Commodores Messenger Book I by Janis Gillham Grady

Discussion in 'Breaking and Major News about Scientology' started by janisgrady, Jul 1, 2017.

View Users: View Users
  1. Gib

Gib Crusader

what was it Ron said, something like your post in an org is not just a job but a crusade. I fell for that line. :melodramatic:

2. HelluvaHoax!

HelluvaHoax! Gold Meritorious Sponsor

:hysterical:

WARNING TO ALL SEA ORG MEMBERS ATTENDING GALA EVENTS (ON THIS PLANET)!!

If a dinky-billion-year-being dares steal the food of a super-upstat, bigger-billionaire-being, you're going down! Down the conditions--to Treason--for betraying Ron and mankind on this planet.

Because you don't have the rank to eat the special, VIP power food being flowed to COB, Whales & Movie Stars!

I didn't make this up. It's senior LRH finance policy. Here is a excerpt from HCO Policy Letter "The Big-Being-Bean Theory of Finance":

Them big ole beings, they got the bucks,
    Never treat 'em like a bunch o'schmucks
    So always spring for Peking ducks.

Them itsy-bitsy low-have beings,
    It's best to cook-em cheap crappy things
    They won't dare natter 'bout rice and beans.

3. programmer_guy

programmer_guy True Ex-Scientologist

In addition, I think the locals witnessed overboardings and the word spread. (Just one more item to add to the list.)

4. HelluvaHoax!

:clapping:

Yeah, it sure was a crusade--by cult slaves making 5 cents an hour to help billionaires like Hubbard, Miscavige and Cruise.

example
    :

Billion-year-contracted, sleep-deprived, destitute Sea Org members spending several years coming to the aid of mega-rich, movie star messiah Tom Cruise--by building him customized vans, motorcycles and lavishly appointed airplane hangers, for free!

It really helped Mr. Cruise--that why they call it a cruise-aid. ​

Last edited: Jul 30, 2017
  5. Veda

Veda Sponsor

[​IMG]

Well, the sometimes tacky derail seems to have ended - or maybe not.

Hopefully we'll hear from Janis again.

She might have found the tacky derail to have been amusing, even therapeutic. Who knows?

In any event, and I may be making too much of this, as this was an off the cuff remark during an interview.

To quote:

"...He was just another person who had high hopes of doing something to help the world..."​

Forgive me, but this is extremely naive, and is already being used by those who want to present Hubbard as a nice guy, with a bad temper, and wanted to make the world a better place, but became a little too carried away at times - such was the intensity of his love for Mankind, etc.

I find the more I read/listen to Janis, the more sense she makes. Suggest taking everything she says or writes in context and as a totality.

IIRC, Janis was a servant for Hubbard for 11 years from age 11 to age 22.

IMO, she's still sorting out what happened to her.

So far she's doing a great job.

6. HelluvaHoax!

I wouldn't describe it as "tacky". I'd pick adjectives like "fun" and "entertaining".

From experience, without those qualities even the most informative threads quickly go "anaten" and/or "dormant". This is a scientific fact, which you can confirm with an e-meter. (entropy meter).

But, hey, if Janis would prefer a focused discussion, everyone here would certainly respect that and cease all this insufferable J&D, lol. Seriously, there are tons of other threads to goof around on, so whatever the book's author (and this thread's originator) likes, it's cool with me.

7. I told you I was trouble

I told you I was trouble Suspended animation

I doubt if ESMB would still be here if we were not allowed to laugh and occasionally go slightly off topic (well, I wouldn't have joined in the first place) and it rarely happens early in a thread.

Based on some of the comments made I think I'll be buying this book ... it sounds well worth reading.

:yes:

8. Gib

Gib Crusader

not only was it a crusade, why the work (scientology and hubbard's [STRIKE]discoveries[/STRIKE] inventions) was free so keep it so. :melodramatic:

Little did we know from the get go, we was pawns or experiment or guinea pigs.

9. Gib

Gib Crusader

I think Janis is just telling her story from the viewpoint she had during the time, or in other words her thoughts at the time.

I don't think she is sorting it out, I think she has already done so.

LRH was just a man and when she encountered people on her vacation who were in awe of LRH she couldn't understand why since she was with the man for so many years and she wasn't in awe of LRH but yet others were.

10. Free Being Me

Free Being Me Crusader

[​IMG]

:giggle: :clapping:

11. ILove2Lurk

ILove2Lurk Lisbeth Salander

Sorry I posted this quote from the interview, as it offended some people's realities.

I was only trying to point people to a real good interview and not get people riled up and
    writing screeds about Janis' opinions and observations. I'd like to hear more of them,
    whether I see it her way or not.

As a writer myself, in a former iteration of myself, I never liked to take my work around
    a place where it was gonna be picked apart pretty hard right off the bat.

Let's let Janis "have the stage" for now and tell her story and reveal her "take," as Face
    would say. Let her "add her tiles to the mosaic," again, as Face would say.

(I'm plagiarizing Face now!) :hysterical:

I'm OK with all that. I won't be writing any screeds if I don't see it her way.

She's put in a helluva lot of hours into her work . . . and her heart and soul.

12. Free Being Me

Free Being Me Crusader

No worries, I'm looking forward to ordering her book next month. :yes:

13. Mimsey Borogrove

Mimsey Borogrove Crusader

I have no beef with you, and, in fact reading your post whetted my interest in listening to her interviews and lead to my purchasing her book.
    If you were dissed, please ignore them. Hubbard was as complicated as any of us, and people like Janis who knew the man close up and personal are few and far between, and we need them to speak out and share their observations, good or bad.

So, personally, I applaud your post. Don't be sorry. You did the right thing.
    Mimsey

14. janisgrady

janisgrady Patron

Hubbard wrote the Data Series in his own handwriting with a green pen for policy.

15. janisgrady

janisgrady Patron

Thanks Len for the great review - glad you liked it. I've been hearing from others that they can't put it down, if you read it this fast, then I assume you too didn 't want to put it down.

16. janisgrady

janisgrady Patron

Hi Terril - sometimes good opportunities get missed! I hope you enjoy the book.

17. janisgrady

janisgrady Patron

Thank you - no offense taken - its all in fun. I am enjoying seeing all the wonderful comments and excitement it is generating.

18. janisgrady

janisgrady Patron

Thanks Veda. There is a process to peeling an onion.

19. janisgrady

janisgrady Patron

Agreed - thanks.

20. janisgrady

janisgrady Patron

Thank you. I tried to write the book from my view as a child and at the time things happened. Not my view as someone who left 26 years ago and has not stepped foot in a Scientology organization since. I tried to keep my opinion then and now out of it and just tell the story so each reader could form their own opinion on what happened. There are so many views out there from one extreme to another that I could never satisfied both sides with my inside feelings and opinions so I thought best, just tell what happened. If the reader finds his own answers in that, then I have helped them no matter what their opinion is.