What's new

do they physically prevent you from leaving?

lotus

stubborn rebel sheep!
I had no idea you went through an experience like that Sis ... my hat is off to you, it must have been terrifying while it was all happening, just the thought of it is horrifying enough.

:rose:

I wrote the story on the board - the only one I wrote in fact. (can't find it)
Nothing bad happened to me- but the terror I felt and my attempt to hide from them was so miserable - (I was hiding almost under a tablein the airport)

Although it was nothing compare to those horrific stories of many others:unsure:

It pretty much gives an idea about the emotional and mental state of a person attempting to escape.
When considered my frame and shape - expecting 2 $cientology dogs- it's easy to figure out the fear!
:unsure:

This thread is so interesting :yes:

Last edited:

lotus

stubborn rebel sheep!
Thank you Ethercat :wink2:

Not exactly this post -
my post was about how I planned my escape , how I failed to avoid the blow drill , and how I was hiding, terrorized at the airport cantine - till they found me :nervous:

I'll try to find it!

TheOriginalBigBlue

Gold Meritorious Patron
If I was ever going to advise an SO member getting out, my rules would be:

1) Leave your stuff. Clothes can be replaced. Your freedom cannot. Take only what will fit in your pockets: ID and other valuable documents. Trying to leave with a suitcase will GREATLY reduce your chances of success.

2) Stop looking like an SO member. The uniform makes you stand out at a distance. Wear a colored t-shirt or something under your white SO shirt, and ditch the shirt once you are out of the area.

3) If you cannot be sure that you will be out of the area before they call a "blow drill", then go to ground. Find someplace secure where you can take a nap for a few hours. If they don't immediately find you at the airport or bus station, they just don't have the manpower to stick around waiting for you, unless you are somebody hugely important.

4) If you are female, consider hiding out at a bar (but get at least several miles from the base before looking for one). Let a guy buy you a drink and something to eat, and chat with him for a while.

5) Avoid planes (unless you can be sure you will be gone before they notice you are gone). You have to travel under your real name, and they have travel agents who can look you up. They can then have somebody waiting for you at the other end.

6) MOST IMPORTANT: Be ready to FIGHT for your freedom. If you see somebody approaching you commanding you to return, SCREAM out "Get away from me! Don't touch me! HELP! Police!". The "recovery team" will run and scatter.

I don't understand why this must be so complicated. The people at the Complex can just walk into one of the nearby hospital lobbies and ask for security to protect them until the police arrive. At Flag it looks like they would trip over the police trying to escape.

This isn't Siberia.

Hospitals.jpg

Clearwater Police.jpg

lotus

stubborn rebel sheep!
Cross posting from the thread Ethercat found. Thank you for helping.

People know I do apologize for my bad english but I really did my very best and hope it's not too painfull to read though! :coolwink:

Yes I know - I noticed with few of your posts - but didn't know you also escaped.
It seems you have been wiser that I and I shall have wait for your company :biggrin:

At that time, Mark Pope would have been your handler on the blow drill. He was not violent though, no physical coercion ''only'' mind and emotionnal 8C pressure...
(like what Marty did with Annie Tidman to make her collapse)

I planned the escape for one month and sent via the post office (still operating at the time) half of my belongings, packed in large boxes, one at the time, to not being spotted on Cleveland. AS you, I had an irregular schedule after lunch that I took opportunity.
My stoopid bad was I left a letter, saying to leave me alone, and being certain I would be in the air when they would discover it. :duh: I took about 10 big boxes at the airport, thus was not possible to hide in the lady's room :duh:

When I got in the cab, the driver said: Your are escaping girl ???? I said yes...How do you know? he said'' Well, there are many, we get used to it and you did the right thing... Then he gave me a few security tips to avoid the blow drill. He was about in his 50's - and had been so gentle and kind...I was terrified and he made me feel secured. I won't never forget.

If I'd be living around Clearwater now, and retired, I would put a sign on my car saying... S.O. you want to leave, get in this car NOW and you will be helped go back to life.

The only way out is to get in a car or a bus and leave, quietly without sorrow!

* planning an escape is a traumatic event - as you know if they get the idea, you will be lock somewhere or unver 24h watch. No one is prepared to this and no one thought he\she would have signed a billion year contract with a prison mind control camp infested with guards an watchers!

Not in my case :no:

I was so frightened to discover the RPF and the children abuse, I was too much a rebel and a disobedience case - I knew my time would come to be broken in the RPF ...

I couldn't stand anymore the retard exec constantly yelling like crazy, day after day, hour after hour at the staff of Source magazine, particularly the artists ) :grouch:

(I was a nobody, a pack of trouble they could dispose of without sorrow :biggrin: )

But tose who plan an almost impossible escape from int base......they truly jeopardize their life :duh: and are in real danger - and in a real mess if they fail...This is beyond any imagination. Surreal.
How about the Freewinds...this is probably the worst of the worst...impossible to escape if you are not sent on a mission:unsure:

(A few SO talk about escaping the Freewinds - Valeska Paris and another Karen had intervew - can't recall his name)

Planning an escape from those SO prisons take years...or never happen :unsure:

* apparently, the Soboda indians have helped many INT base escapees over the years

The taxi driver told Miss little girl Lotus:

When you're in the terminal you're not alone, there is many people there. Right ???? If anyone comes from CO$ to ''kidnap you'' yell - yell for police - yell they attempt to rape you...so the policewill come and protect you'' It was frightening to hear that ( a bit nauseous & shaking to imagine the worse and thinking of RPF'ers prisonners)

Arriving in the terminal it was a relief to realize there was about only 15 min. left to wait after checking..Wow..good job tightly coordinated..I was proud of me..a few minutes away of freedom ... back to real life is the next destination - out of here our of the dark city of black dressed dehumanized robots!
(never count one's chickens before they are hatched...)

Few minutes to wait is very long when escaping from SO compound... there is only to check flight arrivals board...My flight appears to be a few minutes late ...adrenaline arose in me...fast heartbeat and sweating... I knew my senior was now reading my farewell letter... a letter not to be taken as a ''see you later'' letter... Still had 20 minutes left..wich was plenty of time to be anxious..

The airport terminal was pretty quiet..almost empty..you know like in a movie..when someone is in danger in a NY street and it's, suddenly ... like a desert...a dead street...a dead city...

In your mind, everything is going in slow motion, but many scripts running at the time....and each and every detail, are amplified by fear... because you are acting in another world, in another dimension nobody knows about... it's the great escape...and you are alone to succed the deadly mission.

The board suddenly display : My flight # : delay
OMG - Nooooooooooo not possible
It takes about 15-20 minutes before they tell passengers there was a mechanical problem and another flight would come ....in.... few hours...
Pannick attack.......the haunting dogs from FH shall arrive by the next few minutes ... unless my senior doesn't give a shit because I am a nobody..please for the godsake...I 'm a nobody..Senior doesn't care.... A nobody can be waist...

Everything was computing so fast in my mind...I had all my stuff packed in the 6-7 big boxes on the cart..and was trying to figure out a place to hide
... Try to hide an elephant in a small empty terminal ....

Okay...here, there is a place in the restaurant, at the far end, a table , close to the ladies room and almost not visible from the entrance...
(Try to hide an elephant in a large empty terminal )

There..try to relax and wait..not possible...take deep breath...hope and wait... 6-8 hours to kill till the next flight... that would leave plenty of time and opportunities for guards handlers to chase the lonely prey ....

I know I would miss the 2 next flight connections
my flight back home would now be + 24 hours and I was not in good physical shape for a major weight loss + usual sleep and nutritional food deprived at Flag 1980's...:

Unfortunately, I soon discovered, nobody was to be waisted in the SO...
no slave is to be waisted...

Next to come ....

There is 3 things that could change the whole situation when one escape the SO:

passeport\ID
Credit card (or much cash)
phone cell

The passeport makes it possible to leave the country fast and the money to ensure the basics for few days.

But credit cards and cell phone, unfortunately also make it possible for the COS to track you in real time :nervous:

Fortunately, I had my passport and a credit card to pay my airfare - - otherwise I would have be in trouble. But It has been said the CO$ now, hold SO passeports and forbid cell phones. If they would have held my passeport I would have go the the embassy and ask for emergency help. :yes:
What was frightening is that we knew they coerced people in the RPF and I was 1,67m - 5'6'' and only weighted 48kg - 110 lbs when I left :ohmy: No way to resist 2 big guys!
I was truly frightened they would attempt to kidnap me :nervous:

So I was (trying to) hiding in the restaurant and waiting.

