CLO EUS from 1998-2002

Discussion in 'Reconnecting with Old Friends' started by ILived1984!, Sep 5, 2009.

View Users: View Users
  1. ILived1984!

ILived1984! Patron with Honors

Hello, I was looking for anyone who was at CLO EUS from late 1998 to mid 2002. I was there with a few different posts in that time period.

2. EP - Ethics Particle

EP - Ethics Particle Gold Meritorious Patron

A thought...

You might want to read "flagtrained's" posts and drop her a PM - as I recall she was "offloaded" from CLO EUS just recently.

EP

3. ILived1984!

Thanks EP. I sent them a PM a while ago to no avail. :confused2:

Oh well. Anyone else out there?

4. Telepathetic

Telepathetic Gold Meritorious Patron

The last time I was there was 1986 before the renovations. The place was a disaster area.

Did you ever meet Pedro Basio or Kerry (Goldsten?)?

5. Operating Wog

Operating Wog Patron with Honors

i visited there plenty of times in that period.

6. Dulloldfart

Dulloldfart Squirrel Extraordinaire

Bossio. He was at FB in the early 90s.

Paul

7. Telepathetic

I heard that he has since left the SO.

He was a cool guy...when he wasn't being a missionair!:D

TP

8. Type4_PTS

Type4_PTS Diamond Invictus SP

I was at CLO EUS for a couple times around 1985-86 but just for about a week. Also I worked with Cary Goulston for 6-7 years at Boston Org before he was the CO SMI EUS. Heard he got declared SP when he blew in the mid to late 90's but then did his A to E and came back.

9. ILived1984!

Thanks for the names.:) Unfortunately I don't know anyone before late 1998:no:

10. ILived1984!

Were you a class V Staffer? I was in Snr HCO for most of that time period.

11. mate

mate Patron Meritorious

Hi Telepathetic and Type4 PTS. I was at the CLO EUS 1985 and early 1986. I was Cont Snr C/S. I think Bossio is spelt with two "S's". Pedro was then married to Diane Kettering. I worked with Diane to get her to the FSO as TTC for auditor training. I don't know what then happened to her, but eventually she became QEI and probably the last QEI, and I think she is in the SP Hall. Tommy Gustafasson (spelling?) was Cont Commander and subsequently promoted to Captain CCInt.

Regards, David.

12. Telepathetic

Hey Mate,

I think you're right, it's with two "S's."

If you were there during that time as the Cont Snr C/S we might have met.

I was a regular at the CLO. Nice accommodations:coolwink:

TP

13. Dulloldfart

Dulloldfart Squirrel Extraordinaire

She was at FB for a few years, early 90s. She was Tech Aide, or something like that. I liked her as a student when I sup'd her, in that she was real. I heard later (here) she was a hard-ass bitch as an exec, but I didn't see that side of her.

Paul

14. Type4_PTS

Type4_PTS Diamond Invictus SP

Hi David, I don't think I got to meet you back then.........but nice to meet you now! I was there at the CLO for about a week or so just before Christmas I believe in 85 (but I could be off by a year). I was Boston staff but was brought up there to do what was called the "Festive Season" Program. Apparently the stats would crash every year in the EUS around Christmas when public would go off to do other things and this program was designed to prevent that from happening. I don't recall the name of the Cont Commander, I was working right outside his office, but I believe he just came over very recently from EU, and had some kind of EU accent. Could that have been Tommy G? Or someone else?

When I was up there Joanie Gambino (who came from Boston) and a few others tried to recruit me for the Sea Org to work there at the CLO. One of my objections had been that If/when I joined I wanted to be at Flag. Although I hadn't been there yet to that point I had a concept in my head of how I thought it to be. One of them tried to say something to the effect that the CLO in NY was a better environment to work in than at Flag. It didn't make any sense to me at all. But I did eventually join the SO in Clearwater with the SMI INT Expansion Office.........and I did eventually see what they were talking about! Well, I don't really know if it's what they were talking about or not, but just the scene I came accross (1988-89) seemed pretty insane management wise with what I observed.

15. Operating Wog

Operating Wog Patron with Honors

I spent plenty of time at the CLO throughout the 80's and 90's. When I first started out, Pedro was the CO's MAA. When you went to CLO for Athena Cramming, you would inevitably pass through ethics. Pedro would interview you, and no matter what came up, you'd have to write O/Ws for a few days, then do lower conditions, then onto your cram. The ethics room was a cramped office where up to a dozen people would be writing O/Ws or conditions formulas. In the 80's you could smoke there, so there was a permanant cloud in there. Your liability ammends generally consisted of mest work, helping in the OIC on thursday, and getting coffee or doing other errands for any SO member who asked. The Athena Cram line / ethics line was like a free labor pool.

My favorite interview with Pedro went like this:

"Pick up the cans please. Thank you.
    Squeeze the cans. Thank you.
    Take a deep breath, hold it for a moment, and let it out. Thank you.
    I'm not auditing you.
    WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON WITH YOU???"

:)

Diane was the Tech Sec for CCNY. Joined the SO mid 80's. I think she was already married to Pedro. She was a model before that. A cover girl for womans magazines etc. Held various posts at CLO, dumped Pedro and went on up lines. Yes, she was a hard assed bitch when she wanted to be. So was Pedro in the early days. Seemed to mellow out more later.

I have lots of fun stories from my many "vacations" to NY.

16. Telepathetic

Those were indeed "interesting times!":D

TP

17. csshelton70

csshelton70 New Member

I was there towards the middle to end of 1989. I was recruited to eventually be in the CMO. I was only there a few months and it's been quite a few years so there are only a few names that I remember.
    Would be interested to know if we remember each other.

18. AnonyMary

AnonyMary Formerly Fooled - Finally Free

FlagTrained left of her own volition, according to her husband.

19. White Rabbit

White Rabbit Patron

I was on staff at CLO EUS for a short time right around 2000. I'm not officially out of the church, and I don't want to risk a declare, so I have to be careful about my identity.

I ran into Jill Spyrka a few years later, and she seems to be doing well. I haven't run into anyone else. I searched for Ben Davis, but it seems he's still on staff. I read about the lady from CMO who left the church and spoke to the media, but I've been reluctant to reach out to her as she never seemed particularly friendly back in the day. I'm also curious about what happened to Ellie from Philadelphia - she was a really nice lady.

I'm trying to recall the HCO staff from back then... I remember a really young blonde fellow who wore a security uniform, and I think there was a slightly older blonde fellow. It was so long ago, my memories are fuzzy.

Anyway, it would be a huge relief to talk to someone who was there. I've been carrying those memories around for a long time. I'm new to this site, so I can't PM, but feel free to send me a PM.

Best,
    White Rabbit

20. Mest Lover

Mest Lover Not Sea Org Qualified

I was at CLO EUS from August 1988 to February 7, 1991.