What's new

Congratulations OSA (for now)

Emma

Con te partirò
Administrator
OSA plays a numbers game. Just like a fisherman puts out line after line of baited hooks, OSA do the same with their various operations. And just like a fisherman, most of these lines they cast out don't work. The bait falls off the hook or the fish are too smart, but every now and then, they succeed in catching a fish.

Recently we saw *actual* programs written to discredit Tory Christman & Chuck Beatty. While it was very satisfying (yet horrifying) to read these and get something concrete, really it was no surprise to many to see that there were real live programs in existence. We've known all along.

Part of the value of seeing these programs was not only the relief to have certain suspicions confirmed, but it really showed the depths of the depravity that these guys have sunk to. Another valuable bit of information was the confirmation of Barbara Schwarz as a patsy (willing or unwilling - I'm not sure) but it was clear that she has been used as an OSA tool all along. It was also made clear that OSA will use its own blogs & sites to assist these DA operations on certain individuals. Religious Freedom watch is a prime example of this. But there are others.

Marty Rathbun Blog is one example of these other blogs. Note - this is NOT Marty Rathbuns actual Blog. This is a blog to DA Marty and his associates including Claire Headley, Mark Headley, Haydn James, Jason Beghe, Mike Laws, Matt Argall, Mareka Johnson, Mike Rinder, Samantha Domingo, Silvia Kusada and John Brousseau, Tiziano Lugli, Jonathan Burke etc. It also Black PRs Tom Tobin and Joe Childs from the SP Times (who are placed in a category called "Anonymous Cyber terrorists", and pretty much anyone it considers dangerous.

Barbara Schwartz's blog is another. Obviously Marty (the "fake" Marty or "Mosey's Husband" as she likes to call him) Rathbun & Mike Rinder are the main targets of her blog. Honorable mentions on Bab's blog include Myself, Tory, Chuck, Martin Ottman, Jeff Hawkins, Steve Hall, Claire Headley, Tiny Dancer (mod on WWP who was herself a victim of an OSA style operation a few months ago with the faked IP addresses from Marty's blog incident), Michael Pattinson etc. The list goes on.

You could almost make a list of OSA's "most wanted" from these three sites alone.

The DA on Mike Laws started about 3 months ago (from what I can gather). This DA includes information about Mike Laws being still "highly connected" to the Church and being the financial funding behind Marty Rathbun. This in itself is nonsensical unless you buy into the theory that Marty is on a church Op. It also said that Laws was wealthy before he left the Sea Org and that this "Plan" was being put into operation a long time ago. I'm not sure how anyone can be wealthy upon leaving the Sea Org. This tin foil theory says a lot of things that, if thought about, are logically impossible.

I have proof that this DA on Laws has come from the very highest level of OSA and has been passed along to a few Free Zoners who took it on board and ran with it, passing along their "knowledge" by backchannel means causing alarm amongst people.

Here are some examples of communications I've received recently, unsolicited, from the person determined to forward this DA:

With his OSA mindset, Rathbun is seeking to eliminate negative PR on the internet so that those who are more susceptible won't be innoculated against his pitch through looking up what's being said by others. Marty polices his own site and allows no questioning or criticism of himself, just like the CoS, not coincidentally. He's sent out Karen and Mike to create the same teflon climate for himself on ESMB. Marty has been invited to dialog all over the internet, but only engages where he is free of critical and neutral examination, and refuses to answer almost all questions. There's no reason to grant him such special privilidges on ESMB.

This new policy on being partial to "newbies" is tailor made to be taken advantage of by Mike Laws and Marty. Marty SHOULD be made to answer the hard questions if he's going to enter a venue to promote himself, and so should anyone else who is promoting him.

Mike Laws is painting himself as a sympathetic character who was victimized as a teenager in the Sea Org, and supposedly at some point a homeless person, and suffering through having a pet suffer a stroke, when in reality he has GIVEN people strokes, and has been very much an intimidating, threatening bully to people over the past 20 years, Knowing what I know, its sickening to see him so obviously saying things to have people feel sympathy for him. Totally a phony, a complete smokescreen. The worst thing to do is to let his PR self-reinvention stand unquestioned.

Emma, your vulnerability since your arrest has been seized on, and now you have been leveraged to comply with Marty's advance team to pave the road for him to neutralize ESMB as his biggest base of critics. You've done exactly as was planned in this OSA-style operation. You were destabilized by a legal attack, and now you have ordered (after having announced that you were turning over your administrator duties) that nobody is to speak harshly toward "newbies", which Marty can now safely become. How hard do you really think it could have been for Mike Laws to help plant the information that got you arrested? You do know Marty ran OSA, right?