Suddenly - at the far end, I see 2 guys wearing a white uniform...They are entering, walking fast, in the terminal and don't give a look in the restaurant..

I recall at this specific moment I did what children do when you play hide with them. They make them very small, hide their face with hands and close their eyes...they think that, as they can't see you, you can't see them....
Exactely what I did ...and hoped the 2 guys were pilots (lie to myself...)
(so miserable)

Unfortunately,

I saw the two fake naval officer coming to me.... they appeared angry...real angry
This specific moment..I felt like a total fail...

They took a chair, sat down, and spoke to me with authority and order me to come back, as I didn't routed out the proper way...

''no way..I said...I'm done..I go back home...''

The 2 guys were the HES and Dir pers , they knew me very well as I worked with them on a special project and was given special tasks form the HES related to the newbies SO arriving at the base.

The HES I did like him..even if he had lied from A to Z when he recruited me and others, I though good of him. ... But the other one , the Dir pers...I knew my blowing would lower his stat and I didn't like this guy at all. we had conflicts because of me being a rebel. He appeared to me as a_____ (fill the blank)

That moment was to me like in a thriller movie. I don't have any idea how much time it was..probably an hour or two...but lot of pressure, making wrong, to make me collapse.

One tried to take my arm and said..Okay now..you come back...
At this moment I told them with all my will to be persuasive
''if you lay a hand on me...I scream that you tried to rape me''

The dir pers face turned another color...not that he was scared...he was furious at me......
The HES tried another strategy to pressure me...

'' If you leave flag without a routing form you are in real trouble..You will be sp declared, get a free loader debt to pay, and you deny yourself your eternity, You had signed a contract in the SO and must fulfill your commitment...''

I know it's retard...but I was feeling really bad, and was scared...about my futur...I was scared they could sue me for the breach in the contract and that the sp declare would ruin my futur life...and I was ashamed for failing while others did persue.

To make it short...they got that I was serious and I would scream if they lay a hand on me...
I was exausted because it was a non-stop harrassment ...But I should not have let them talk to me at the first beginning... I should have call the police.

The only way to get rid of them was to promess to go back to the org on staff and suffer up a low condition he assigned and make amendments.
Was still better than to have cont justice after me...

What a retard...I went back on staff to atone and repair the dammages I did on the third and fourth dynamic... :duh:
(you see there the depth of the lack of critical mind, self-determinism - and self-esteem)

I spend 24 days in airports, no money to eat, (my credit card was busted with the airfare) When I left I had about 20$ cash left, which I must kept for the bus to go back home. My (non-scientologist family) were furious at me, (they warned me about the cult...and I didn't listen...)
No one would pick me up at the airport. I felt they wanted me to feel ashamed and get the consequences of my decisions..which I did and still do.

I landed back at the house of a sibling...no welcoming, no hugs, the behavior was like...cold...you have a bed for charity ...:bigcry:
This was the most painfull of the whole situation...
like a major final blow to my soul, to my heart...
(there would have been months that music would sooth my heart..like in the SO..I had my radio and listen to music...

I slept for 2 days in row...we never talk about what happened..and never I would open a window on this part of my life...
But I also felt grateful I had a place to land for a while...and could have meals till I get money to take care of me.

In the next few weeks I got a subsidy to enroll a degree fast flow , they needed professionnals in that field very soon in my country! I did it, while keeping my atonement at the org for the next few years to come..

Till, I got the real dark and evil $cientology coerced on me ..via the tech...
and left for good - in small pieces.
(it seems to me that people never leave $cientology for the abuses they witnessed on others..they leave when they are harmed and get the evil of it)

It took years to put back all broken pieces together.

Epilogue

Never I would have rebuild my original trust and confidence in people like I was before I came in that cult.
I'm always prepared to be dumped, given, fooled, lied to... because I know some people will use any mean to get what they want...A bridge to eternity - praise, power, money...

The teen girl had grew tall...

Fortunately, I encouter many, on my path, who are the bravest, kind and luminous souls...

it began the day I escaped and a kind soul help me to secure me and provide the best advice ... This is how I learned to always keep hope and search for light in the dark!

