What's new

Carrie Fisher Outs John Travolta As Gay!

FinallyMe

Silver Meritorious Patron
Thanks. Yes, I sort of remembered the Star Wars connection, but the picture put me off making it for sure. And I wondered about the "Fisher" name.

Debbie Reynolds was married to singer Eddie Fisher before he dumped her to marry Elizabeth Taylor in the 50's. Carrie is Debbie's daughter with Eddie.

Wisened One

Crusader
Still, that don't sound like a real friend, for Carrie to do that to John. :no: (But then again, if it IS true, AND if it helps wake John up and out of the cult, later on, he WILL be thanking Carrie, for that....so...maybe she IS a good friend to do that, idk....)

Still, that don't sound like a real friend, for Carrie to do that to John. :no: (But then again, if it IS true, AND if it helps wake John up and out of the cult, later on, he WILL be thanking Carrie, for that....so...maybe she IS a good friend to do that, idk....)

His picture kissing a guy on a 747 on the National Enquirer was pretty out there.

Carrie has had bigger goblins in her closet that she outed.

She is a GOOD friend to her friends. If she beats the Church of $$$$$$$ from doing a number on him, it is a favor, though it may not make him happy. He has long had a point where they ( Alex Sibiresky, etc) can nail him to the Co$.

He has integrity and is conflicted. so what else is new?

Last edited:

Dukat

Patron with Honors
Thanks Carmel! ^ ^ ^ ^
This thread is back on track!

I agree that she is a good friend and perhaps was lobbing a preemptive strike in favor of her friend.

She knows Hollywood and the media.
She most likely knows lots and lots of the criminal cult.
(Who in Hollywood doesn't? lol)

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
What is important is not so much that she said what she did, but how much other media outlets run with the story, and if it has sticking power.

As of this minute, Google News has 75 news articles about it. Let's see where it goes from here.

Paul

Wisened One

Crusader
What is important is not so much that she said what she did, but how much other media outlets run with the story, and if it has sticking power.

As of this minute, Google News has 75 news articles about it. Let's see where it goes from here.

Paul

It's still one of the top 'trending searches' of Yahoo, too....

TR'SIN

Patron with Honors
Thanks to the publics need to stare at the train-wreck until the obvious outcome - we might be in for some interesting follow-up to Carrie Fisher's statements about John Travolta.

The climate has been set right for the viewers of all those magazine/tabloid "celebrity news shows". Not much is left to the imagination these days. They are quite happy to notice a slight water weight gain of some starlet to the chunky thighs of some "previous" starlet. Everything from sex, drugs, rock-n-roll to tatoos and hairstyles is fodder for this type of reporting group.

I would think his career would be fine and maybe improve. After all he's got a bunch of "movies-for-a-paycheck", not just BE, listed in his filmography and he remains a very popular movie star.

He may have the had to pay a very heavy price for being involved with the Co$, both with money and the cover up. His life would have to be staged, nearly all the time, except on his compound and that can't be much fun. Also, any celebrity connected to the Co$ doesn't get to say much except the party line. And we know that from those who have taken the time to tell their stories once they manage to escape the ties.

I really hope he gets to say it all, whichever way it goes and I wish him and his family well. And most of all I hope they get the hell out of there.

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation
The cult has just lost it's vice-like grip on John Travolta if what Carrie Fisher said is true (or was once true).

Assuming it is/was true she has done him a huge favour and I bet she had his approval to do it (if only tacit) ... I doubt she would just announce something like that without his OK.

He is truly loved and his innate goodness shines out of him, I hope he discovers that no-one except the cult (spits) cares about his sexuality and his wife would already be aware of any issues (past or present).

:yes:

Peter Soderqvist

Patron with Honors
TIME - The Thriving Cult of Greed and Power
The church's former head of security, Richard Aznaran, recalls Scientology ringleader Miscavige repeatedly joking to staffers about Travolta's allegedly promiscuous homosexual behavior.
http://www.clambake.org/archive/media/time910605.html

Extract from an article in The Star, August 18 1998 issue, page 5
John Travolta has been dragged into court battle between a gay artist and the powerful Church of Scientology. Michael Pattison says he turned to the sect to "cure" his homosexuality after it used 44-year old "Face Off" star Travolta to illustrate how the church could turn gay people straight. Now Pattison is suing the church and 22 of its members for fraud, claiming he spent 25 years and a half a million dollars trying to deal with his own homosexuality - but is still gay.