Marty has an agenda, and Mike and Karen are his "advance men". Their assignment is to clear the road for him so he can run his campaign. And if he's successful enough, more people will eventually suffer more of the abuses that made ESMB such a necessary haven for so many.

What I find incredibly insulting about these "messages" is that they give ESMBers or critics in general no credit for any intelligence at all. It is presumed that we will all just *forget* history, we will *forget* all the questions we've wanted to ask Marty Rathbun. We will just welcome Marty onto ESMB and not feel like we can ask him anything uncomfortable. All because I asked for a little leeway for newbies. I'm still struggling to come to terms with the level of stupidity of this presumption. Also Marty Rathbun is as likely to land on ESMB as I'm likely to ever pick up the cans again. It aint happening.

If these are examples of the type of messages that have been passed along to other ESMBers on the back channel then the sensationalised events of the last few days are no longer a mystery to me.

But I made a mistake - a big mistake it seems.

There were two issues:

1. The FZ activists actively DAing a known and valuable critic
2. The lack of sensitivity to newbies out of Scientology.

Instead of handling each of these issues separately, they kind of got merged together and it went spiraling out of control. That was the mistake.

Had I taken the DA on Mike Laws more seriously and done the subsequent investigations I have done BEFORE the request was made to be a bit more gentle on newbies, I never would have done it. I would have seen the link more clearly and known the result would have been a disaster. I knew there was a link but I had no idea how deep the DA had gone.

So it seems to OSA right now that they have had a victory. A bigger victory than they had planned I'd imagine. If their goal was to discredit Mike Laws in people's minds then I guess they have succeeded to some degree. If they wanted to cause me hours of stress & duress then I guess they succeeded there too. They must be gleefully rubbing their hands together as they read the postmortems on Facebook where is is happily foretold that we are "tearing each other apart" and bets are being taken on "who will be next to go" etc.

But guess what OSA - You have succeeded in nothing important. You wanna know why?

When the bans are lifted on ESMB these folks may or may not come back but they will NEVER STOP SPEAKING OUT ABOUT YOUR ABUSES. They can go elsewhere if they want to (OCMB, WWP, Facebook etc). They can start blogs and sites of their own. They will still protest both physically and in writing the abuses you perpetuate on our fellow human beings on a daily basis.

Some folks might hate me right now, but they will always hate OSA more. They will always hate your human rights abuses more than anything I could ever do.

So while I'm sad and distressed at the moment about how things have turned out, it's a personal loss, not a loss in the game. You haven't changed anything. You've just made people angrier.

And for those who perpetuate this back channel DAing of ANYONE, check your sources first. Then check the facts because some of these theories have holes in them big enough to drive a truck through if you take a step back & really look at it.

Dilettante

Patron Meritorious
Scooooooooooooore

Victory is yours Emma :fencing: OSA has chosen a formidable opponent. Can I have your autograph? Seriuosly though you have my admiration. :clap:
Dil

Last edited:

scooter

Gold Meritorious Patron

Both were put up on Rathbun's blog recently, looking very much like original programs.

Source I'd personally say is either Rinder or JB.

Both Chuck and Tory have confirmed their accuracy as what was run on them.

Back to the OP - I totally agree with you, Emma.

It's been a rare victory for those in the cult corner, and they'll be savouring it as much as possible.

And, knowing how little they can use their (increasingly stifled) thinking skills, they'll clone it for the next however long they survive and run the same op.s against us over and over again.

It's a skirmish that they won, while the war is going horribly wrong for them.

And, deep down, even they know they're doomed.:yes:

AlphOhm

Traveler of time/space
I'm not seeing any "OSA victory" at all. Minor annoyance, not unlike a prank phone call from some bored kids.

I'm not even sure OSA crafted that DA doc, could've been a troll.

Magoo

Gold Meritorious Patron
Sent to Emma:
"Marty has an agenda, and Mike and Karen are his "advance men". Their assignment is to clear the road for him so he can run his campaign. And if he's successful enough, more people will eventually suffer more of the abuses that made ESMB such a necessary haven for so many".

:confused2: Whatever!

I remember Y E A R S of living through similar crap.

If I sat down and wrote out ALLLL of the hidden people and supposed "Posts" I, Tory, was supposed to be---it would literally
take pages and pages.

From before I even woke up, critics told me: "Magoo::: As soon as you wake up, we'll be here to catch you". (June/July: 2000)

Ok, so I finally wake up (thanks to Andreas) and post:
"Magoo Left the Building" (July 18th, 2000)
and what happened then? Nearly ALLLLLLLLLLLL of the same people who'd said they would "Catch" me, absolutely, with 100% certainty, turned against me.

These weren't "All OSA"---by any means. Most were never even "in". But they were "absolutely positive" Andreas should NOT talk to me, as "She must be an OSA Op".

