Calling all Exes

Discussion in 'General Scientology Discussion' started by Clay Pigeon, Oct 29, 2017.

View Users: View Users
  1. Clay Pigeon

Clay Pigeon Patron with Honors

SURF'S UP!!!

The Miscavage regime is unraveling.

He spent millions of bucks to "recover" Rathbun in a desperate and somewhat pathetic attempt to bolster his rep as a dynamic and effective leader.

He is reported to be planning to close Hemet and build his Fuhrerbunker in Clearwater

The IAS has just dramatically dropped it's membership fees; a sensible precursor to a palace coup.

Do the math.

The vineyard planted by the Debbie Cook E-mail is bearing ripe fruit and the grapes of wrath are ready for the winepress of the IAS.

No better place than ESMB to enjoy the show.

Stock up on tangy tasty sea salt, get the fresh sweet creamery butter melting in the saucepan and git that popcorn POPPIN'1

2. Wilbur

Wilbur Patron with Honors

Is there a "don't feed the trolls" button on this message board?

3. ThetanExterior

ThetanExterior Gold Meritorious Patron

dd
    :dontfeedtrolls:

Click on the "smilies picker" button then choose "others".

4. screamer2

screamer2 Patron

:old:

5. Wilbur

Wilbur Patron with Honors

Thanks. Found it. :dontfeedtrolls: :clap2:

6. Clay Pigeon

Would any intelligent members care to comment?

Would any of the aggressive posters explain how this post constitutes a troll post?

7. Lone Star

Lone Star Crusader

I thought the OP was fine.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Huh? Huh? x 1
    • List
  8. Clay Pigeon

Thanx LS.

I don't think you're the only one who liked the OP. Last night after I left the library I went to a local bistro where many wizards hang out. At my age I can barely do a beer anymore but I wanted to watch The World Series (GO ASTROS!!!) and I bought a coke. The place is now a just a bar but it was a bar and grill. The kitchen these days is used only for free hot dogs with Monday Night Football and the ocaisional private party. I had only had coffee and a muffin in the morning and I was pretty hungry so my mouth started watering when the strong fragrance of fresh popped corn struck my nostrils. I looked around and didn't see any so I figured Brendan was in the kitchen dishing up a World Series special for the gang. I sat sipping coke a while, still saw nothing so I got up, walked around the two bar areas, looked in the kitcen and out on the back patio. Nothing. Very strong hot fresh popcorn aroma. No popcorn anywhere. Puzzling. Very puzzling. My mouth now watering and belly growling I finished the coke and decamped to a nearby steak booo-reeto. When I awoke this morning the first thing to pop up in my mind was the thought the OP got so much corn popping all over I could smell it in New Albion.

9. TheOriginalBigBlue

TheOriginalBigBlue Gold Meritorious Patron

The OP seems to emphasize the destabilization of the regime and a coup. Am I wrong to read between the lines that the underlying anticipation here is a Lutheran style Reformation as opposed to a dissolution of the COS altogether?

Otherwise I appreciate the enthusiasm and optimism!

10. Anonycat

Anonycat Crusader

Why is a banned shitposting poster still here?

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • For you For you x 1
    • List
  11. Lone Star

Lone Star Crusader

Probably because he's more interesting than butt hurt whiners like you.

TAJ was always right to defend his old friend.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2017
  12. Clay Pigeon

Beats me OBB. I've been away more than four decades and the church is much, much different now; your guess is as good as mine or anyone else's.

The signs are pretty clear though. The outer orgs are empty and the Miscavage regime has been a PR disaster of incredible proportion. Polls show 7% favorable opinion and 52% unfavorable in the general populace. I once asked a person who lived on the same block of Beacon Street as the Boston org what he thought of his neighbors. He said "I like Hubbard's work but I don't like what they've done with it"; surely an opinion held by large numbers of people with a negative opinion of the church.

And now Miscavage, who has been getting huge donos from whales ostensibly for one thing and diverting the cash to something else - the whales must have paid for the superpower building twice over at least - has spent millions to tie a dead albatross around his own neck.

This is a big thing to ESMBers two ways:

Just for one thing it will provide loads of ROFL entertainment.

More importantly many of us have a horse in the race here. Phenomenon is in her 80's and hasn't seen her child(ren?) for many years. Wouldn't all of us love have her come on here and tell of a tears of joy reunion?

And how many more of us long for reunion with dear friends and dear family?

What will happen?

Who can tell?

But just off the top of my head I'd say DM has four options.