Thank you for reading!

:wave:

( I have so much admiration for SO raised in the cult who escape and rebuild a new life from scratch - most of them given many years of rpf torture...hopefully , their stories will be spread to avoid peole to be fooled and send in a slave camp)

Last edited:

TheOriginalBigBlue

Gold Meritorious Patron

People know I do apologize for my bad english but I really did my very best and hope it's not too painfull to read though! :coolwink:

That is an excellent story Lotus! I am glad to see that you emphasize how much of the difficulty to leave is due to mental manipulation. I'm convinced that a major purpose behind the incessant busy busy emergency stat push micromanagement is to erode an individual's ability to think for themselves to the point where they don't even conceive of leaving and if they do they sabotage their own efforts with concerns about the Church's interests instead of just behaving as though they are free.

The irony is that Sea Org members are told that they are the elite of mankind and by virtue of being a Sea Org member they are already OT and at cause of matter, energy space and time, can push through Command Intention against all odds, blah blah blah - but when it come to waving down a taxi or a police officer or asking a passer by for help or borrowing someones phone to call an embassy, relative or friend.....they suddenly are completely incapable?

The big fear should be getting locked in a basement room with no escape and where no one can hear you yell or banging on the pipes. It is absolutely true that Sea Org members are transferred or sent on projects so often for long periods of time under the cloak of confidentiality that it can be expected no one will miss or ask about you if you disappear. Tipping your hand or returning where they can implement physical restraint is the big mistake.

BTW, I correspond with a lot of people from Europe who write exactly like you do. Please don't apologize. It is quite attractive and it is good for people to become familiar with your kind of writing.

lotus

stubborn rebel sheep!
T

The irony is that Sea Org members are told that they are the elite of mankind and by virtue of being a Sea Org member they are already OT and at cause of matter, energy space and time, can push through Command Intention against all odds, blah blah blah -

This is why the most powerfull emotion , a SO member who plan an escape, face is SHAME
Blowing is a fail - one blows because he is a traitor, a weak person, an espee and he\she leaves behind his\her ''courageous'' comrades on duties to save this planet.....One fells like a shit...

This is a huge struggling that prevent many to blow... the shame - guiltyness and the eternity denial!

I asked some fellow SO members who blew, and it's pretty much the same pattern.

lotus

stubborn rebel sheep!
BTW, I correspond with a lot of people from Europe who write exactly like you do. Please don't apologize. It is quite attractive and it is good for people to become familiar with your kind of writing.

Thank you sweety - its nice to tell so! :flowers2:

I was fully bilingual prior to a neurologic accident that dammaged a part of my frontal lobe in the brain. It was a "collateral dammage'' of toxic stress exposure in the cult with dark scientology enforced ....

There has been a time I could barely speak 3 words in a sentence in my native language because of the learning and language center dammaged. I've worked hard to recover my abilities , to improve my english and learn spanish.

I am quite proud and happy of what I accomplished despite prognostics.
People here are quite nice, chat with me and get my problem is not comprehension but to structure my thought using another language. ESMBers are amongst the most inspiring people to be found on internet and IRL

P.S.
1)There are a few sweethearts & thoughtfull who provide me wtih english lessons back channels...aussies and mericans :biggrin:
2) I am not offended when people laugh of my wrong use of words - sometimes it's funny though

Last edited:

TheOriginalBigBlue

Gold Meritorious Patron
This is why the most powerfull emotion , a SO member who plan an escape, face is SHAME
Blowing is a fail - one blows because he is a traitor, a weak person, an espee and he\she leaves behind his\her ''courageous'' comrades on duties to save this planet.....One fells like a shit...

This is a huge struggling that prevent many to blow... the shame - guiltyness and the eternity denial!

I asked some fellow SO members who blew, and it's pretty much the same pattern.

