Did your Scientologist parents ever say they knew you in a past life?

Discussion in 'General Scientology Discussion' started by wogwog, Jun 7, 2018.

View Users: View Users
  1. wogwog

wogwog Patron

As a second gen this happened to me, and talking to a few others second gens, they had similar experiences. I think I found a thread on the exscientologykids forums about this but don't have the link. I've been curious how common this was for other "born in" kids.

In my case, I was talking with my dad after being treated especially harshly by Ethics for some teenage problem (that in retrospect was just a normal part of growing up). When I expressed frustration for how Ethics was handling me, he shut me down by saying I chose to be a Scientologist so I can't complain. When I was confused by what he meant, he said it was not this lifetime, but in a past life we made a pact as thetans to regroup as a family so we could go up the Bridge together. I was a bit dumbfounded -- how do I respond to something I supposedly did in a past life I cannot recall, especially when an OT is telling me about it with that special "certainty" that auditing gives them? He wouldn't say much more about it, but kept a stern attitude that I already made the decision and couldn't back out this lifetime because we had all agreed to keep each other going up the Bridge this lifetime no matter what.

From talking to other people raised in Scientology, I got the impression that Scientology parents often had these "cognitions" where they figured out that their kids this lifetime were their "theta buddies" in past lives or between lives, and they were purposefully picking bodies in the same family so they could stay together.

Did this ever happen to you?

• Thanks Thanks x 3
    • Love Love x 1
    • List
  2. Type4_PTS

Type4_PTS Diamond Invictus SP

Tell him: "Show me this agreement! If it's not written it's not true!" :D

It's not reasonable to expect someone to adhere to an agreement that they cannot recall and there's no evidence of it. I'm sure that there's some LRH reference that would back you up on it too. (maybe the one on 'personal integrity'?)

But that's the only way to get anywhere when attempting to argue with a Scientologist who has certainty. Show him an LRH reference that backs up your position.

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • List
  3. J. Warbler

J. Warbler Patron

I am under the Impression that L. Ron Hubbard, in his most recent incarnation, was the first person, or being, to discover "the Bridge."

So wouldn't it be impossible to have discussed it, or even known about it, in any life that preceded this discovery?

I am certainly no expert, so feel free to set me straight. As I know you will ;)

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  4. TheOriginalBigBlue

TheOriginalBigBlue Gold Meritorious Patron

Here you go...

https://wikileaks.org/wiki/Scientology_cult_Hymn_of_Asia

Hymn of Asia by Scientology founder L. Ron Hubbard, wherein Hubbard claims to be the prophet Buddha.

5. wogwog

wogwog Patron

Here is the thread on exscientologykids that I was thinking of:

http://www.exscientologykids.com/eskforums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=226

Maybe my dad meant more that I had "communicated" to him before my birth, as many Scientology parents believe that thetans are shopping around for bodies, and the smart ones look for Scientologist families to be born into. :confused:

6. wogwog

wogwog Patron

I have spoken to a few pregnant Scientologist would feel that "between lives" thetans are following them around and clustering around their belly, waiting to be the one to claim the baby's body. They were a little afraid that "DBs" or "evil beings" were haunting them. They usually overcame this fear by making a strong postulate or a tone 40 intention that only a up tone, unabberated being would be their baby. As if pregnancy wasn't emotional and stressful enough...

7. This is NOT OK !!!!

This is NOT OK !!!! Gold Meritorious Patron

I'm sorry you have had to go through this with your father wogwog.

It's practically unforgivable (to me) that a father would place this kind of burden on their child - that they must continue with a lifestyle/professional course of action like this.

I guess it's similar to the parents that expect their children to take over the family business, or the expectation that the children will remain living in the same town forever, etc.

But there's that weird last lifetime woo attached in this case.

I hope you spread your wings and flew away into your own future without the clampire vision quest.

8. dchoiceisalwaysrs

dchoiceisalwaysrs Gold Meritorious Patron

With 68 years since the greater than fire and wheel discovery exploded onto earth, in this far off corner of the ga-luxy, we could well be into the 5th generation of not from this world, deluded lying OTs. Of course the universe itself exists because these ethical OT have been lying since before this universe even began. Why else would we have 'entheta'?

9. dchoiceisalwaysrs

dchoiceisalwaysrs Gold Meritorious Patron

Maybe sometimes the kids have to help the parents grow up and out of their delusions. I wish you luck, especially if the parents are glued to the Truman show and protest having to go get some healhy nutrition at the dinner table. Besides why would smart thetans shop to be in a body theta trap and realize they are already exterior to the bridge of implants. I suggest you keep the door unlocked for your parents to finally come home from their school of make believe.