So I say, chill out----and use the old Chinese saying:
"Watch where the FEET go" (or on the Net:
"Watch where the KEYS go" :yes:

Listen, learn, talk, share. Have a great week-end,
one and all :rose:

And to the person who just told me you took the leap
after reading my sig (and no doubt other stuff)---congratulations to you!!!:clap::clap:

Tory/Magoo

Last edited:

dexter gelfand

Patron Meritorious
Welcome to the new Marty Message Board

I am very grateful for the stay I've had on ESMB, and the fact of this environment having been turned into something I cannot lend my personal support to is, for myself, timely, as I have some good things going on that I will need to put more time into in order to maintain and further develop them. Many ESMB'rs (and some who, at least for the moment, are ex-Ex-Scientologist Message Board Members:)) have already connected with me through Facebook and email. I never thought I would come to be so fond in particular who have a rather brutal opinion of Scientology, but I have, getting to know these folks has been a revelation for me, to not be so close-minded and 1-dimensional about "who is and isn't ok". Thank you for that, my friends:happydance:

OK, so let's get to it-

The following quotes from Emma's OP are mine:

With his OSA mindset, Rathbun is seeking to eliminate negative PR on the internet so that those who are more susceptible won't be innoculated against his pitch through looking up what's being said by others. Marty polices his own site and allows no questioning or criticism of himself, just like the CoS, not coincidentally. He's sent out Karen and Mike to create the same teflon climate for himself on ESMB. Marty has been invited to dialog all over the internet, but only engages where he is free of critical and neutral examination, and refuses to answer almost all questions. There's no reason to grant him such special privilidges on ESMB.
Quote:
This new policy on being partial to "newbies" is tailor made to be taken advantage of by Mike Laws and Marty. Marty SHOULD be made to answer the hard questions if he's going to enter a venue to promote himself, and so should anyone else who is promoting him.
Quote:
Mike Laws is painting himself as a sympathetic character who was victimized as a teenager in the Sea Org, and supposedly at some point a homeless person, and suffering through having a pet suffer a stroke, when in reality he has GIVEN people strokes, and has been very much an intimidating, threatening bully to people over the past 20 years, Knowing what I know, its sickening to see him so obviously saying things to have people feel sympathy for him. Totally a phony, a complete smokescreen. The worst thing to do is to let his PR self-reinvention stand unquestioned.
Quote:
Emma, your vulnerability since your arrest has been seized on, and now you have been leveraged to comply with Marty's advance team to pave the road for him to neutralize ESMB as his biggest base of critics. You've done exactly as was planned in this OSA-style operation. You were destabilized by a legal attack, and now you have ordered (after having announced that you were turning over your administrator duties) that nobody is to speak harshly toward "newbies", which Marty can now safely become. How hard do you really think it could have been for Mike Laws to help plant the information that got you arrested? You do know Marty ran OSA, right?
Quote:
Marty has an agenda, and Mike and Karen are his "advance men". Their assignment is to clear the road for him so he can run his campaign. And if he's successful enough, more people will eventually suffer more of the abuses that made ESMB such a necessary haven for so many.

LOL! I didn't realize it at first, but ALL the quotes Emma refers to are mine!

Well, the point is, I stand by those words. I have been very quiet for years about Marty and his "posse", because although his motives are another matter, I love what he's been doing to expose the abuses of David Miscavige. I can't ignore the fact of his protecting the CoS at the same time, doing his best to obstruct the Australian Inquiry, and posting on his blog how Miscavige's crimes are violations of the Policies of the CoS- in other words, "CoS good, DM bad". I don't wish any personal harm to Marty, or any of his sycophants and/or supporters, I just don't want to see Marty ever gain the opportunity to again do as he had done for many years as a top-ranking OSA and COS exec to others.

I do have a certain amount of credibility and good reputation in certain Scientology-related circles, and it is a point of honor and integrity for me that my name is not in a position to be associated with that squad. That is why when, spaced a week apart I received Facebook "friend requests" from Mike Rinder, Mike Laws and Marty's proclaimed "homie", Jason Beghe, I ignored them. Its not that I'd like to offend or insult these people, but I don't want my name showing on their "friends" lists, and thus possibly lend their efforts any credibility. And being that Emma, you now appear to be going out of your way to, as owner and opinion leader of ESMB, pronounce these people as good and acceptable, and thus now making ESMB a supportive environment for them, I cannot in good conscience send the message that my continued involvement could convey.

To support Marty's regime is to support the CoS, and thus OSA, and the tactics and purposes thereof. "Congratulations OSA", indeed.

Everyone knows how to reach me. I never hid behind a pseudonym, I've posted my picture as my avatar, you know where to find me.

