Can the CofS survive without Miscavige?

Discussion in 'General Scientology Discussion' started by Iona, Feb 1, 2019.

View Users: View Users
  1. Wilbur

Wilbur Patron Meritorious

Haha. This post reminds me of a faux IAS status that someone once put up on here somewhere, which was something like "Patronus Dufus Maximus" Go on, IAS, I dare you! See if you can get away with that. Introduce it as a new IAS status.

2. Gib

Gib Crusader

there is one thing I know with certain, is that that there are no clears or OT's, that is the basis for doing scientology, and none exist. It is false and a lie.

3. CaliMule

CaliMule Work Hard and Bray

You might adopt the analysis of David Miscavige as a performance artist, much in the way Stockhausen characterized the September 11 islamic terrorists as performance artists. DM is dramatizing a fantasy ideology, much in the manner discussed in this very able article:

Al Qaeda's Fantasy Ideology by Lee Harris

It was not aimed at altering the minds of other people or persuading them to act differently. Its whole point was what it did for him.

And what it did for him was to provide him with a fantasy.

DM is so obviously pursuing a fantasy ideology starring himself, oblivious to actual results, that one may as well think any successor to him will be the same thing.

Come to think of it, was Hubbard anything else? Perhaps his greatest piece was "space cooties, the final frontier to OT powers", or perhaps it was "docking a ship in conservative countries with girls wearing hot pants and bare midriff shirts", or even "Like Mother, Like Daughter: Mary Sue to prison, Diana to the RPF". (Many of you might have missed that segment where Diana Hubbard wound up on the Flag RPF, though it was post-mortem for LRH so it was really more an LRH-DM joint show.)

LRH as a performance artists chasing a fantasy ideology (people behind the perpetuation of the Tanaka Memorial into the present day forced me to write that at gunpoint, using guns held by Rockefeller loyalists), followed by DM as a performance artist chasing a fantasy ideology (dissident Scientologists being commanded by a turncoat jazz musician forced me to write that), followed by . . . well the pattern is clear is it not?

I would propose that an IAS award called "Ultimate COB Knobbler" to some massive whale donor. The Ultimate COB Knobbler would get the privilege of seeing to it that David Miscavige is buried face down, so that the world can kiss his ass. Next, the Ultimate COB Knobbler would insist that the mausoleum he is buried in be torn down, as not built according to any plans. The second mausoleum to replace it would also be torn down, as it wasn't made of fine enough materials. Only the third mausoleum would be allowed to stand and contain the remains of DM, amid landscaping of a tropical rainforest at Gilman Hot Springs, California. This would evoke one of DM's finer performance art peices early in his career.

Whoever best stage manages DM's burial would be the next performance artist to seize the assets and loyal members of the Church of Scientology and provide the next chapter of fantasy ideology.