Church of Scientology spied on father of Scientology leader David Miscavige

Discussion in 'David Miscavige and Current Management' started by CommunicatorIC, Apr 9, 2015.

View Users: View Users
  1. CommunicatorIC

CommunicatorIC @IndieScieNews on Twitter

Church of Scientology spied on father of Scientology leader David Miscavige.

Los Angeles Times: Scientology head's father was spied on, police report says

http://www.latimes.com/local/california/la-me-scientology-private-eyes-20150409-story.html

* * * * * BEGIN EXCERPT * * * * *

For 18 months private detectives tracked every move made by the father of David Miscavige, leader of the Church of Scientology, as they eavesdropped, spied on his emails and planted a GPS unit on his car, according to police records.

The church paid the two detectives $10,000 a week through an intermediary, the records indicate, all because Miscavige feared that his father would divulge too much about the organization's activities.

* * * * * END EXCERPT * * * * *

EDITED TO ADD:

The surveillance of Ronald Miscavige Sr., a longtime Scientologist who had recently parted ways with the church, was described by Florida private eye Dwayne S. Powell, after he was arrested in July 2013 near Milwaukee with two rifles, four handguns, 2,000 rounds of ammunition and a homemade silencer in his rented SUV.

EDITED AGAIN TO ADD:

Seriously, you have to read the entire article.

Once, while tailing Miscavige on a shopping trip, Powell and his partner watched him grasp his chest and slump over while loading his car. After his arrest, Powell told police he'd thought Miscavige was having a heart attack and might die. He said he phoned his intermediary for instructions.

Two minutes later a man who identified himself as David Miscavige called him back, according to records.

"David told him that if it was Ron's time to die, to let him die and not intervene in any way," the records state, noting that the apparent emergency passed "and nothing further happened."

EDITED AGAIN TO ADD:

Los Angeles Times front page right now:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 9, 2015
  2. Little David

Little David Silver Meritorious Patron

Scientology head's father was spied on, police report says

From The LA Times:

A private eye tells of watching Ronald Miscavige Sr., who had parted ways with the church. David Miscavige and Scientology deny any connection to the investigator.

Los Angeles Times | April 8, 2015 | 5:59 PM

For 18 months private detectives tracked the father of David Miscavige, leader of the Church of Scientology, as they eavesdropped, spied on his emails and planted a GPS unit on his car, according to police records.

The church paid the two detectives $10,000 a week through an intermediary, the records indicate, because Miscavige feared that his father would divulge too much about the organization's activities.

The tracking near Milwaukee, detailed in documents obtained by the Los Angeles Times, is the latest in a decades-long series of allegations that the church has intimidated, harassed or abused current and former members, at times going to great lengths to dissuade them from discussing their experiences or knowledge of the secretive religion.

A church attorney called the private detectives' allegations "blatantly false."

http://www.latimes.com/local/california/la-me-scientology-private-eyes-20150409-story.html#page=1

PS CommunicatorIC beat me by 8 minutes! I've asked for this post to be deleted.

3. jbason

jbason Patron

Nothing too low for "dear leader", to let his dad basically die if that's what was going to happen. I wish his father would speak out! Now that he is aware that he was being followed and is getting older that will give him the incentive to go to the media, maybe. David miscaviages own dad, I think that would give even more incentive to yank the Co$' tax exempt status! I bet that man has some serious stories!

4. tetloj

tetloj Silver Meritorious Patron

Communicator IC brings more delicious cake
    :biggrin:

5. tetloj

Nice guy, Dave :angry:

6. CommunicatorIC

EDITED TO ADD:

http://www.latimes.com/local/california/la-me-scientology-private-eyes-20150409-story.html

The surveillance of Ronald Miscavige Sr., a longtime Scientologist who had recently parted ways with the church, was described by Florida private eye Dwayne S. Powell, after he was arrested in July 2013 near Milwaukee with two rifles, four handguns, 2,000 rounds of ammunition and a homemade silencer in his rented SUV.

