Child Sexual Abuse in Scientology

Discussion in 'Mike Rinders Blog' started by RSS Feed, May 12, 2019.

View Users: View Users
  1. RSS Feed

RSS Feed RSS Feeder Bot

There is a new post up at the Mike Rinder's Blog

Child Sexual Abuse in Scientology

Last Tuesday Tony Ortega wrote a disturbing piece highlighting yet another atrocious story involving the Freewinds and scientology’s attitude towards its children. It somehow seems sadly appropriate to focus on this issue on Mother’s Day to remind us that many mothers have been split from their children by scientology and how powerful the[.......]

Continue reading...

2. Enthetan

Enthetan Master of Disaster

There's LOTS of stories here on ESMB about neglect and abuse of children in Scientology.

It is inherent in the staff experience, that if you are a staff member, then you will not be able to adequately care for your kids.

I remember one friend telling me about a conversation he had with a staff member. He noticed her teenage daughter was functionally illiterate, and commented on it to her. Her response was essentially "No big deal, she's just going to go into the Sea Org anyway".

The biggest abuse, is succumbing to pressure from recruiters, and allowing your kid to be recruited into the Sea Org in early teen years. At that point, the kid will be trapped.

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  3. Cat's Squirrel

Cat's Squirrel Gold Meritorious Patron

One thing I think is worth saying here is that Scn heavily suppresses normal avenues of sexual expression, particularly for staff members but also for its public as well. Scientologists are not supposed to have sex of any kind unless they're married, and even then they can be separated and given posts to orgs on different sides of the country without having had any say in the matter.

In that regard it's very much like the Catholic Church (which also for decades discouraged its parishioners from reporting abuse to the authorities, preferring to deal with it internally instead).