1. He can read the handwriting on the wall, grab anything not nailed down and run like a yellow dog.

2. He can keep his personal honor, hold his position and surrender gracefully under fire.

3. This would be big fun:
    He could rally his loyal officers and execute a huge purge. I don't think he'd have a redneck's chance in Harlem but the thing would come down in technicolor and Dolby stereo

4. He might be able to steal the march if he were to give the ED Int post to the IAS to appoint an interim while something resembling a Constitutional Congress is convened and hold on to his position at the head of the Sea Org.

13. Lone Star

Lone Star Crusader

:sorry:

Sorry Anonycat and all. I went too far. That was uncalled for on the "butthurt" comment.

I'm going to punish myself....

:whipped: :bug:

....and give myself some enforced vacation time away.

ETA: When I say vacation time away I mean from just this thread. My lawyer wanted me to clarify. :bwahaha:

Last edited: Oct 30, 2017
  14. TheOriginalBigBlue

TheOriginalBigBlue Gold Meritorious Patron

HH fielded a predictions thread for 2017 and there have been some very insightful predictions made at the Bunker and on Rinder's blog.

I think it will be something completely random. My biggest and earliest red flag moment was understanding the PTS Type III incarcerations. I knew the policies and the tech angle but it was obvious that all of this equated to Scientology behaving like some psychiatric institution without any official or professional oversight, training, certification, inspection or restraint. You just can't restrain people like that, cut off their communication with everyone and deny legal or medical representation without something eventually going horribly wrong. Somebody is going to try to escape and they will hurt themselves or others or someone will get killed escaping or preventing escape. Or they will be neglected or not treated properly and get sick or die. And then there is the unpredictable behavior of family and friends of that person. The potential for random things to go badly and for that to set in motion other random escalations is unlimited. There are so many things in Scientology that have the potential to do this and the organization's damage control or attempts to prevent these kinds of things are just as likely to cause those kinds of problems in themselves.

It could be as simple as Shelly escaping, even with the help of her handlers, and telling all. Can you imagine how much a jury would award her, or the book deal?

• Like Like x 3
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • List
  15. Clay Pigeon

"You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows"

Bob Dylan

16. Cat's Squirrel

Cat's Squirrel Gold Meritorious Patron

The people still in and close to the centre of operations in the CofS now are the hardest of the hard core - the true believers who have seen all the worst that DM can do and the harshness of the ethics policies but who have stuck with it all through thick and thin, because they believed LRH was a force for good in the world and in the workability of the Tech. Most of them probably still believe that the Tech is the only hope for the world.

It surely can't have escaped all these people that the promises LRH made are not being kept - far from limitless expansion, the CofS is in fact shrinking and no new OT levels are being released or in prospect. DM can pull the wool over the eyes of staff members in the outer orgs because they can't see what's going on elsewhere and there is no opportunity for them to meet up with staff in other orgs and compare notes, but he can't do that with senior execs who have access to the footfall and revenue figures for the orgs throughout the world.

Sooner or later the penny is going to drop with some of these people that as long as DM is leader the CofS is going to go nowhere but downhill according to the purposes they joined up to fulfil, and when that happens they will have a challenge. Do they keep quiet about what they've realised, or do they try and share it with others who might be able to do something and risk confinement in the RPF if they don't get the reaction they're hoping for?

Last edited: Nov 1, 2017
  17. Clay Pigeon

The Whales.

The Whales and the rank and file IAS are the key to DM's ouster

And then it's a whole new ballgame with many exes, indies and inactives flocking back

18. Cat's Squirrel

Cat's Squirrel Gold Meritorious Patron

"And then it's a whole new ballgame with many exes, indies and inactives flocking back."

Inactives maybe, but I don't think many indies will want to return to the CofS if DM is deposed and certainly few (if any) exes will - that's why they're exes, they consider themselves done with the whole thing.

I agree though that if the whales turn against DM he will go - the CofS regards its revenue stream as pretty much sacred.

19. Terril park

Terril park Sponsor

In 17 years of promoting Scn and being on just about
    all FZ/Indie forums etc I only recall one who returned to CO$
    and that seemed just to be with his GF.

20. Bill

Bill Silver Meritorious Patron

"Flocking back"? Not ever going to happen. The problem is not DM and his ouster will not fix the problem. The problem is that Scientology is bad -- the evil is baked into Scientology -- and that fact is now common knowledge. At very, very best, some tiny remnant of Scientology would continue as a odd UFO cult.