Chris Shelton video channel: What is wrong with Scientology

Discussion in 'Chris Shelton's Videos' started by CommunicatorIC, Apr 2, 2014.

View Users: View Users
  1. Intentionally Blank

Intentionally Blank On a mission...

I've been thinking about this all day, Sally.

While it's true there are basic human rights written into international code there are so many, many, instances where those rights are violated by governments, churches, and other organizations. I have gay friends all over the world. In some places they are "allowed" the right to marry and in others that basic right which is afforded straight couples is denied them ... all based on their plumbing design. Children of gay and lesbian parents who are not allowed to marry are, in some instances, denied rights of survivorship, insurance, and other protections we take for granted with straight parents. Rights of women in countries all over the world are denied due to religious or cultural belief systems. Even the right to legal representation and due process is not always guaranteed even when it is presumed under the law. Churches deny their members' rights to reproductive freedom and expression of sexual orientation, to touch on some hot spots. Growing up in a christian cult, clothing and hairstyle choices were denied.

The interesting, and perhaps defining, difference between scn and (most) other religious organizations is, the choice to leave. It's disconnection, yes, and it's even more than that. If you decide to leave, say, the catholic church because you don't like the divorce and remarriage law you can do so without official retribution. It's true, Aunt Matilda might have pitch a fit and refuse to speak to you again, and you might not be able to partake of the sacraments afterwards but --- no one is going to call your family and friends and threaten them if they continue to speak with you, AND no one is going to divulge what you said in confession, no one is going to come pounding at your door insisting you owe money, no one is going to hang up a neon colored piece of paper detailing your crimes..... and so on.

It seems to me.... and I'm a never in so this is from the outside .... the real abuse of human rights is stealing the freedom of choice to walk away without being harmed.

Every other loss of rights might be considered an abdication in order to part of the club. If I want to be a scn I agree that I will no longer do xyz. I agree not to speak out against scn. I agree not to mix other practices with my scn practice. I agree to pay for really low quality courses. Even in contracts which I review ahead of time -- I agree to the conditions. (Heck, my employment contract has things that are not legal in the municipality where I am employed - it's not that unusual.) I'm not saying those things are ok - but that people in scn agree to them as they come up. Manipulation, coercion, brainwashing, yes. But still agreement at some level. I don't know that anyone agrees to what happens when they choose to leave.

Just my thought for the day.

Blanky

2. sallydannce

sallydannce Gold Meritorious Patron

I am writing this from "the hip" without deep thought.

I did not agree to have my mind and thoughts controlled forever more. I did not forfeit my right to change my mind, change my beliefs, change my perspective. I did not enter a life-long contract with scientology about any of this. They (the group) never transparently explained this to me when I signed their inadequate lopsided contracts. Therefore the contract is highly debatable as enforceable. Even a marriage contract can be broken without the consequences scientology inflicts. Yeah a broken marriage contract often results in a wild emotional mess, with stupid disputes over who is getting what, but one's basic human rights (freedom of thought, freedom of speech, etc) is not put to the test.

I did not agree to having less rights, than my fellow citizens, to access to tribunals, to speak in any media I so chose to express my opinions, to change my mind, to live freely within a society that, while imperfect, does place value on freedom of liberty, freedom of speech, freedom of thought, etc. I did not agree to living a life looking over my shoulder to check I'm not being monitored. Fuck my posts on ESMB are monitored by OSA (well they were, not sure of current status).

The abuse is more than just the freedom to walk away without consequences (disconnection, threats of legal action if one speaks out in the media, etc). The abuse includes, but is not limited to, severing the right to tribunals such as employment, monetary disputes arbitration; reporting crimes to local law enforcement (as a scientologist you are violating ethics codes if you report a fellow scientologist to police before consulting with OSA); seeking outside opinion on such matters as the damn scientology contracts; the right to found a family (applicable to sea org members); etc, etc. I need to sit down with the codes and look at this issue more.

Because of my association with the group known as scientology my legal position as a New Zealand citizen was eroded. I should not have to "defend" myself against legal attacks from a group when I was not violating any law of my nation. But I did when I was part of a documentary. Scientology's contracts - which they were contending I was in violation of - were non-transparent and heavily weighed in their favour. This brings the issue of validity into major question.

Scientology (a lawyer under their instruction) said "she can't talk about what she did when she was in scientology, she's contracted to silence forever more." I said (via a lawyer) "bullshit. The law of my nation is superior to your cock-eyed contracts." Scientology said "you are damaging us if you speak out."

I said (via a lawyer) "let a judge decide that! Bring your packed lunches and stupid paper-work and let's talk in an open court. Let's inspect your contracts under the good guidance of a neutral man/woman of the law. Let's inspect your process on how those contracts were signed and a whole myriad of other really boring legal shit. You can be the bully but you are NOT above the law!"

Silence. My rights were violated and the lawyers involved knew it. I knew it. Scientology knew it. Because I have the law on my side. Yes the law is an ass, yes it is full of stupidity but get down to the essence of things and scientology doesn't have a leg to stand on. Imo.

3. Free Being Me

Free Being Me Crusader

This thread deserves a sticky.

4. Type4_PTS

Type4_PTS Diamond Invictus SP

Last edited: Apr 28, 2014
  5. Sindy

Sindy Crusader

These videos are outstanding.

6. Churchill

Churchill Gold Meritorious Patron

Ditto that.

Watching the video, I realized that, for all the endless prattle about putting the being "at cause",

it really is the exactly the opposite. It is a delusional "cause". Just one example:

If you should ever decide to leave Scientology, they will move heaven and earth to make it nigh unto impossible,

with phone calls, letters, unsolicited visits for years afterward. The message is:

You cannot leave Scientology.

But,

if you go on the internet, or

question DM's nuttines, or

voice any thought or doubt

to your husband, wife, or child,

they will likely "turn you in", and then

Scientology will leave you,

and take all of your family and all of your friends.

So, to sum it up,

You're not allowed to leave Scientology.
    Scientology is allowed to leave you.

So, who is at cause, and who is kept at effect?

7. HelluvaHoax!

HelluvaHoax! Gold Meritorious Sponsor

Re: Chris Shelton's video on "Fair Game"

Dear Chris,

I simply loved everything about that video. Illuminating & Impressive!

Every time senior cult management notices that one of your new videos has hit the internet, they must feel like a street thug on the run--who looks out the cheap motel window and realizes they are surrounded by a SWAT team.

SWAT: Scientology Whistleblowing and Truth

8. sallydannce

sallydannce Gold Meritorious Patron

Excellent stuff Chris! :clap::clap:

Thank you!

9. Knows

Knows Gold Meritorious Patron

THE BRAINWASHING MANUAL by L Ron Hubbard has been updated. :omg:

SCIENTOLOGY is an important if less known division of Geo-politics. It is less known

because it must necessarily deal with highly educated personnel, the very top strata of
    "mental healing".

By SCIENTOLOGY, our chief goals HAVE BEEN effectively carried forward.

To produce a maximum of chaos in the environment of Scientologists including staff and public is our first most important step. VWD! This is DONE!

Our fruits are <grow> in chaos, distrust, economic depression and scientific turmoil. 64 years later we can mark this off as a VWD!

At <least> a weary staff and public can seek peace only in our offered Communist State, at last only Communist SCIENTOLOGY

can resolve the problems of the staff and public member.

A SCIENTOLOGIST must work hard to produce the maximum chaos in the fields of

"mental healing".

He must recruit and use all the agencies and facilities of "mentalhealing". He must labour to increase the personnel and facilities of "mental healing" until

at last the entire field of mental science is entirely dominated by SCIENTOLOGICAL Communist principlesand desires.

10. AnonyMary

AnonyMary Formerly Fooled - Finally Free

This is a remarkable series of videos that can be seen and understood by anyone. So informative. So succinct on each topic. Laying it all out on each subject and asking you to just listen and follow the history, to read references if need be. To see the monster Hubbard created that backfired on the church and how it all came about.

I am amazed at the skill, knowledge, intelligence and presence Chris Shelton has in laying all this out, especially for someone so newly out of the church. Listening to these is like hearing the essence of all the voices of many who have spoken out, who have tried to alert others to the insanity, the contradictions and the injustices, who have come to know and understand but who didn't quite have all the right words or references or to be in a frame of mind to be totally objective enough at the time, giving parts to a big whole that needed something like these videos to get the bigger picture across. Really fantastic work here. :thumbsup:

These are must-see videos. Bookmark this youtube channel
    http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCF326xyA0QHI7Z5xAwKQDJg/feed?activity_view=3

~ Mary McConnell

11. Chris Shelton

Chris Shelton Patron with Honors

Ok, here is the last in this series. There are more videos and articles coming - no worries there - but this is the last in my analysis of what I believe is destroying Scientology as far as its own toxic policies and practices go.