Love to all,
Dex

Emma

Con te partirò
Administrator
Dexter, thank you for admitting to your part in this OSA op.

I have two questions for you before you go.

1. Could you please explain why exposing your DA of Mike Laws means I'm "going out of your way to, as owner and opinion leader of ESMB, pronounce these people as good and acceptable, and thus now making ESMB a supportive environment for them".

2. You were very angry and hurt at my "I have a new opinion about Free Zoners" thread but you didn't leave then. Was this some kind of a revenge thing?

It's my understanding you have just done a radio interview with Rathbuns major trenchman???

WTF??

I have never met or spoken with Marty Rathbun.

I have spoken to Mike Rinder on one occasion who offered his support and help in defending my legal situation. In that conversation I mentioned I was not a fan of Rathbun and Mike's response was that he didn't care. He was just happy to help me.

Infinite

Troublesome Internet Fringe Dweller
. . . <snip> . . . Emma, you now appear to be going out of your way to, as owner and opinion leader of ESMB, pronounce these people as good and acceptable, and thus now making ESMB a supportive environment for them . . . <snip> . . .

SMH.gif

Free Being Me

Crusader
I am very grateful for the stay I've had on ESMB, and the fact of this environment having been turned into something I cannot lend my personal support to is, for myself, timely, as I have some good things going on that I will need to put more time into in order to maintain and further develop them.

nav-jig.jpg

Pooks

MERCHANT OF CHAOS
. And being that Emma, you now appear to be going out of your way to, as owner and opinion leader of ESMB, pronounce these people as good and acceptable, and thus now making ESMB a supportive environment for them, ...
Dex

Wat?

Your inability to duplicate what Emma wrote is astounding.

Kookaburra

Gold Meritorious Patron
Very enlightening thread, Emma. It clarifies a lot.

OSA didn't win. OSA poked a stick in here and got everyone stirred up. But all they really achieved was to clear the air and get everyone focused on the target. They have highlighted their current nasty ops. They have tried very hard to divert attention away from the RPF. All that tells us is that is where their Achilles heel is. Lots of current hidden crimes. Lots of pissed off families. Lots of vulnerable pink underbelly exposed.

And the directly attacked you and therefore ESMB. Got you right back in the fight when you were off to smell the roses. Got ESMB members right pissed off and in unison all took a step closer to becoming Scn critic rather than Scn ex. And it shows just how scared they are of ESMB. :hide: They know that if all the people who have left talk and compare notes, they are done.

Oh, and just a quick question for OSA.

Where is Carol Miles?

Emma

Con te partirò
Administrator
Wat?

Your inability to duplicate what Emma wrote is astounding.

It's the same "intellect" that accepts an OSA DA story that is not only unlikely and full of holes, but then goes on and maliciously spreads it on the back channel without any thought for any consequence.

Emma

Con te partirò
Administrator
Very enlightening thread, Emma. It clarifies a lot.

OSA didn't win. OSA poked a stick in here and got everyone stirred up. But all they really achieved was to clear the air and get everyone focused on the target. They have highlighted their current nasty ops. They have tried very hard to divert attention away from the RPF. All that tells us is that is where their Achilles heel is. Lots of current hidden crimes. Lots of pissed off families. Lots of vulnerable pink underbelly exposed.

And the directly attacked you and therefore ESMB. Got you right back in the fight when you were off to smell the roses. Got ESMB members right pissed off and in unison all took a step closer to becoming Scn critic rather than Scn ex. And it shows just how scared they are of ESMB. :hide: They know that if all the people who have left talk and compare notes, they are done.

Oh, and just a quick question for OSA.

Where is Carol Miles?

Yeah - WHERE IS CAROL MILES?

And what does Carol Miles know that OSA is sooooo desperate to keep quiet?

Free to shine

Shiny & Free
<snip>And being that Emma, you now appear to be going out of your way to, as owner and opinion leader of ESMB, pronounce these people as good and acceptable, and thus now making ESMB a supportive environment for them, I cannot in good conscience send the message that my continued involvement could convey.

To support Marty's regime is to support the CoS, and thus OSA, and the tactics and purposes thereof. "Congratulations OSA", indeed.

<snip>

Unbelievable. You make a pronouncement like that based on what?

Only what you have accepted from OSA.

I think you are a man with good intentions, it is sad to see that you have been played like a fiddle and have no real idea.

Hint - it starts with Hubbard policies and tech.

Student of Trinity

Silver Meritorious Patron
If OSA is counting a message board bunfight as a victory, they must be pretty powerless. I mean, bigger message board battles have happened just because somebody accidentally drank decaf one morning. It's a tempest in a teapot. Life goes on. Nothing that's of any importance here can be disrupted so easily.