Did Hub have any original, good, ideas?

Discussion in 'L Ron Hubbard' started by Veda, May 13, 2018.

View Users: View Users
  1. Dave B.

Dave B. Maximus Ultimus Mostimus

Thus the phony scientific front of $cientology.

Hubbard knew the "scientific" angle for $cientology was completely necessary - so the public would think of his scam as something different than another typical 1950's UFO cult, which it was. If they could have heard him and his wife in that Scouting Universes tape the public would get a more accurate flavor of the hi-jinx.

2. pineapple

pineapple Patron Meritorious

DMSMH doesn't mention past lives, but they were being run as early as 1951. Hubbard mentions them in SOS (Science of Survival). He says if the pc brings up a past life incident the auditor should accept it. And J.A. Winter in A Doctor's Report on Dianetics, published 1951, says dianeticists are now running "past deaths" (he doesn't approve).

3. Terril park

Terril park Sponsor

My question was rhetorical though that probably wasn't clear,
    trying to emphasize that this level of activity seriously declined.

Whilst I was at flag unbeknown to me the first mission holders
    conference was held. My twin had a project where he arranged
    for available public to attend a talk by Alan Walter and very
    shortly thereafter Alan was declared. My twin looked sick
    and uncomprehending when he heard this news.

4. TomKat

TomKat Patron with Honors

Past lives is what caused the first schism, with Hubbard embracing them and a lot of top dianeticists rejecting them. And then I believe in Dianetics 55! or some other 50s book, LRH said that you could tell when someone was running their thetan track because they ran incidents from an exterior viewpoint -- which would be deemed out-of-valence in DMSMH!

5. Gib

Gib Crusader

no doubt:

http://www.european-rhetoric.com/ethos-pathos-logos-modes-persuasion-aristotle/logos/

6. Gib

Gib Crusader

yes, past lives was a first schism form of early dianeticists, and why, because there was no proof, and then LRH went on to rhetorically tell there was past lives and then OT. However, no clear was ever happened by dianetic procedure, only some people got better but yet there was never any proof of that either.

7. Cat's Squirrel

Cat's Squirrel Gold Meritorious Patron

That's correct. William Burroughs's grandfather had started the adding machine business. Burroughs jnr. said in an interview though that the family millions never came his way although he did receive a weekly stipend from it when he was in New York.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_S._Burroughs