Child abuse in the Sea Org

Discussion in 'Stories From Inside Scientology' started by Bea Kiddo, Sep 23, 2013.

View Users: View Users
  1. JustSheila

JustSheila Crusader

2. Bea Kiddo

Bea Kiddo Crusader

Serge was messing around with playing with little bombs that he was putting in newspaper stands around LA. He was doing this in the house across the street from ASHO. He was there with his brother, I want to say it was Yuri but not for sure. Both of them were injured. If I remember right, Serge lost both hands and an eye in that blast and his brother I think lost a hand.

Serge was never prosecuted because they considered that he - how do I put this - and this is from the detectives - I guess he got his punishment. And his brother was prosecuted for it. I don't know if it was dropped or taken to completion.

Sasha I believe is the one that past away. He past away of a blood disorder.

3. Udarnik

Udarnik Gold Meritorious Patron

Hemophilia?

God, that would be an awful disease for a true-believing $cilon to have.

4. JustSheila

JustSheila Crusader

It was Yuri who passed away from the blood disorder. Ivan and Nancy (parents) did make sure he always went to the hospital for the blood treatments - Ivan had his own money and probably paid for these personally.

The kids were unsupervised when this occurred. (The SO kids were often left on their own).

Both the kids were very young, around 10 or 13 when that happened. They would have been prosecuted in juvenile court.

None of the kids had proper counselling, and Serge needed it.

Serge stated to me afterward (I was Exec Esto AOLA shortly after the incident) that he was "trying to blow up the evil". I swear on my honour those were his words.

Later, Nancy threw him out of the SO to live on his own, deciding that he was an SP (she and Ivan were divorced then), unsupported, and well under the age of 16. He's been on his own living on the streets ever since. Apparently Serge is so accustomed to it now, that he prefers it that way, but he's had a hard time of it and lost his artificial arm on the streets. Ivan helps him through a local agency.

5. JustSheila

JustSheila Crusader

6. Type4_PTS

Type4_PTS Diamond Invictus SP

Here's another thread with info about child abuse in the Sea Org.
    http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthread.php?17914-Sea-Org-Children-The-Final-Solution&highlight=tanja

Here's the OP that I'm going to post again in this thread:

7. JustSheila

JustSheila Crusader

Melissa Paris' story of growing up in the Sea Org:

http://blogs.villagevoice.com/runninscared/2012/08/scientology_melissa_paris_cadet_org.php

8. Purple Rain

Purple Rain Crusader

Wow!!

Especially this:

"If your blood isn’t running cold by now consider this: There was an instance when Justin Miscavige and Matt Price accidentally injured a staff member at the Ranch and Miscavige assigned them the condition of "Child."

"This was considered far worse than Confusion."​

and this:

"I refuse to accept Miscavige’s medieval prohibitions which redefine a 'child' as a criminal act punishable by Comm Ev and banishment."​

9. Bea Kiddo

Bea Kiddo Crusader

These stories make me cry.

I lived it too but I feel for these people more than what I went through for sure.

10. JustSheila

JustSheila Crusader

I will put one story a day on here. Maybe if each of us does that, we can keep it on top of ESMB and Google Searches of child abuse in Scientology's Sea Org, too (and maybe change the title, slightly, so Scientology comes up as a key word with child abuse?)

11. JustSheila

JustSheila Crusader

I love you, Bea. :blowkiss: I'm so sorry that you and the kids went through what you did.:bigcry: It broke my heart at the time and still breaks my heart. It just kills me that there are still kids being recruited and living this nightmare. We can do this for them - so the whole world knows, and the abuses can one day stop forever.

Then they can heal. Then we all can.

12. Lurker5

Lurker5 Gold Meritorious Patron

:bump2:

:bigcry:

Talk about it people. Make it public. :thumbsup:

:console: :hug: :grouphug: and :bravo: for coming through it.

13. JBWriter

JBWriter Happy Sapien

14. Enthetan

Enthetan Mutant

I remember when I first read FO 3905-1, thinking how evil it was.

The part about the org being required to replace the pregnant woman and send her off to some small failing org, guarantees that the execs of her current org will use every means at their disposal, every threat they can think of, screaming "reality adjustment" sessions, to convince her to get an abortion.

15. JustSheila

JustSheila Crusader

Shane Kelsey's story. He was interviewed on national television on the Today Tonight news show in Australia in Feb 2012 - about a year after Shane escaped from Sydney's RPF. He was 20 or 21 when this was aired. Until he left, he was not allowed to watch television, had never used the Internet or read or followed any other media except scn - his entire life! Our Shane was on the RPF for years for an offense that might have gotten him grounded for a week, maybe a month. He did NOT deserve what was done to him. He was just a teen when he was put in Australia's RPF.

Shane was living in a garage as part of his RPF until it was flooded, then was put in a literal closet, living under the stairs.

This is Shane's story. This is the story of those still imprisoned in Australia. This is not ancient history. Thank you, Shane, for your bravery. Thank you for telling the world about the child abuse and human rights abuses that still occur in the Sea Org of the Church of Scientology today.

Thank God you're home. :biglove: We love you, Shane.

[video=youtube;7yAtnYwB5XQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7yAtnYwB5XQ[/video]

16. Xenu's Boyfriend

Xenu's Boyfriend Silver Meritorious Patron

I may be a dick, but I hope that Commander Birdsong and TAJ have read this post.

17. Xenu's Boyfriend

Thank you, Chuck. :bigcry: This hurts to read, but it is stories like this that always remind me who the greatest victims of the "church" are, the ones who have no choice as it has been said, and the fact that for anyone on the fence about this organization, when children are abused, neglected, hungry, there is no debate, no "two sides" to the issue.

I wish there was a public forum where someone like Tom Cruise was forced to listen to testimonials like yours, one after another, so afterwards, he could explain what he meant when he said "I consider it a privilege to be a Scientologist." Thanks for sharing.

18. JustSheila

JustSheila Crusader

I promised to post one story a day of children who were abused in the Sea Organisation of the Church of Scientology.

Tonja Burden's story, from her affidavit. She was 13 years old when her parents decided to join the Sea Org and she was put into the Cadet Org:

Full story at: http://www.xenu-directory.net/documents/burden19800125.html

19. Xenu's Boyfriend

This is the kind of shit I wish I could blast from the rooftops at the premiere of the next Tom Cruise movie - right near the red carpet. Whenever I read a story like this and I hear people defending Hubbard, or trying to argue the "nuances" of child abuse, I feel despair.

But of course, it's always easier to blame a child and say, they were stupid enough to drink milk with maggots in it, I guess they deserved it, then ask why did we fail them and let it happen? And I'm not talking about Scientology parents only, I'm talking about our government - local, state and federal which continues to allow this to happen.

20. Bea Kiddo

Bea Kiddo Crusader

Something has recently come to my mind.

The Children's RPF. And the regular RPF.

----

Just because you are under 18 does not mean you are sent to the Children's RPF. If you were in the Cadet Org (basically that is where children were "readied" for the Sea org. Once they graduated, they were allowed to join the Sea Org and do the EPF. There was not much to the requirements except maybe age. I think at the time that I was there, the age to join the SO was 15) and did something bad, you would be assigned to the Children's RPF.

However, if you were stupid enough to join the Sea Org (in my case, at the age of 15) and managed to mess up, you were sent to the adult RPF, which is where I was sent at the age of 16 or barely 17.

Does that count as being a child/child abuse? Are we a child, or a minor? What is the classification of this?

------

Ok, then there are the stories (not even getting into the stories of being raised in the Sea Org, how about what stuff I had to do as a minor in the Sea Org?) from that RPF time... some of them I think are already I n my story but let's put them out here too:

We were building the transformer building across the street (across Ivar) from the HGB. This was to house the transformer for the entire building. I would say that the area was about 30 by 30 feet and had to be dug in order to put the electrical lines, pour concrete, then build the building itself. For some reason, I have no idea why, we did not have a backhoe. I am sure it was because we were RPF and not allowed to operate heavy equipment. And so myself, with the rest of my gang, all dug by hand, with a shovel. Day in and day out. I was 16 I think. I did this all day for days, weeks. I think it was 8 to 10 hours with a meal break. Black boilersuit and shoes. No other equipment or safety gear. I think I was the only child in the batch, but there was no discrimination between age groups. All were expected to contribute the same amount of energy.

The last day, as I was eating breakfast, I felt upset and started getting snarky with the in charge. She was a nice person and asked me what was up. I thought for a second and said, "I feel like I can't breath very well". She looked at my back and said it was swollen and purple on one side. They decided to take me to a chiro - a Scientologist, of course. I had to pay for it, of course. The chiro told me that I ripped all of the muscles in my back and dislocated 2 ribs. She could not believe that I was even getting around at all. She told I would need months of therapy. Of course I did not do it. I just rested that day with ice and hot packs alternately until the swelling went down.

----

And then the ever-so-famous rats alley. Yum. I don't know why it is called rats alley because I have never seen a rat down there... hmm.... but what it is a huge space that covers the entire area of the galley at the PAC base. The height level is only about 4 feet so walking around is hard. We used to have carpet dollys that we would roll around on when we had to work down there. When I was there, it had about 3 inches of the nastiest water on the floor and you would come out of there smelling so gross! Anyways, we would go under and clean the grease traps for the galley (empty them, clean them out and replace the lids), then we would try to help get rid of the MASSIVE amount of large roaches that were down there. The back wall furthest from the entrance had thousands and thousands of roaches... the wall was just moving with them. So nasty. Part of the reason was because back on that wall there was a connection to the main sewer line of LA. I would spend 8 to 10 hours a day for weeks cleaning it out. We finally did get all of the water off the floor and then it wasn't quite so nasty.

-----

I guess I missed prom.

And High School, for that matter.