What's new

Did John Aczel really call my house?

Kellz

I received a message on my answering machine to my landline from John Aczel asking for my mother and giving an address from 35 years ago. My mother has her own land line and has never lived with me in my current household. I had no idea my mother had any connections to Scientology, I really don'y know wtf is going on.

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
God, is he still alive? You spelled his name correctly. Do you know him? (You don't have to answer that.)

When a staff member fills out a Life History form, one of the points is to list all outside friends and family members. The purpose -- they don't tell you this -- is to help them track you down if you blow. Possibly that's how her contact info ended up in their hands.

Paul

Kellz

there is slightly more details to this story, but since I know nothing about this stuff I don't know whom I can trust and talk to, thoughts on secret chat or establishing trust, lol?

Kellz

I also must include that I also have no connections to scientology. I came here purely for help in putting some pieces together.

Voodoo

Free Your Mind And Your Ass Will Follow
I also must include that I also have no connections to scientology. I came here purely for help in putting some pieces together.
Have you had connections to Scientology in the past? Seems to me that's the only reason they'd have your mom's number. That is, unless she herself had some contact with them and forgot about it.

The guy calling her is probably working on recovering people who've dropped out of Scientology. Think of it as a sales call.

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
there is slightly more details to this story, but since I know nothing about this stuff I don't know whom I can trust and talk to, thoughts on secret chat or establishing trust, lol?
The CofS reads this forum, and it's best to assume it's been infiltrated too. Some people don't really give a shit and post openly; others with more to lose stay anonymous. It is safest to post openly and not via PM (since you won't know who to trust), but don't give more information than you need to.

Paul

Kellz

Have you had connections to Scientology in the past? Seems to me that's the only reason they'd have your mom's number. That is, unless she herself had some contact with them and forgot about it.

The guy calling her is probably working on recovering people who've dropped out of Scientology. Think of it as a sales call.
no I have not. I am guessing based on the address he gave that my parents were involved and then moved, far.

Kellz

The CofS reads this forum, and it's best to assume it's been infiltrated too. Some people don't really give a shit and post openly; others with more to lose stay anonymous. It is safest to post openly and not via PM (since you won't know who to trust), but don't give more information than you need to.

Paul
ok, well, my mother is originally from Chicago and my father from Alabama. They met up north and 3 months later married and moved to Phoenix. Neither one of them knew anyone there so I am not sure why they even moved there. This was 1970. This period of their lives is the least disclosed or talked about mystery. They stayed there and had my sister, in 1977. Leaving 7 years of no clue of what they were doing out there. They moved back up North sometime in between 1978 and 1980. The address that Aczel gave for my mother was the first address they had when moving back up here. None of this makes any sense unless secretly my parents were involved in either the sea org or scientology. He did leave a return phone number.

PirateAndBum

Gold Meritorious Patron
They are probably trying to get current contact info. If they call again tell them to stop calling you. Tell them your Mon died years ago, that should put an end to things :)

Wilbur

Patron Meritorious

Yup, the Church of Scientology is a bit desperate for members since the internet age, and so does seem to be trying to trace ex-members in order to try to persuade them to go back. Apparently they even sometimes contact people who have been kicked out (declared "suppressive persons") in order to try to recover them. So your mom probably had some contact with Scientology in the past (and it could even have been decades ago). It could have been casual contact, like buying a book and maybe doing one course. Or it could have been as involved as joining, and then leaving, staff or the Sea Org.

Karen#1

Gold Meritorious Patron
As the culture at Int Base deteriorated into a kind of bedlam, "SPITTING" became the fashion.
Saliva jettisoned at someone, especially their face was as humiliating as it could get and the junior recipient never fought back.
John Acxel was held down by 2 individuals while Miscavige punched him and then spat on him.
It became the famous first *spitting* which then was copied by others.
Chuck Beatty first reported the spitting on John Axcel.
Soon after that, others were spitting on others.

How very *ecclesiastical* :):):)

John is a mild mannered Brit with wealthy parents who owned a significant Art Gallery in London. He is old Apollo crew which is when I first
met him. We were always friends. I thought of him as a good person. He landed a Watch Dog Committee job (WDC SMI) and was the top dog over all Scn Missions for a while.

THEN

he was sent to Happy Valley...a sort RPF Mind control camp for INT Execs This was 30 +++ years ago.
Seems like he is still IN.
Poor John.

Last edited:

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
I do not speak to her or my father right now at all. But I am really fighting an inner battle to call her or not.....also, they lie, and are secretive, so I don't know....
Phoenix has a long history in Scientology, 1954 at least. It was never a Sea Org base, although SO people might have been sent there every now and then to sort something out. Your parents could well have been staff or public there or both. A regular staff contract was/is 5 years or 2 1/2 years nominally, although usually it's hard to leave at the end of the contract.

I don't know if it would be better to call her or not. Sometimes it helps.

Good luck.

Paul

Kellz

As the culture at Int Base deteriorated into a kind of bedlam, "SPITTING" became the fashion.
Saliva jettisoned at someone, especially their face was as humiliating as it could get and the junior recipient never fought back.
John Acxel was held down by 2 individuals while Miscavige punched him and then spat on him.
It became the famous first *spitting* which then was copied by others.
Chuck Beatty first reported the spitting on John Axcel.
Soon after that, others were spitting on others.

How very *ecclesiastical* :):):)

John is a mild mannered Brit with wealthy parents who owned a significant Art Gallery in London. He is old Apollo crew which is when I first
met him. We were always friends. I thought of him as a good person. He landed a Watch Dog Committee job (WDC SMI) and was the top dog over all Scn Missions for a while.

THEN

he was sent to Happy Valley...a sort RPF Mind control camp for INT Execs This was 30 +++ years ago.
Seems like he is still IN.
Poor John.
where is this Happy Valley located? I feel like this gentleman would not be working in a "records department" why would he be looking for my mother, ya know?

Enthetan

Master of Disaster
where is this Happy Valley located? I feel like this gentleman would not be working in a "records department" why would he be looking for my mother, ya know?
He could have been given a list of names and told to track them down. Maybe your mom was erroneously on the list. Or maybe she really was in.

You have two main choices: either forget it and move on, or give her a call and ask. Speaking as an older person with children, whatever it was that caused the current situation of your not speaking, I'm thinking she might want to hear from you, and maybe patch up your relationship.

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
The CofS staff are desperate to get people into the organizations taking services. In the internet age, most people new to Scientology would naturally look it up, then *run*. People who already took services are different.

An outsider would think, well, what's the difference? People who took services 30 years ago can surely use the internet too, right?

The difference is that most of the staff, good people willingly working 100-hour weeks for (they think) the good of mankind (I'm not joking), genuinely think that Scn services are extremely valuable, and that the bad media about Scn is unjustified. Therefore people who've taken some services really know, deep down, that Scn is an eternal-lifesaver, so it's worth spending some not inconsiderable time and effort to "recover" them. It's a routine action to try and contact people who they last heard from decades ago.

Please don't call John Aczel back. I knew him too. He's a nice guy. But his beliefs (that I used to share) are a bit screwy.

Paul

Last edited: