christianity

Discussion in 'Cults in General' started by haaaaa, Jan 7, 2018.

View Users: View Users
  1. haaaaa

haaaaa welcome

I wondered what is so appealing about it?

From what I could see religion's only purpose in my opinion is to help people from a community an opportunity to meet one another. I imagine this was the case long ago in small towns but whenever I go to a church it is like, being in a public school, people all sit quietly and the chairs are uncomfortable and there isn't much time to socialize because people leave right away afterward. Essentially there is no purpose for religion. I can go to hell for all I care...

2. programmer_guy

programmer_guy True Ex-Scientologist

I guess that you are looking at modernized christianity from a modern perspective without yet looking up the ancient origins and the debates on the origins of this?

3. haaaaa

haaaaa welcome

4. programmer_guy

programmer_guy True Ex-Scientologist

First of all, most people who consider themselves to be some form of christian is mainly because of childhood indoctrination (i.e. family/parental influence).

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  5. haaaaa

haaaaa welcome

oh true ...

6. JackStraw

JackStraw Silver Meritorious Patron

I would invite you to look at "The Biblical Series" by Dr. Jordan Peterson. So far about 15 lectures, each about 1 1/2 - 2 hrs, followed by a Q & A session...You will find something more than the paper-thin understanding that most have of this religion.

Jack

7. haaaaa

haaaaa welcome

found it ,

8. Clay Pigeon

Clay Pigeon Banned

From the outside organized religions are easily seen as a melange of myth and superstition, rite and ritual and perhaps most of all TRADITION! N.B. the opening song of "Fiddler On The Roof" ( if one of you cyberwizards would be so kind as to post a link to a video of the tune?)

From the inside...

The essence of all our great religions is spiritual awakening, a profoundly difficult and painful process

There is also the civilizing aspect of religious teaching and as history has progressed much, perhaps most of what is thought as secular is rooted in mankind's religious efforts.

You don't give the impression of being eager to take such advice but that you asked does crack open a door. It is recommended you find a church with an intelligent warmhearted pastor and converse with him or her and begin a smll study of scripture with the keynote address of christianity, The Sermon on The Mount beginning in Matthew chapter five and a slow and reflective reading of The Book of Proverbs. My favorite Proverb is 27:17

9. haaaaa

haaaaa welcome

10. tesseract

tesseract Patron with Horrors

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

• LOL LOL x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  11. Clay Pigeon

Clay Pigeon Banned

Thank you so much haaa!

Very beautiful music isn't it? And the broadway cast recording is, I think, the equal of the film version which I think uncommon.

I don't think many people realize how greatly this one tune has influenced our national culture and I think it has done so for both better and for worse. For better because it has lubricated our ability to question tradition and free ourselves from the shackles of arbitrary and authoritarian conduct based on tradition and much of tradition is based on response to environmental challenges modern science has resolved or diminished. But also for the worse. I cringe every time I hear marriage, faithful, lifelong and heterosexual referred to as "traditional marriage". This I believe to ultimately be based in essence; our truest and highest nature. I believe divorce should be fairly easy for couples who have no children but a mated mother and father are of such surpassing value to children it should perhaps be more difficult for parents. Studies indicate even children raised in marriages which are seriously dysfunctional fare better in life than children of divorce. I am strongly in favor of a generous dispensation to gay couples as domestic partners but I don't approve of it being the equal of one man one woman marriage. "gay marriage" has been put to plebescite 33 times in 33 states and thirty three time in thirty three states it has been voted down and the current Federal dictate that states sanction gay marriage is a violation of both the Ninth and Tenth Amendments

My two cents...

12. Clay Pigeon

Clay Pigeon Banned

Just by the way tesserect, The Nazarene is recorded as saying on the cross "Father forgive them for they know not what they do."

13. guanoloco

guanoloco As-Wased

Double post...sorry.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2018
  14. guanoloco

guanoloco As-Wased

http://www.experienceproject.com/stories/Havent-Lost-My-Virginity/1269918

Although, as a Libertarian, I've always supported gay marriage...or rather...I've always supported the non-governmental intrusion into private arrangements (for instance, why should married couples get benefits other couples or relationships don't - it's none of the Goddamned government's business). What you do in the privacy of your own home is your own business.

At any rate here's some quotes to show you who's behind the destruction of the family - please note, they're all feminist professors - these people are actively teaching sociology and "humanities" across campuses today. The people taking these courses are journalists, teachers, mental health practitioners. This ideology has a stranglehold on Europe's politicians, media and policies. Just like it has with the left here in the U.S.

"The nuclear family must be destroyed... Whatever its ultimate meaning, the break-up of families now is an objectively revolutionary process." -- Linda Gordon

"We can't destroy the inequities between men and women until we destroy marriage." -- Robin Morgan

"All patriarchists exalt the home and family as sacred, demanding it remain inviolate from prying eyes. Men want privacy for their violations of women... All women learn in childhood that women as a sex are men's prey." -- Marilyn French

"All men are rapists and that's all they are" -- Marilyn French, Authoress; (later, advisoress to Al Gore's Presidential Campaign.)

"The media treat male assaults on women like rape, beating, and murder of wives and female lovers, or male ****** with children, as individual aberrations...obscuring the fact that all male violence toward women is part of a concerted campaign." -- Marilyn French

"I was, in reality, bred by my parents as my father's concubine... What we take for granted as the stability of family life may well depend on the sexual slavery of our children. What's more, this is a cynical arrangement our institutions have colluded to conceal.". -- Sylvia Fraser; Journalist

Catharine MacKinnon ( ) maintains that "the private is a sphere of battery, marital rape and women's exploited labor." In this way, privacy and family are reduced to nothing more than aspects of the master plan, which is male domination. Democratic freedoms and the need to keep the state's nose out of our personal affairs are rendered meaningless. The real reason our society cherishes privacy is because men have invented it as an excuse to conceal their criminality. If people still insist that the traditional family is about love and mutual aid--ideals which, admittedly, are sometimes betrayed--they're "hiding from the truth." The family isn't a place where battery and marital rape sometimes happen but where little else apparently does. Sick men don't simply molest their daughters, they operate in league with their wives to "breed" them for that purpose. -- Donna Laframboise; The Princess at the Window; (in a critical explication of the Catharine MacKinnon, Gloria Steinhem et al tenets of misandric belief.)

9. "Being a housewife is an illegitimate profession... The choice to serve and be protected and plan towards being a family- maker is a choice that shouldn't be. The heart of radical feminism is to change that." (Vivian Gornick, feminist author, University of Illinois, The Daily Illini, April 25, 1981.

10. "The most merciful thing a large family can to do one of its infant members is to kill it." (Margaret Sanger, founder of Planned Parenthood, in "Women and the New Race," p. 67).

"The care of children ..is infinitely better left to the best trained practitioners of both sexes who have chosen it as a vocation...[This] would further undermine family structure while contributing to the freedom of women." --Kate Millet, Sexual Politics 178-179

"Since marriage constitutes slavery for women, it is clear that the women's movement must concentrate on attacking this institution. Freedom for women cannot be won without the abolition of marriage." -- Sheila Cronin, the leader of the feminist organization NOW

"Marriage as an institution developed from rape as a practice." -- Andrea Dworkin

5. "Marriage has existed for the benefit of men; and has been a legally sanctioned method of control over women.... We must work to destroy it. The end of the institution of marriage is a necessary condition for the liberation of women. Therefore it is important for us to encourage women to leave their husbands and not to live individually with men.... All of history must be re-written in terms of oppression of women. We must go back to ancient female religions like witchcraft" (from "The Declaration of Feminism," November, 1971).

"Heterosexual intercourse is the pure, formalized expression of contempt for women's bodies." -- Andrea Dworkin

"In my own life, I don't have intercourse. That is my choice." -- Andrea Dworkin

Under patriarchy, every woman's son is her potential betrayer and also the inevitable rapist or exploiter of another woman." -- Andrea Dworkin

"To be rapeable, a position that is social, not biological, defines what a woman is." -- Andrea Dworkin

"Q: People think you are very hostile to men. A: I am." -- Andrea Dworkin

"Men use the night to erase us." -- Andrea Dworkin

"The annihilation of a woman's personality, individuality, will, character, is prerequisite to male sexuality." -- Andrea Dworkin

"All sex, even consensual sex between a married couple, is an act of violence perpetrated against a woman." -- Catherine MacKinnon

"You grow up with your father holding you down and covering your mouth so another man can make a horrible searing pain between your legs." -- Catherine MacKinnon (Prominent legal feminist scholar; University of Michigan, & Yale.)

