What's new

Does the Touch Assist Work?

Gizmo

Rabble Rouser
On a lighter note . . .

I've seen a TA go on for HOURS while a SO member got one. Fall pretty much sound asleep & catch up on some sleep deprivation they were suffered.

I've know of an attractive gal who wanted to go to an auditing room for a TA so she could remove all her clothes & get " the full effect " from the TA.

Or, dear God, TA on someone with a frickin head ache - or even worse a toothache.

I wonder what would happen with a alternating

" Feel my finger "
" Don't feel my finger "

Can a dog be given a TA ? Well, silently OT style ?

How about a solo TA, why wouldn't that work as well as any other solo 'process' ?

<> <> <>

Contact assist.

So the guy gets hit by a car on his motorcycle. Was I supposed to get him crashed into again for a contact assist ?

The new student giving a TA & a few commands in, uh, forgets the command ?

When the person getting the TA cuts a loud fart - Ignore it ? Ack it ? Take is as the EP ? End off until the smell goes away ? What is the right thing to do ?

Gib

Crusader
On a lighter note . . .

I've seen a TA go on for HOURS while a SO member got one. Fall pretty much sound asleep & catch up on some sleep deprivation they were suffered.

I've know of an attractive gal who wanted to go to an auditing room for a TA so she could remove all her clothes & get " the full effect " from the TA.

Or, dear God, TA on someone with a frickin head ache - or even worse a toothache.

I wonder what would happen with a alternating

" Feel my finger "
" Don't feel my finger "

Can a dog be given a TA ? Well, silently OT style ?

How about a solo TA, why wouldn't that work as well as any other solo 'process' ?

<> <> <>

Contact assist.

So the guy gets hit by a car on his motorcycle. Was I supposed to get him crashed into again for a contact assist ?

The new student giving a TA & a few commands in, uh, forgets the command ?

When the person getting the TA cuts a loud fart - Ignore it ? Ack it ? Take is as the EP ? End off until the smell goes away ? What is the right thing to do ?

I've had lots of TA's during myself being a tenured scientologist, when I look back at it all, the touch assists, along with other things, why I had to mock-up a win. :confused2::roflmao:

renegade

Silver Meritorious Patron
Among Scientologists giving each other assists just to help, no forced session or C/S or money involved, I observed nerve assists being wanted more often than touch assists. Unless there's a proper massage/chiropractic table available, it's quite demanding delivering a nerve assist on a bed or the floor, and I didn't offer unless I had to.

I went to a Scn chiro once or twice while living in LA. Before the chiro bit he would do a short nerve assist: he said it eased the adjustment.

Paul

I remember the workout it was to give a nerve assist on the floor! Sometimes you'd hear that "Popping" along the spine similar to a chiropractic adjustment, when the person flipped from back to front, but the person did not want the assist to end!

pineapple

- snip -

Obviously the pc is "blowing charge." This is often followed by a cognition.

Hypatia

Pagan
I've known people who said they got amazing effects. I used to do them. Generally tge person would say they felt a bit better but one time it seemed a lot more dramatic. Purely anecdotal. I can't prove a thing.

i worked with a lady- not a Scio- who did a healing touch thing. Her hands seemed to vibrate- tgere seemed to be something there. Again, I have no proof but it seemed real at the time.

pineapple

I've known people who said they got amazing effects. I used to do them. Generally tge person would say they felt a bit better but one time it seemed a lot more dramatic. Purely anecdotal. I can't prove a thing.

i worked with a lady- not a Scio- who did a healing touch thing. Her hands seemed to vibrate- tgere seemed to be something there. Again, I have no proof but it seemed real at the time.

Maybe I just didn't have the knack for it. I wanted them to work -- but I never got any result that was in the least dramatic. Even as "into" scn as I was at the time, I couldn't convince myself that TA's were effective.

Maybe there are some people, like the lady you mention, who do have such a skill.

programmer_guy

True Ex-Scientologist

I didn't get any relief from a touch assist for my old back injury BUT I don't believe that there was any psychosomatic part of my problem.

(BTW, some Christians also use "laying on of hands".)

Hypatia

Pagan
Maybe I just didn't have the knack for it. I wanted them to work -- but I never got any result that was in the least dramatic. Even as "into" scn as I was at the time, I couldn't convince myself that TA's were effective.

Maybe there are some people, like the lady you mention, who do have such a skill.

Yes. I think I know what you mean. Anyway, TAs were said to only be for promoting healing already taking place, not a substitute for real medical treatment. But it seems like many Scios treat it like a major thing.

I liked the healing touch touch from my coworker more than I liked the TAs.

FoTi

Crusader
They worked for me.
I loved receiving and giving touch assists and nerve assists. I had great results with both of them.

hummingbird

Patron with Honors
I'll toss this in, because this thread is conjuring up a memory.

Back in the 70s, when I was a lowly Cl4 auditor in a Mission, the C/S's wife, who was OT3 (they both were), asked me for a TA because she was in pain. I was terrified, but they showed me the Tech Bulletin that said that you didn't have to be OT3 to give an assist to one, because an assist was not auditing.