Very well said! I have expressed the same thing myself. My only regret was the feeling of abandoning my comrades to the grist mill and it was the most common impression in reoccurring dreams. Explaining to my dour dream mates that I couldn't stay because I had other obligations and a new life. I think 90% of the people I knew were also gone within 6 years. It always amazed me at how much resources were invested in recruiting someone and how difficult it was - then they would be used up like cannon fodder in a senseless war.

phenomanon

Canyon

I just re-read this and I noticed te name Mark Pope in the first segment.
So, we both had run-ins with him. He ran for vice President of CADA, during their infiltration and take over attempt in 1989.
He was roundly defeated by Yours Truly, who won the vote in a landslide.
Mark Pope was pissed. So were his colleagues.
I think his wife was Bettina, and she was on their Investigative Tech Course. I dunno what happened to the Popes.

phenomanon

Canyon
snip

I totally agree. I have no trouble reading Lotus's posts, and I think they are very easily understood.:yes:

lotus

stubborn rebel sheep!
I just re-read this and I noticed te name Mark Pope in the first segment.
So, we both had run-ins with him. He ran for vice President of CADA, during their infiltration and take over attempt in 1989.
He was roundly defeated by Yours Truly, who won the vote in a landslide.
Mark Pope was pissed. So were his colleagues.
I think his wife was Bettina, and she was on their Investigative Tech Course. I dunno what happened to the Popes.

I liked Mark he was a good guy , 2nd $cientologist generation - apart form telling ''acceptable truths'' to people , I never witnessed hime being verbally or physically abusive. He was a nice guy in this world of madness.

I think he routed out but I don't know if he out of the cult :confused2:

Mick Wenlock

Admin Emeritus (retired)
When my wife and I left the Sea Org ( I was declared ) we had about 500 Dkr between us - about $75. We had two suitcases, nowhere to go, no family locally. No credit cards of any kind - after 13 years in the Sea org we had virtually NOTHING. I will not bore everyone with the frantic three days, staying in a homeless shelter for two nights before we got a breather of a place to stay for a couple of weeks. I mention this because many SO have left many family connections way behind. I suspect it is far worse for the eastern europeans at Flag. It is very depressing to find yourself out with no support - it was the second time for me so it wasn't as much of a shock for me as it was for my wife.

I also think there are aspects to this that need to be weighed - people who are reaching the point of blowing have been reduced to giving up on something that was, for most, bigger than their entire life. For those that have been in a long time it is waving goodbye to most of their adult life up to that point, a lot of friends they are never going to talk to again, possibly family as well. If they are in a foreign country there is no infrastructure to hook up to, no family or non-scientology friends to stay with for a few days or weeks, no-one to tap into to look for work.

So it is not a time of clear thinking for most, not a time when a person is doing well. So what appears obvious from here is not that obvious from there.

Last edited:

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation
How did I not know about post 46 (and subsequent posts) on this thread?

Lotus ... how you managed to stay sane (and loving) is incredible.

I'm feeling very upset for all those still trapped, especially those in a foreign country, because they may never get out until they become elderly, at which point they will be slung out.

It's a human tragedy and though many of them created it for themselves it doesn't make it less so.

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation
When my wife and I left the Sea Org ( I was declared ) we had about 500 Dkr between us - about $75. We had two suitcases, nowhere to go, no family locally. No credit cards of any kind - after 13 years in the Sea org we had virtually NOTHING. I will not bore everyone with the frantic three days, staying in a homeless shelter for two nights before we got a breather of a place to stay for a couple of weeks. I mention this because many SO have left many family connections way behind. I suspect it is far worse for the eastern europeans at Flag. It is very depressing to find yourself out with no support - it was the second time for me so it wasn't as much of a shock for me as it was for my wife.

I also think there are aspects to this that need to be weighed - people who are reaching the point of blowing have been reduced to giving up on something that was, for most, bigger than their entire life. For those that have been in a long time it is waving goodbye to most of their adult life up to that point, a lot of friends they are never going to talk to again, possibly family as well. If they are in a foreign country there is no infrastructure to hook up to, no family or non-scientology friends to stay with for a few days or weeks, no-one to tap into to look for work.

So it is not a time of clear thinking for most, not a time when a person is doing well. So what appears obvious from here is not that obvious from there.

Mick,

Having each other must have been such a comfort in that dreadful situation ... most people who leave are very alone.

Your relationship with your wife sounds pretty special to me.

Love changes everything.

