Counterfeit Dreams - Jeff Hawkins's story

Discussion in 'Staff "War Stories"' started by Free to shine, Jun 14, 2008.

View Users: View Users
  1. Type4_PTS

Type4_PTS Diamond Invictus SP

I just noticed this story on ESMB while searching for something else. It's an incredible story I actually read prior to posting on the board in the first place,and it had a huge impact on me. It's long but extremely well written and a great story, very much worth reading.

2. Panda Termint

Panda Termint Cabal Of One

Yes, it's one of the best. :)

3. MostlyLurker

MostlyLurker Patron Meritorious

Just finished reading for the second time the last chapter online, and again I cried.
    :thankyou:

4. Free to shine

Free to shine Shiny & Free

:bump2: for newbies to read. :)

5. Julie Mayo

Julie Mayo Patron

I read this story a few months ago. It brought back great memories of Jeff on the ship. Jeff is a wonderful person. He is nice, self sacrificing, creative and I'm happy to have known him. Some people weather the storm with all virtues intact. Jeff is one of them.

6. Markus

Markus Silver Meritorious Patron

Thank you for bumping this story - it is so important for people who just left this cult to see that it was not only their own life that was ruined by Hubbards crazy ideas. It can help them to get free from his "Soul Hacking" much sooner.

To the newbies I recommend the essay by Caroline Letkeman about Hubbards "Soul Hacking" : http://www.google.de/url?sa=t&source...w7k2LIKgaNGwYA

Love
    Markus