Charles Manson and Scientology: What the church doesn’t want you to know

Discussion in 'Tony Ortega' started by RSS Feed, Nov 20, 2017.

View Users: View Users
  1. RSS Feed

RSS Feed RSS Feeder Bot

There is a new post up at the Underground Bunker

Charles Manson and Scientology: What the church doesn’t want you to know

In 2013, author Jeff Guinn produced a formidable book, Manson, about one of the 20th century’s most enigmatic figures. We enjoyed Guinn’s new look at Charles Manson, and we were interested in the way he carefully placed Manson’s Scientology involvement in context.

With Manson’s death last night in California, we know there’s going[.......]

Continue reading...

2. Teanntás

Teanntás Patron Meritorious

Today's Los Angeles Times

"He read science fiction and books on Eastern religion books and learned about Scientology from a bank robber. On a prison form, he listed his religion as “Scientologist.” "

http://www.latimes.com/local/obituaries/la-me-charles-manson-20171119-story.html

3. ThetanExterior

ThetanExterior Gold Meritorious Patron

There is a new book called Member Of The Family by Dianne Lake. It was published just recently and I'm reading it now. She was 14 when she joined the Manson Family and 17 when she helped put him in prison.

I haven't read much of it yet but a couple of things so far have grabbed my attention.

One is that the first time she met him he told her to put her hands up against his and follow the motion as he moved his hands. I think a lot of people here will recognise this as one of the scientology auditing processes known as CCHs.

The other thing is she says whenever Manson wanted something he would tell his followers he had "postulated it". Again, the only place I've heard someone use this expression is in scientology.

If I come across any more scientology connections I'll post them here.

• Thanks Thanks x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  4. NoIdea

NoIdea Patron

I knew a lot of this back in the 80's when I was in.

5. Churchill

Churchill Gold Meritorious Patron

Note to picketers: “CHARLES MANSON WAS A SCIENTOLOGIST” signs are needed, especially in L.A.

6. The_Fixer

The_Fixer Class Clown

What I found interesting was where Manson cherry picked bits and pieces of things and put them together to create his own philosophies.

Similar somehow to how Hubbard created Scientology.

7. Tanchi

Tanchi Patron

I'm reading it, too. I'm at the days just after the murders. I'm never in, but have read some books by ex Scientologists. I noticed postulated and the hand touching. Please post away!!

8. ThetanExterior

ThetanExterior Gold Meritorious Patron

I've finished reading it now and haven't found anything else except Manson treating his Family in much the same way as David Miscavige is said to treat anyone in close proximity to him, including the beatings and the rants - "Do I have to do everything myself you cocksuckers?".

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • List
  9. Clay Pigeon

Clay Pigeon Patron with Honors

Actually this is living history locally. I know a couple people in the neighborhood who knew the Manson girls when they lived here. Charlie would send his peopl out foraging telling them to "mock up" what they were seeking and go to it.