:yes:

Gib

Crusader

I believe the difference in translation is because European Countries have closer ties to language structure to that of Latin. I think the best read on the structure of language between the ancients and present is this lecture by Hugh Blair:

https://archive.org/stream/lecturesonrheto31blaigoog#page/n137/mode/2up

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Italian_language

I have no problem with Lotus posts as they are kind of like Yoda speak, people have pondered why does Yoda speak as he does:

http://scifi.stackexchange.com/questions/11039/why-does-yoda-speak-the-way-he-does

Answer:

English is SVO (Subject-Verb-Object) word order; Yoda's native language would seem to be OSV (Object-Subject-Verb) order, and he continues to use the more familiar ordering -- since he's always understood, he probably never saw reason to force himself to use the more (to him) alien-sounding SVO word-order of English. – LindaJeanne Sep 3 '15 at 18:01

Learn to speak Yoda:

http://www.yodaspeak.co.uk/index.php

I think it's a kick, or speaking in Yoda speak: "I think, a kick, is it."

If I were to state: "I love the way Lotus writes", in Latin it might be "love writes Lotus I"

:confused2:

lotus

stubborn rebel sheep!
How did I not know about post 46 (and subsequent posts) on this thread?

Lotus ... how you managed to stay sane (and loving) is incredible.

I'm feeling very upset for all those still trapped, especially those in a foreign country, because they may never get out until they become elderly, at which point they will be slung out.

It's a human tragedy and though many of them created it for themselves it doesn't make it less so.

Trouble

They did nothing to me in the SO - (I only had to suffer, like all SO members , the insane berthing condition)
to the opposite I managed to avoid many insane stuff there (to be constantly yelled at...) and had protection of nice mericans guys - they respected me much...even the most obnoctious ones remained fine with me.

Its another deep suffering that hit me there...the abused I witnessed and I couldn't stop..
Especially the tech guys (CSes and auditors) put in RPF as well as the kids... - the constant humiliation of them - the best people you can find...and the people I saw slowly be transformed into slave droids... their eyes dead..no more smile..lost in their slave bubble...Many public and SO members are so shocked upon arrival in this dark abusive slave world..they have a psychotic break within the next few days...they are hidden and not to be seen on the base again. Some I knew disappeared.

If I had not escaped..I would have get at the throat of a senior who was destroying people's soul...on a daily basis... He was a real scum..of the earth... He was driving me insane. :blush:
I was growing hate within me.....Knowing I would be then put in isolation for loosing it...I decided It was time to leave...

Long years after - I was still having nightmares about abuses done to others and me fighting and be put in isolation... Till the last day of my life I will never forget the emptied of life eyes and bodies there...I can't even look at videos on the sea org Alley..it breaks my heart ...
The elderly discarded quietly without sorrow- I prefer not to think about it :unsure:

The worse I personnaly experienced happened later in my org...
I encouter there a few scumbs of the earth!

p.s I don't think I am sane...but I am a nice and gentle insane though :biggrin:

I believe the difference in translation is because European Countries have closer ties to language structure to that of Latin. I think the best read on the structure of language between the ancients and present is this lecture by Hugh Blair:

https://archive.org/stream/lecturesonrheto31blaigoog#page/n137/mode/2up

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Italian_language

I have no problem with Lotus posts as they are kind of like Yoda speak, people have pondered why does Yoda speak as he does:

http://scifi.stackexchange.com/questions/11039/why-does-yoda-speak-the-way-he-does

Answer:

Learn to speak Yoda:

http://www.yodaspeak.co.uk/index.php

I think it's a kick, or speaking in Yoda speak: "I think, a kick, is it."

If I were to state: "I love the way Lotus writes", in Latin it might be "love writes Lotus I"

:confused2:

You are totally right about latin language structure. Also being of latin roots , we think a lot in terms of emotions related to experiences and things to the opposite of brits who are cartesian and factual. The structure of language is different and when one thinks in french and then translate in english it doesn't work well..what I am doing when I write. :unsure:

I tried the Yoda speak..lol...funny..I sometimes speaks like that......lol...

I must confess - something never told on the board...
it's almost unbelievable and even though I am totally aware you have been fooled once...
It's time to be genuine...you deserve honnesty

Time now to tell ...

I am not from this planet....

:dieslaughing:

Last edited:

lotus

stubborn rebel sheep!
Lol

Sad - groot now you are

I would have liked to find such a nice starman , landing in my living room
and to share a glass of wine to welcome him ... :biggrin:

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh