What's new

CHINESE SCHOOL

DartSmohen

Silver Meritorious Patron
Do you remember this abberation?:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

Having to stand there like a load of crash test dummies, badly dressed, tired, hungry and having to chant " WE ARE GOING UP WHILE THE WORLD IS GOING DOWN".:whipped: :nazi:

Half the allotted time was taken up by the MAA's trying to get everyone out of their hiding holes and into a course room for this.

It was like trying to round up a herd of cats!.

And as for the stupid, meaningless drivel we had to recite, not a single person there had the slightest belief in the message. It was an endurance test, a battle of wits.

God knows what lunatic decided on the "message of the week".:ohmy:

Even the HCO staff running it seemed embarassed by having to do it.

From what I hear, even today in Scn businesses, Chinese School is run on a daily basis, at least in E. Grinstead it is. I bet their staff turnover is huge.

nw2394

Do you remember this abberation?:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

Having to stand there like a load of crash test dummies, badly dressed, tired, hungry and having to chant " WE ARE GOING UP WHILE THE WORLD IS GOING DOWN".:whipped: :nazi:

Yes. I remember. We mainly did the affluence attainment formula. I still remember something about 'doing the things that won, not new things untried as yet' part of it. At least it was slightly useful. :eyeroll:

Nick

Giuseppe

Patron with Honors
Yes. I remember. We mainly did the affluence attainment formula. I still remember something about 'doing the things that won, not new things untried as yet' part of it. At least it was slightly useful. :eyeroll:

Nick

YeS! That Giuseppe does too!

Affluence Attainment Consists of...
In Ethics
Standard Tech
Doing the things that won, not new things untried as yet
[and one more, Giuseppe forgot].

Don't stick things up your butt - Exit only.

Last edited:

Lynn Fountain Campbell

In the Class VIII course room (as well as on the Flag Internships) it was "Standard: A definite level or degree of quality that is proper and adequate for a specific purpose."

So. I wonder what the purpose is now....

Lynn

grundy

Gold Meritorious Patron
Ours was "The definition of a team...."

Free .. this one?

http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthread.php?p=71104

Affluence attainment, yes. Code of a Sea Org Member. (I was the first on base to finish this verbatim during that evolution.)

But learning stuff verbatim was a thing I did. Auditor's Code, Laws of L&N (I didnt have to, I just did), factors, Supervisors Code (had to know that), Lots of definitions.

One of my friends knew someone that wanted to study me. He had been studying memory for 20 years and I was an odd case. Because although I don't have a potographic memory, the amount of stuff I had memorized was ... well it was a lot.

Last edited:

Pliny Younger

Patron with Honors
In the Class VIII course room (as well as on the Flag Internships) it was "Standard: A definite level or degree of quality that is proper and adequate for a specific purpose."

Lynn

Wow, I remember chinese schooling that. Either DC or ASHO can't remember where.

DartSmohen

Lynn

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Don't remind me!

I supervised the Cl VIII course and we were instructed to have the students recite that every day.

Did you have to do the Laws of L & N as well?:duh:

Bea Kiddo

Crusader

Don't remind me!

I supervised the Cl VIII course and we were instructed to have the students recite that every day.

The Laws Of L & N have to be learned verbatim on Level III Course now. And again on Level IV. And on the BC, then again on Class VIII.:eyeroll:

Curiosity

Patron with Honors
The Laws Of L & N have to be learned verbatim on Level III Course now. And again on Level IV. And on the BC, then again on Class VIII.:eyeroll:

Haha...Michelle Shocked has a song on her "Short, Sharp, Shocked" album called "The L&N Don't Stop Here Anymore." :thumbsup:

Lynn Fountain Campbell

Don't remind me!

Yep. It's been almost 20 years since the last time i got checked out on it, and I still have some of the circuits floating through my head (one: the definition of a complete list is a list which has only one reading item on list, two: a TA rising means a list is being listed too long, three: a list can be underlisted, in which case nothing can be found on nulling.... etc, etc, etc), and my File Clerk is busily moving them from the Vital Data section to the Trivia Banks.

It's like dekluging my house. I wonder if I'll ever use any of this stuff again, but can't quite bring myself to throw it out.

Lynn

lionheart

Gold Meritorious Patron
We used to Chinese School the Expanded Tone Scale, vocally dramatising the emotions.

That was quite good fun actually! :)

DartSmohen

We used to Chinese School the Expanded Tone Scale, vocally dramatising the emotions.

That was quite good fun actually! :)

Did you ever have to drill the colours? Blue is Office LRH, yellow is HCO, pale blue is dissem, pink is Treasury, green is Tech, grey is Qual and fuck knows what Div 6 was, I have forgotten. :no: :grouch:

all our memos had to be written on the correct coloured paper. The routing had to be on the top left, in a list. :duh:

One of our (many) missions made a point of emphasising the division colours. :melodramatic:

Thalkirst

Patron with Honors
We had the following chinese schools items - it was used extensively in OTL Hungary for some reason.

- Code of a Sea Org Member
- Definition of observation from Modern Management Technology Defined
- A datum about cooperation and foresight from the Welcome to the Sea Org
lectures
- LRH ED 339R, the part about purposes - and having no other fish to fry :eyeroll:
- org board and VFPs
- HCO PL ENVIRONMENTAL CONTROL, the part about criticism and competent handling
- HCO PL OT ORGS, the part about failed purposes

DartSmohen

I wonder if little Davey is walking around doing his "Gretta Garbo" drill;

"I want to be alone." :melodramatic:

I am sure he would agree that his biggest problem is "You simply cannot get the right staff"!...:yes:

grundy

Gold Meritorious Patron
Did you ever have to drill the colours? Blue is Office LRH, yellow is HCO, pale blue is dissem, pink is Treasury, green is Tech, grey is Qual and fuck knows what Div 6 was, I have forgotten. :no: :grouch:

all our memos had to be written on the correct coloured paper. The routing had to be on the top left, in a list. :duh:

One of our (many) missions made a point of emphasising the division colours. :melodramatic:

HCO was Goldenrod. Div 6 was yellow.