His lawyer, Graham Berry, tells STAR: "Michael was in a Scientology center in Clearwater, Florida with Travolta and they used him as an example of someone who could be cured of what they referred to as is "ruin". However, after 25 years and $500,000, Michael is still gay". http://www.lermanet.com/cos/pattinson1.htm

A Peek into John Travolta’s file
http://caliwog.wordpress.com/2010/11/29/im-still-here/#comment-849

Telepathetic

Gold Meritorious Patron
"Outing" people is something I never thought was a good thing.

Sort of like those in the Co$ that have this compulsion to get off others withholds - just something about that has always struck me a slimey act from a low life.

Like these do-gooders who run around telling people "in" that so & so has been "declared" so they have to "disconnect" from them. Always struck me as all about an attempt to harm the "declared" person and nothing ever to do with "protecting" the person being 'warned".

A slimeball is a slimeball no matter where they ooze to.

I agree.

TP

nozeno

Gold Meritorious Patron
Ooh-ooh-ooooh

Ooh-ooh-ooooh

horshack.jpg

Who cares if he is a bone smoker? His biggest mistake is being tied up in the cult.

T

TheSneakster

When directly asked about John Travolta's homosexual rumors Carrie Fisher stated Fisher stated “Wow! I mean, my feeling about John has always been that we know and we don’t care. Look, I’m sorry that he’s uncomfortable with it, and that’s all I can say. It only draws more attention to it when you make that kind of legal fuss. Just leave it be.”

You all seem to have overlooked something about this quote: whilst Carrie Fisher might very well believe J.T. is gay and hold the above stated opinion about it, there is nothing at all presented to show that she is now or ever was in a position to know for a true fact that J.T. actually is or is not.

One cannot "out" someone when they don't actually possess factual knowledge. At best one can merely speculate, assume and/or buy into mongered rumors - like everyone else.

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
You all seem to have overlooked something about this quote: whilst Carrie Fisher might very well believe J.T. is gay and hold the above stated opinion about it, there is nothing at all presented to show that she is now or ever was in a position to know for a true fact that J.T. actually is or is not.

One cannot "out" someone when they don't actually possess factual knowledge. At best one can merely speculate, assume and/or buy into mongered rumors - like everyone else.

It was stated by various media that Carrie Fisher has been a long time close friend of JT.

IF that is true I would say that she is in a pretty good position to know.

I would agree with you though that one cannot accept this as a true fact based upon what has been presented.

Even if she was in a position to know, I do have a problem with her making these statements to the media, unless she actually has permission from JT to do so. (and that is something we'll probably learn in time, whether or not she had permission)

Personally I feel from everything I know that JT is a genuinely good guy and I could really care less about his sexuality. Sometimes I've wondered though if the CoS would use this type of thing to blackmail him (and yes, this IS speculation) and pressure him into not leaving their cult.

FinallyMe

Silver Meritorious Patron
Really interesting that Behar et al. mentioned that Scientology would "get" Carrie, and wondered whether they were even supposed to say the word, Scientology.

Wisened One

Crusader
:overanalyser:

When directly asked about John Travolta's homosexual rumors

Carrie Fisher stated:

“Wow! I mean, my feeling (stating her opinion) about John has always been that we know and we don’t care. (doesn't say 'WHAT' she 'knows' exactly. She could be referring to: we 'know' of him not liking to be referred to as gay/bi..and/or we 'know' that he's NOT gay but that he fights it legally all the time..'

Of course it's IMPLIED she is referring to him being gay as opposed to NOT being gay...(but it's still a very open interpretation, imo)

Look, I’m sorry that he’s uncomfortable with it, (she could still mean simply the 'attention of if he IS or NOT' ) and that’s all I can say.

It only draws more attention to it when you make that kind of legal fuss.

(this is a simple statement about the ATTENTION drawn to it, nothing more)

Just leave it be.” (Telling JT to leave all the legal fuss be and/or telling the readers to leave the issue be as to whether he is or not)

So: Imo, Carrie has NOT 'outed' John. Yes, she's definitely implying it or at least phrasing it all in such a way to let that opionion of him be seized upon.

But imo, she has NOT stated he is gay or bi or anything.

That all being dissected: I bet JT's team (and Co$) is sayin:

'Carrie: You are SO SUED! We are SO gonna SUE YOU!!' :p

And it STILL makes Carrie the slimeball.