage Ron's dream of salvaging this sector of the Galaxy.

It is a rare find to locate investor grade chain that confined out-ethics Scientologists of all ages. In Danny's case, he was in grief for days, much to the concern of other Apollo crew members--who said nothing because they wanted to "flow power to Source" and not "validate the entheta" of Danny dramatizing his case so unethically by hysterically crying aloud for days--thus endangering LRH's PR.

Mud-pic2.jpg

Sorry to load such a huge photo, but I wanted to let you see the incredible detail and authentic patina of Ron's chain.

While supplies last, investors are invited to bid on INDIVIDUAL LINKS, sold at the astonishing below-market-value of $500 per link.

Each link reminds us of Ron's selfless efforts to save mankind and makes for a wonderfully theta conversation starter--especially when fellow uptone, in-ethics Scientologists gather at your home to listen to an LRH taped lecture about total freedom.

uncover

Gold Meritorious Patron
..... the lack of Scientology stuff online, maybe there's just not much of it out there.

Is anyone here aware of any sites where I might have better luck buying official, non-book Scientology stuff? .....
What kind of items?
I am sorry that I have to tell you, that I don´t know any place online - except ebay - where you can waste your money for Co$-things. But here is a link where most of El Con Hubbard's vomit is online - for free :

https://wikileaks.org/wiki/Index_Online_Research_Materials_-_Scientology_Theory_and_Practices

Knows

Gold Meritorious Patron

GREAT NEWS!!!

There is an excellent opportunity to buy some Scientology memorabilia at remarkably favorable "super discount" rates at the moment. I have a friend still in the COS (William Bleauxdown) who was able to secure authentic CHAIN from the Commodore's Apollo ship chain locker.

Profoundly increasing its investment grade value is the fact that this is the very chain (with its original rust and barnacles) that was in the chain locker when Dr. Hubbard threw 4 year old Danny Green into a lower ethics condition for chewing on a piece of paper, thus attempting to sabotage Ron's dream of salvaging this sector of the Galaxy.

It is a rare find to locate investor grade chain that confined out-ethics Scientologists of all ages. In Danny's case, he was in grief for days, much to the concern of other Apollo crew members--who said nothing because they wanted to "flow power to Source" and not "validate the entheta" of Danny dramatizing his case so unethically by hysterically crying aloud for days--thus endangering LRH's PR.

Mud-pic2.jpg

Sorry to load such a huge photo, but I wanted to let you see the incredible detail and authentic patina of Ron's chain.

While supplies last, investors are invited to bid on INDIVIDUAL LINKS, sold at the astonishing below-market-value of $500 per link.

Each link reminds us of Ron's selfless efforts to save mankind and makes for a wonderfully theta conversation starter--especially when fellow uptone, in-ethics Scientologists gather at your home to listen to an LRH taped lecture about total freedom.

It is all so theta - can I buy a link from the chain with some DB kid's tissue still hanging on it? The kid was an obvious SP trying to kill Ron and destroy the 'cherch'.:omg:

TheOriginalBigBlue

Gold Meritorious Patron
I have a tendency to buy things I perceive as "trophies" or symbols of things that were overcome. I have some Russian advertising / propaganda posters on my walls to commemorate the fall of communism and the end of the cold war. I have a Scientology "Patron with Honors" plaque from eBay (it cost someone $100,000 in donations, and it cost me $42 including shipping -- both of us paid too much!).

Most of the stuff on eBay is books and meters, it is true. But you can find other things for sale, you just have to keep watching, possibly for a long time. EBay is the best place for non-book Scientology stuff, but even then it may take some time to get items that strike your fancy.

If you know someone who just left the cult, you can buy their crap and give them money to start their new life. But not everybody has such a friend.

So eBay and any newly-out friends are the best places I can think of -- either way, it could take a long time to get truly weird Scn stuff.

Happy collecting!

Are we seeing the future of Scientology develop before our eyes? Like coin shops selling SS hat pins and daggers.

So tell us about this plaque. Plastic, wood or metal? What is the quality like?

Inquiring minds want to know.

oneonewasaracecar

Gold Meritorious Patron
I'll just leave this here

"Chain Of Fools"

Chain, chain, chain
(Chain, chain, chain)
Chain, chain, chain
(Chain, chain, chain)
Chain, chain, chain
(Chain, chain, chain)
Chain of fools

For five long years
I thought you were my man
But I found out
I'm just a link in your chain

You got me where you want me
I ain't nothin' but your fool
Ya treated me mean
Oh you treated me cruel

Chain, chain, chain
(Chain, chain, chain)
Chain of fools

Babel Fish

Patron
Are we seeing the future of Scientology develop before our eyes? Like coin shops selling SS hat pins and daggers.

Probably.

Do you think that's a bad thing? This kind of stuff gives you a tangible connection to history. To those who weren't involved, it makes things that seem foreign and unreal feel real. It reminds you of how carried away people can get.

Regardless of whether the Scientology reformation picks up the pieces and continues after the organization collapses, I think it's important for people who weren't directly involved to study and learn from Scientology long after it dies.

Anonycat

Crusader
I have a sign that was in front of a cult bunker. It is not a stolen item, it was taken from a scrap pile when the site closed, and it was made available to me. It's heavy, solid wood. You could make it into a bench for your garden.