[video=youtube;ibxELHcYZFQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ibxELHcYZFQ[/video]

I put together a playlist on my YouTube channel so all the videos could be accessed with one link. That is https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLGrPM1Pg2h72Pe6XFt4Q9kZHLzOzT6J7s. You could use that link to send all the videos to someone in an email or something like that (hint hint).

I hope it's been as fun to watch these as it has been to make them. This was a cathartic experience for me. And like I mentioned, I've got more written or in-progress, so this isn't the last you'll see of me. I really hope that some of you are helping me get these out there in front of existing Scientologists. Those people are the ones who need to see these more than anyone else. :yes:

12. Knows

Knows Gold Meritorious Patron

Chris - another EXCELLENT video and you did a fantastic job of PROVING, without any doubt, that the Church LIES.

Those recordings of Tommy Davis are priceless and they prove to everyone the Cult of Scientology uses Disconnection to control people from speaking out against the abuses!

Disconnection is brutal, inhumane and disgusting and this is how the cult controls the few members still in.

Thank you for your great speech at Flag Down and thank you for these series of videos. I hope you don't stop - you have an excellent grasp on how the cult manipulates its members to obtain money and free labor. Please continue!!

:thankyou::goodposting::hifive::cheerleader::party::woohoo::flowers::heartflower::grouphug:

13. NoName

NoName A Girl Has No Name

The message to current Scientologists regarding disconnection may as well have been directed at my 2D. I really hope he sees it.

14. Mimsey Borogrove

Mimsey Borogrove Crusader

I hope you can get a copy of your Flag Down speech and clean up the audio and post it on your site.

What many people seem to miss is the viewpoint that the Scientologist has of disconnection - it is well known that A) he / she dosn't want to put their future OTness to be at risk, but more importantly, B) they believe what they are doing by disconnecting will result in the disconnected person coming to his senses and recanting and rejoining the group.

There is also C) they don't realize that it is a political mechanism. It mostly has nothing to do with it's stated purpose of handling " the SP fighting some long ago battle", or the person is an anti social psychotic destroyer of spiritual enhancement. They don't realize it is simply, as you point out, a means of cutting off communication with people who disagree with Scientology.

Yep, it needs to get into the hands of the Scientologists.

I can't wait for your next one.

Mimsey

15. Ogsonofgroo

Ogsonofgroo Crusader

All sorts of awesome Cris! Well spoken, to the point and concise, I've enjoyed the whole series very much.

Thank you :cake: & :cheers:

16. Intentionally Blank

Intentionally Blank On a mission...

Ditto that.

17. Chris Shelton

Chris Shelton Patron with Honors

Thanks Mimsey. You will see something very similar to my Flagdown speech on my blog before too long. It's my next planned video. I was very unhappy with the Flagdown A/V setup that first night. I was only able to be there for that first night, unfortunately, so I couldn't hang around until they fixed it later in the week. But my message from that evening will get out in a very easily understandable format very soon.

18. everfree

everfree Patron Meritorious

I really appreciate how the video shows how blatantly Tommy Davis lies as "official church spokesperson". I didn't understand at first how often I was blatantly lied to in similar fashion, I had never encountered a group that lies about itself like that before.

19. ThetanExterior

ThetanExterior Goldenrod SP

They like playing with words to hide their true intentions.

They say it's a personal choice to disconnect. Yes, that's true. But if a person chooses not to disconnect then they'll be declared themselves.

It's like someone putting a gun to your head and saying give me your money or I'll blow your brains out. According to the CofS school of logic if you give him your money then that's your personal choice.

20. Mimsey Borogrove

Mimsey Borogrove Crusader

What is interesting is he says (trying to weasel out of it) - " there is no such thing as disconnection as you characterize it" [video=youtube;n3czQxy3DbQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3czQxy3DbQ [/video]see after 2:49

A year later, more of that quote ran on Anderson Cooper followed with with Christie Colburn's wonderful explanation - see 6:33 - and I suggest watching the whole video. Mimsey

[video=youtube;-mdWT7U679w]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-mdWT7U679w[/video]