What's new

Clearwater Police Investigating Scientology Over Child Sex Abuse Allegations

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
As reported in The Sun:

ABUSE CLAIMS Cops probe Scientology over ‘child sex abuse’ allegations which former member says were covered up by senior figures in the church
Police in Florida have launched an investigation after they were contacted by a former Sea Org member who claims he was subject to years of abuse as a young teen

POLICE have launched an investigation into the Church of Scientology following allegations of child sex abuse within the controversial religion.

The accuser, aged 40, alleges he was subjected to harrowing sexual abuse multiple times from the age of 12 in a legal declaration given to Clearwater Police Department - and seen by Sun Online.

The former member of the Sea Org - Scientology’s clergy - describes how he was allegedly abused by a total of seven senior Scientology figures on numerous occasions between the ages of 12 and 18, in the document.

According to the alleged victim, he told more senior members of the organisation, but he claims allegations were not reported to the authorities.

The first incident of abuse was allegedly committed by a Sea Org “recruiter” in his 30s who allegedly sat the accuser, then age 12, on his knee before he began to molest him, he says in the papers.

<snip>
Full Article: https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/83525...hild-sex-abuse-covered-senior-figures-church/

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
Tony Ortega commented on his blog this morning:

"We had heard this story was coming, and we’re surprised by a couple of things. First, that the 40-year-old accuser is not named, since he’s been named in other stories, including a couple here at the Bunker. And second, that the Clearwater Police Department is actually trying to get its hands on Scientology files. We know how difficult that is, and Leah Remini has demonstrated how little effort the Clearwater PD has put into tangling with the church in recent years.

We hope it’s true that the Clearwater police are taking this seriously. If they would demand files from the church, they would probably find a lot more problems than the 25-year-old allegations of one man."

Karen#1

Gold Meritorious Patron
#Scientology #Cult #Religion #ScientologytheAftermath

The Scn CULT has gotten away witha 40 year crime wave.
Hurray for the media callling it out.
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/83525...hild-sex-abuse-covered-senior-figures-church/
Lots more sex, molestations and pedophelia stories within the cult of SCN to follow !

The SUN is the biggest newspaper in Great Britain 1.4 million views a Day
https://newscommercial.co.uk/brands/the-sun

More facts about the SUN
https://newscommercial.co.uk/brands/the-sun

Leland

Crusader
Agree the Cult of Scientology will fight to the death on this.....auditing folders...

But what about Ethics Folders?

Anyway....what if the Accuser, age 40 can name names.

I would think that the Clearwater Police would interview a named person...in person. No auditing files needed.

I would think that the Clearwater Police would request addresses and whereabouts of these named persons also...or could find them without any help....?

Certainly the cult will fight any and all investigations....no matter what.

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
25 years ago? Isn't there a statute of limitations on child abuse?
Here's some info I copy/pasted from the website of a Florida law firm:

What is the Statute of Limitation for Sexual Abuse in Florida?
Generally in Florida, many causes of action must be brought within a four-year statute of limitations period. However, in 2010, the Legislature removed the four-year statute of limitations in the cases of where the sex abuse occurred in minors younger than 16 years of age. The reasoning is that it is in society’s best interest to protect children from sexual abuse and to ensure that offenders are caught, no matter if the abuse occurred months ago, or years.

Statute of Limitations in Cases of Institutional Sexual Abuse
In an article published by the Florida Bar Journal, the writer reviews the changes in the statute of limitations law with regards to institutional childhood sex abuse. “Institutional” refers to causes of action where the defendant is an employer who hired someone who is known to them (or should have known) as having dangerous propensities and did nothing to protect the plaintiff from this abuse. Situations like this could refer to patients who are held in a mental institute or hospital who are abused by a caretaker, or children in a school with a teacher who has a record of abuse.

More information on their page, including info on how victims have gotten around any statute of limitations here as well:
https://www.kevinkuliklaw.com/statute-of-limitations-for-childhood-sexual-abuse-in-florida/

And here is chapter 827 of the Florida Statutes regarding the abuse of children: (but the info above is much more relevant to the question you asked)
http://www.leg.state.fl.us/Statutes/index.cfm?App_mode=Display_Statute&URL=0800-0899/0827/0827.html

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
Extracted from this link you provided, here is part of the section as concerns criminal SOL (statute of limitations) for Florida:

No SOL for Serious Sexual Crimes and Some Felonies Committed Against Minors; 4 or 3 Years for Other Felonies; 2 for Most Misdemeanors : Capital and life felonies may be prosecuted at any time, as may any first degree felonious sexual battery committed against a victim less than 18 years old.

Bad news for CoS who routinely covers up criminal activity of their members in good standing.

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
I just watched this video and Aaron mentions towards the beginning of the video that the Clearwater Police currently are investigating two cases of child sex abuse allegations!

ILove2Lurk

Lisbeth Salander
. . .
Lest we forget, there's already a precedent for Scientology in Clearwater.

Amanda Ambrose's son Donald Anthony Strawn
"A Scientologist by the name of Donald Anthony Strawn, also known as Tony Strawn, was convicted in 1995 to thirty years in prison for sexually molesting two girls, ages 11 and 13. The children were in his custodial care at the time. Scientology directed (under threat of expulsion) that the mother not report the incident to the proper authorities, because the church could "handle" his "aberration"."

Top row far right:

R-1313591-1470036325-7174.jpeg.jpg

Last edited:

Karen#1

Gold Meritorious Patron
So this it.

I have to acknowledge OSA INT and El Chapo for the hate pages on me and Jeff.
You have no idea how it stimulates me to go the extra mile.

Here is a product I recently instigated. I connected up Serge to the SUN.
The SUN is more widely read than Daily Mail.

1.6 million reads a day !
I will ALWAYS ALWAYS hit back harder than I can be hit, got it OSA ?

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/83798...mps-paedophiles-quiz-adults-sick-perversions/

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
So this it.

I have to acknowledge OSA INT and El Chapo for the hate pages on me and Jeff.
You have no idea how it stimulates me to go the extra mile.

Here is a product I recently instigated. I connected up Serge to the SUN.
The SUN is more widely read than Daily Mail.
1.6 million reads a day !
I will ALWAYS ALWAYS hit back harder than I can be hit, got it OSA ?

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/83798...mps-paedophiles-quiz-adults-sick-perversions/
I suspect that any other organization in this sector of the galaxy would come to the realization that they create their own enemies and maybe change their behavior.

Not the Co$ though. :no:

They've fired off some nuclear-tipped foot-bullets that are about to hit them hard.

Last edited:

Leland

Crusader
"I have a very bad masturbatory history. I was taught when I was 11 and, despite guilt, fear of insanity, etc. etc. I persisted."
--L. Ron Hubbard, flounder of the 'Church' Of Scientology

Who taught him?

Edited: I wondered about the guy that Hubbard talks about in his childhood. IIRC...LRH said his nickname was "Snake Thompson..."

Last edited:

Leland

Crusader
Hi Lotus....Yes! I just remembered that guy. LOL

Didn't mean to edit my post as you were making your post....sorry.

lotus

stubborn rebel sheep!
Jeez...finally one who will spill the beans to tje authorities!
Well done!

We know it's only the peak of the iceberg and hopefully it will open up to a full investigation on paedophilia and child abuses as a behavioral pattern that set in decades ago.

Karen, I wish this former SO is supported in all ways and not let alone to face the cult ...he will needs constant help to go forward.
Hopefully, justice brought in( under medias and public scrutinity watch) may bring some comfort for those who can't speak and those who are gone!

Last edited: