What's new

Escape from Scientology - The Peter Nyiri Story

CommunicatorIC

@IndieScieNews on Twitter
Escape from Scientology - The Peter Nyiri Story.

Tony Ortega, who posts in the Facebook group The Outer Banks (an Ex-SO group of 670 members), fully co-ordinated with Peter Nyiri and Karen De La Carriere to cover the story on The Undergroud Bunker.

Cross-posted with Karen's permission.

Tony Ortega: A new defector leaves Flag in dramatic fashion (2nd Item)

https://tonyortega.org/2017/09/02/l...o-find-scientologys-positive-side-and-failed/

3H3hto9.jpg

zsFZ6me.jpg

plGsDi4.jpg

vjLheDj.jpg

TUw2iDJ.jpg

OqItIsI.jpg

Karen#1

Gold Meritorious Patron
Escape from Scientology - The Peter Nyiri Story.

Tony Ortega, who posts in the Facebook group The Outer Banks (an Ex-SO group of 670 members), fully co-ordinated with Peter Nyiri and Karen De La Carriere to cover the story on The Undergroud Bunker.

Cross-posted with Karen's permission.
<snip>

Tony Ortega: A new defector leaves Flag in dramatic fashion (2nd Item)

It was an Escape from Freewinds which is very very rare. It is also a recent escape.
Peter is such a bad ass, not only did he blow the Sea org after 20 years IN, he did an interception of his wife Gabriella (airport) on her return to Freewinds
and got her right out of their clutches for indentured slavery.

(Gabriella was not allowed a day off because the day before she had only produced 7 hours of auditing in the chair, and the cult demanded 8 hours.)

She was a NOTS auditor, trained to class IX. So Freewinds lost a $1000 an hour *producer* due to Peter's brave efforts.:omg:

Last edited:

programmer_guy

True Ex-Scientologist

Many years ago I talked to an ex-SO on the phone who told me his story about his escape and that he had to go back with police to rescue his wife who was being held against her will.
(Sea Org staff = indentured slavery)

Edwardo, was that you who I talked to on the phone many years ago? It's been so long ago. (Keywords "Azusa", "shoe repair", "South America")

I don't mean to derail this thread. It's just something similar.

Last edited:

CommunicatorIC

@IndieScieNews on Twitter
It was an Escape from Freewinds which is very very rare. It is also a recent escape.
Peter is such a bad ass, not only did he blow the Sea org after 20 years IN, he did an interception of his wife Gabriella (airport) on her return to Freewinds
and got her right out of their clutches for indentured slavery.

(Gabriella was not allowed a day off because the day before she had only produced 7 hours of auditing in the chair, and the cult demanded 8 hours.)

She was a NOTS auditor, trained to class IX. So Freewinds lost a $1000 an hour *producer* due to Peter's brave efforts.:omg:
I just want to add that I strongly believe this is a MAJOR story that deserves attention from the media and the press, particularly given the allegations that agents of the Church of Scientology fraudulently and indeed feloniously accessessed Peter's credit card and other private information.

Edwardo

Patron with Honors
Edwardo, was that you who I talked to on the phone many years ago? It's been so long ago. (Keywords "Azusa", "shoe repair", "South America")

I'm sorry, that wasn't me on the phone.

I did blow a few times, but it usually just involved guiltily walking away, and then hoping no one noticed me walking to the train station or standing at the bus stop.

I really enjoy reading full blown escape stories like this one though. It's pretty exciting to see a new one.

Wilbur

Patron Meritorious
I'm just wondering what would happen if an SO member on the Freewinds suddenly made a resolute decision to get the hell out of there, and said so. They cart the SO member into an auditing room for a sec check. PC squeezes the cans and crushes them in his hands, then smashes the e-meter to pieces in front of the sec checker. Then just determinedly says, "give me my passport, and I leave quietly now, or keep me prisoner, and I'll go to the newspapers, TV, write a book, take legal action, the whole nine yards, once I get off this ship". Followed by co-operating with NOTHING. No signing of disclaimers, no going to the RPF, no doing a leaving staff routing form. Just zero cooperation, and maximal disruption (screaming, smashing things, and then going quiet and calmly asking for passport and exit from the ship).

And what about at Flag? Int?

I don't recall reading any stories of people doing that at the Ship, Flag or Int. Wouldn't it be a quicker approach than waiting for months for the right moment to escape, en route from FSSO to Flag, or on your way from Int to PAC on some mission?

Would they just give up, and kick you off the base, or would you be falsely imprisoned for months on end?

W.

ThetanExterior

Gold Meritorious Patron
I'm just wondering what would happen if an SO member on the Freewinds suddenly made a resolute decision to get the hell out of there, and said so. They cart the SO member into an auditing room for a sec check. PC squeezes the cans and crushes them in his hands, then smashes the e-meter to pieces in front of the sec checker. Then just determinedly says, "give me my passport, and I leave quietly now, or keep me prisoner, and I'll go to the newspapers, TV, write a book, take legal action, the whole nine yards, once I get off this ship". Followed by co-operating with NOTHING. No signing of disclaimers, no going to the RPF, no doing a leaving staff routing form. Just zero cooperation, and maximal disruption (screaming, smashing things, and then going quiet and calmly asking for passport and exit from the ship).

I don't recall reading any stories of people doing that at the Ship, Flag or Int. Wouldn't it be a quicker approach than waiting for months for the right moment to escape, en route from FSSO to Flag, or on your way from Int to PAC on some mission?

Would they just give up, and kick you off the base, or would you be falsely imprisoned for months on end?

W.

Presumably they would declare the SO member Type III PTS and put him/her in a locked room and begin the Introspection Rundown just like they did with Lisa McPherson.

RogerB

Crusader
I just want to add that I strongly believe this is a MAJOR story that deserves attention from the media and the press, particularly given the allegations that agents of the Church of Scientology fraudulently and indeed feloniously accessessed Peter's credit card and other private information.

Yes . . . it is something for those who have the facts to get active in making sure the financial institutions upon whom the frauds and crimes were committed to engage the relevant national and international bodies who need to pursue and prosecute the cult as a criminal organization for the above noted stunts.

And further, it strikes me that Peter and his wife would be well advised to press a complaint against the cult with the US authorities . . . I say this because, it will afford them protection from further harassment from the cult.

Enthetan

Master of Disaster

W.

Lisa McPherson went nuts like that on them. She died.

Edwardo

Patron with Honors
I really enjoyed reading Peter's story (terrible experiences make the best stories) and I hope he will be happy and successful in his new post-S.O. life.

There have been periods when many senior Scientologists left, and we got many observations of what was happening inside.

Recently, there haven't been as many (probably because the whole thing is grinding to a halt) and it would be good to hear Peter's observations.

Here are a few questions I have.

1. Is there any particular difference between the type of person joining staff/the S.O. now and 20 years ago?
2. In the last five years, how have things tightened up or gotten easier?
3. How is morale?
4. To what degree does anti-Scientology criticism intrude into the bubble?
5. To what degree are the staff aware of stat padding and false reports in Miscavige's event briefings?

Enthetan

Master of Disaster
I wonder if old-timers are afraid to mention how much more active things were 30-40 years ago, and mention that Scientology has actually shrunk tremendously since that time.

I wonder if they are allowed to talk about the days when ASHO actually had people doing the Briefing Course?

Wilbur

Patron Meritorious
I really enjoyed reading Peter's story (terrible experiences make the best stories) and I hope he will be happy and successful in his new post-S.O. life.

There have been periods when many senior Scientologists left, and we got many observations of what was happening inside.

Recently, there haven't been as many (probably because the whole thing is grinding to a halt) and it would be good to hear Peter's observations.

1. Is there any particular difference between the type of person joining staff/the S.O. now and 20 years ago?
3. How is morale?
5. To what degree are the staff aware of stat padding and false reports in Miscavige's event briefings?

I can answer number 5: To the degree that they are not braindead. It's not hard to see that the events are lies and smoke-and-mirrors. I cottoned on to this during the 'War is Over' event. I came out thinking "WTF was that about? Certainly not about Scientology."

Peter Nyiri

3. How is morale?
1. I think more younger people join and more foreigners like Russians.
2. Things keep getting tightened up. More demand.
3. Morale - depends where you are.
4. No. Forbidden.
5. Staff are only aware of the good, bad news is forbidden.
There is more stuff to read if you are interested...
https://seaorganization.org/leaving-scientology-waking-up-into-the-american-nightmare/