7. Churchill

Churchill Gold Meritorious Patron

Well I for one am happy that my tax dollars are subsidizing these wonderful humanitarian surveillance activities.
    Faith based groups like Scientology, Boko Haram, ISIS, and Hamas are so often mis-characterized by a biased and hate-filled media.
    David Miscavige's touching concern for his father's health extended to having someone keep watch over him with a de-fibrilator, NOT a stun gun, as the lying media maliciously and falsely reported.
    No son ever loved his father more...

8. BunnySkull

BunnySkull Silver Meritorious Patron

Re: Scientology head's father was spied on, police report says

HOLY SHIT!!!!!!

Also, not surprised at all that DM was a-okay with this guy watching his father die alone in his car and not raise a finger.

also, HOLY SHIT!!!!!!

This story is dynamite, esp on the heels of Going Clear. Rifles, handguns, 2000 rounds of ammunition, HOMEMADE SILENCER!! The head of the CoS paying $10,000 a week to stalk his elderly father, but really the thing that will makes this huge is the fact that when the PI saw DM Sr. clutch his chest and appear in distress (PI thought a heart attack) and called DM for instructions, DM told the PI to do NOTHING, that if it was his time to die it was his time to die. I don't anything demonstrates the evilness of DM quite like him instructing a man to give no aid to his own father who was possibly dying alone in a parking lot. Wow. wow. wow. This is incredible, good going LA TIMES!!

9. CommunicatorIC

EDITED AGAIN TO ADD:

Seriously, you have to read the entire article.

Once, while tailing Miscavige on a shopping trip, Powell and his partner watched him grasp his chest and slump over while loading his car. After his arrest, Powell told police he'd thought Miscavige was having a heart attack and might die. He said he phoned his intermediary for instructions.

Two minutes later a man who identified himself as David Miscavige called him back, according to records.

"David told him that if it was Ron's time to die, to let him die and not intervene in any way," the records state, noting that the apparent emergency passed "and nothing further happened."

10. tetloj

11. JBWriter

JBWriter Happy Sapien

Excerpts from the LA Times article linked in the OP (my bold below):

And now, in 2015, Dwayne Powell no longer works as a private investigator or for Co$...and he declined further comment to the LA Times. :coolwink:

Hertzberg, Soter, & Roffler's comments are hilarious! :lol:

This is my new favorite article to have been published since Going Clear premiered. :clap::yes::clap:

JB

12. tetloj

That Hertzberg quote is a doozy

It reminds me of Vicki Pollard from Little Britain - 'He never saw nobody or nuthin'

13. lotus

lotus autonomous rebellous

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. JBWriter

JBWriter Happy Sapien

"David Miscavige does not know Ron Miscavige, Becky Miscavige, Dwayne Powell, Daniel Powell, Texas, or me." - Michael Lee Hertzberg

15. imSPecial

imSPecial Patron with Honors

Yessssss!

16. tetloj

17. CommunicatorIC

Tony Ortega has a post up on this.

‘Let him die': Scientology leader David Miscavige had private eyes watching his father, say police

http://tonyortega.org/2015/04/08/le...-private-eyes-watching-his-father-say-police/

Scientology denies that Powell was working for Miscavige, but that’s a clever dodge. As Mike Rinder has explained to us in the past, Scientology PIs are hired by attorneys who work for the church so they can say they don’t work directly for Scientology.

We’re working to have much more on this story for you in the morning.

18. HelluvaHoax!

HelluvaHoax! Gold Meritorious Sponsor

A must-read expose on COB sadism, over at Tony's UNDERGROUND BUNKER.

This breaking story falls under the category of: "Just when you thought the cult's public relations could not possibly get any worse....."

What could Miscavige possibly do to top that? Sipping scotch and laughing demonically while he tortures kittens on YouTube?

19. WildKat

WildKat Gold Meritorious Patron

This is HUGE!
    Where's the popcorn??
    THERE it is! :drama:

20. JBWriter

JBWriter Happy Sapien

Drudge Rpt, Gawker, Ortega/Underground Bunker, and at least 40 news feeder Twitter accounts are already tweeting this story.

See the Twitter timeline for - scientology - here: https://twitter.com/search?q=scientology&src=tyah

So. Much. Fun.

JB