"In a patriarchal society, all heterosexual intercourse is rape because women, as a group, are not strong enough to give meaningful consent." -- Catharine MacKinnon, quoted in Professing Feminism: Cautionary Tales from the Strange World of Women's Studies.

http://www.experienceproject.com/stories/Havent-Lost-My-Virginity/1269918

Last edited: Jan 9, 2018
  15. Clay Pigeon

Clay Pigeon Banned

My, my, my GL...

Very good work in collecting signature quotations.

Heterosexual monogamy is no purely male dominated institution. One observer once noted "In the upper classes it is usually men who are the better people. In the lower classes it is usually the women. From this we can deduce that women are stronger in natural virtues and men are stronger in acquired virtues."

This is not be thought indisputable and the exceptions to this rule are quite numerous on both ends.

But as to extending a generous dispensation to married couples, it is widely held that the state has a compelling interest in stable and prosperous matrimony because of the benefits of this institution to our progeny.

I very strongly endorse this.

• Tinfoil Tinfoil x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  16. guanoloco

guanoloco As-Wased

You'll notice the preponderance of lesbian influence. I don't know if the womyn's (sic) movement has been co-opted by lesbians or not but it has most definitely swung to this extreme viewpoint.

Black Lives Matter was started by three lesbians. This is why, at the beginning, the BLM meetings always started with some sort of LGBQT pledge.

From the people I have known male homosexuals are not, in the main, anti-female but the female homosexuals are very antipathetic to males...as a rule. It's a bell curve.

My contention after significant study and interaction is that homosexuality is pathological in nature and may be anti-self.

There's no way that an individual can be anti-fetus, anti-child, anti-family, anti-parent, anti-male and pro-woman.

Snippets of this sentiment are in this quote:

p. 224: My white skin disgusts me. My passport disgusts me. They are the marks of an insufferable privilege bought at the price of others' agony. - Robin Morgan

17. guanoloco

guanoloco As-Wased

As far as collecting quotes one doesn't need to look far. Like Mein Kampf the intentions of these people are well publicized.

There's either ignorance to what is going on or some sort of fear reaction to this group and material.

I guess, afterall, because people don't wish to be seen as anti-gay, anti-woman or anti-black but to be in opposition to these racist and sexist ideologies is not to be anti-gay, anti-woman or anti-black.

Like I've said before...just because it has approriated the word "feminism" does not mean it is pro-woman.

This stuff is the most toxic cult ideology of hate in the modern world...second only to fundamental Islam...and it's being taught in every bastion of the Western world today.

U.S., Canada, S. Africa, Europe and Australia and it just so happens every one of these areas had an LGBQT woman's resistance march at the very same time.

It is this ideology that has gutted Europe with "multiculturalism" by importing an ideology that has destroyed heterogeneous culture everywhere it has gone.

Enantiodromia.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2018
  18. Clay Pigeon

Clay Pigeon Banned

Reminds me of a revolutionary group that formed in the East Bay in the sixties. Open to anyone opposing Vietnam, racism, capitalism and the mickey mouse club to begin with it was soon decided that white people just didn't know enough of oppression to fight and such were forced out. Then the women decided regardless of race men were just inevitable oppressors and they were dumped and finally the lesbians (who were likely to have been the premier source of division all along) bounced the straight women and the group squawked off into obscurity

19. guanoloco

guanoloco As-Wased

Yeah...well you will notice the big mantra now is "intersectionality". It's the most devisive garbage ever...to the point that pro-life women feminist groups couldn't march in the women's resistance marches.

I've noticed that in the physical sciences whenever things originally conceived as separate have been found to be the same unified thing that tremendous leaps forward in knowledge and understanding have occurred.

Newton's unifying celestial and terrestial motion as one thing, electromagnetism, spacetime, etc.

From this I've deduced that those things that unite things are true and divine and those things that divide are false and Satanic.

So it is with ideologies.

20. Clay Pigeon

Clay Pigeon Banned

Intersectionality?

First I've heard of it.

Does it cost less than OTIII?