As it turned out, she was in pain because she was having a miscarriage. Needless to say, it didn't work. I still remember her writhing on the floor as I tried to do the assist, all the while thinking "This is absurd! She needs medical attention!" I believe they finally took her to an ER, where she lost the baby.

Sorry to be the downer on this thread.

lotus

stubborn rebel sheep!
I didn't get any relief from a touch assist for my old back injury BUT I don't believe that there was any psychosomatic part of my problem.

(BTW, some Christians also use "laying on of hands".)

True!

Charismatics christians use it
Some have the ''revelation'' they are chosen by the holy spirit as the recipient of sacred healing power divine gifts, among such are the healing gift, speaking in tongues, interpretation of tongues, gifs of exorcism...

[video]https://youtu.be/ILEapoVwdyo[/video]

When I was a kid, my parents were involed for a couple of years in this christian sect..till they realized it was kind of weirdo..
My brother and I always were kinda of taking it for a show...mom knew we were laughing in the meetings...but respected we didn't believed in it and only demanded we keep quiet.

Each weekly cherch service was a show of people standing in a line up to be healed and told revelations in tongues...

Then, there was a moment people would tell to the audience their ''wins'' how they were (instantly) healed by the holy spirit..and then people were speaking in tongues, singing, crying, praying...''oh thank you god, thank you holy spirit.....''
A desagreable cacophony that would make cringe anyone not driven into this sort of hypnotic collective transe.

[video]https://youtu.be/Hm_NNLZiusg[/video]

At that point, my brother and I would die laughing and couldn't hold it back..so mom expected we go outise and was relieved, since we behaved as good boy and girl and let it go outside the cherch (we were youth and educated with a critical mind that couldn't make sens of this). Before we left, she too would have such silent laughing fits ..dad did not find it funny..and we were all forbiden to make J&D aboutit. But mom decided it was enough with the holy spirit cult though (even if priest were family friends)! We never got healed of anything that I know of though, with by the holy divine hands laying of.:confused2: And mom declared that Jesus, God and Holy spirit would reside in our heart and could be adressed with in intimate close relation without such public demonstration or show.

Actually it's quite creepy..since at the time of the prayer, your eyes are closed and suddenly, the one who is gifted to foresee the health'\mental\spiritual issue to be healed..get close to you and speaks in tongues..then other who are gifted healing hands..suddenly come by dozen an touch you to impose hands over you...creepy! :blush:

Now imagine the one who foresees, has the revelations the the devil resides within you (luckily, the never found that he resides within me..and I was left possessed) thus, they never practiced a sort of ''exorcism'' healing of the demon....:omg::omg: but one of my friend was though..and he had been traumatized.

[video]https://youtu.be/wvu_hi5RfVE[/video]

It culminated with an ''Hallelujiah''
That was the only part I liked ..since I always love gospel melodies.
(this part is like the $cientology love bombing...it's what people like)
It's the unprecedented thetaness lovingness moment.

[video]https://youtu.be/leZLYU5psts?t=1m1s[/video]

renegade

I'll toss this in, because this thread is conjuring up a memory.

Back in the 70s, when I was a lowly Cl4 auditor in a Mission, the C/S's wife, who was OT3 (they both were), asked me for a TA because she was in pain. I was terrified, but they showed me the Tech Bulletin that said that you didn't have to be OT3 to give an assist to one, because an assist was not auditing.

This post brought up a memory of a C/S telling a pc who had cancer to try and get TAs only from OTs! I have never seen it written anywhere but we all went along with that. Later it turned into an unspoken rule that Ots had more power to heal.

FoTi

Crusader
Hey, FoTi, long time no see!

Hope all is well.

Thanks for asking. :)

Yes...all is fine! I just don't come here much anymore.....just check in once in a while to see what might be happening as of late. Hoping that someday I'll check in here only to see that the COS finally died.

Elronius of Marcabia

I saw the touch assist only once; I was at EPF at that time.

A little girl got hit by the elevator door, her Mom was doing touch assist on her.

The girl was only 8, but she obeyed her Mom's commands like a good Scientologist would do.

The pain was eventually gone after 3 minutes of touch assist. Two EPFers were standing next to me, they reacted to the procedure as if it was some kind of miracle.

But I was not impressed; I thought that a simple rubbing of the skin would make the pain go away in less than a minute. There is a good reason for that -- the rubbing goes on without interruptions, but the touch assist is a series of touches and withdrawals, so it doesn't go on uninterrupted. These is a theory behind the skin rubbings, it says that the brain gets confused by various neuron signals, so it suppresses the pain.

My observation led me to conclusion that the touch assist works, although it is not the most effective way of ending the pain.

What do you think about the touch assist?

I think a Scooby Doo bandaid has greater power to heal and
my grandaughter swears by them and a better source and authority
than Dooktor WhoBird :thumbsup::coolwink:

Boojuum

I've given many, many TA's and they never got a rave OMG response, always tepid.

HOWEVER, I've received only a few and one of them blew my cold symptoms away, no doubt about it and shortened a typical two week long cold into a few hour ordeal. I had taken some zinc beforehand but I've never had a cold blow like it did during that session. That's the best result I've had for a TA.

So ? At least once they worked. I do body comms on my spouse and the seem to provide some relief but never anything staggering.