What's new

ESMB turns 5!

Div6

Crusader
:hug:

Happy Birthday ESMB! For all the lives you've touched, stories that have been told, friendships renewed or created anew....it's been a priceless experience!

THANK YOU EMMA!

Operating DB

Truman Show Dropout
I didn't forget that this anniversary was coming up.
Congratulations and Happy 5th anniversary!
Thanks for bringing ESMB about. This is my favorite anti-cult site and really the only one I visit on a daily basis.
I love the endless entertainment and keeping up with the cult's goings ons.
Party on Garth! Party on Wayne!

:cheers2:

Ok, now back to the Debbie Cook thread.......

Last edited:

Ogsonofgroo

Crusader
61f6121a-5f2f-4a02-a28f-17fede7bbd40.jpg

:woohoo: :party: :party:

Thank You Emma for all you have done!~ :rose: & :cheers:

:bighug:

paradox

ab intra silentio vera
It almost seems unimportant given the current goings on, but I promised myself I would not forget this year.

Today is ESMB's 5th birthday!!!

If one human year = 7 dog years, how you you measure message board years? (It feels like 50!) :biggrin:

You have to use LRH-math exponential tech. Paul can help you with that. :p

Bappy Hirthday and All the Bestest from Texas Emma and ESMBers.

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
Today is ESMB's 5th birthday!!!

If one human year = 7 dog years, how you you measure message board years? (It feels like 50!) :biggrin:

You have to use LRH-math exponential tech. Paul can help you with that. :p

Ah. Well, "dog years" are computed by taking the average lifetime of a dog in comparison to that of a human. Roughly, a human lives 70 years and a dog 10 years, meaning the factor is 7.

So what is the average lifetime of an Internet message board? Hard to say. Per the Internet Archive FAQ, "the average life of a Web page is only 77 days if no effort is made to preserve it." I remember starting a message board once but closed it down after a week or two. I can't find a well-researched answer anywhere, so I will just take that "77 days" as it has a nice ring to it.

So that means 77 message-board days = 70 human years. 5 x 365 message-board days = 5*365*70/77 human years = 1659 human years.

In LRH trillions-based math, "trillions 2" = trillions of trillions (10^24) years ago. In his nomenclature 10^24 = tr^2. So 1659 years ago? What is the logarithm of 1659 to base 10^12? (Did I get that right? I haven't done this for 40 years.) Well, I think I'll retire gracefully at this point. Maybe someone else can come up with the right tr^.000000004 etc. answer. :)

Paul

paradox

ab intra silentio vera
Ah. Well, "dog years" are computed by taking the average lifetime of a dog in comparison to that of a human. Roughly, a human lives 70 years and a dog 10 years, meaning the factor is 7.

So what is the average lifetime of an Internet message board? Hard to say. Per the Internet Archive FAQ, "the average life of a Web page is only 77 days if no effort is made to preserve it." I remember starting a message board once but closed it down after a week or two. I can't find a well-researched answer anywhere, so I will just take that "77 days" as it has a nice ring to it.

So that means 77 message-board days = 70 human years. 5 x 365 message-board days = 5*365*70/77 human years = 1659 human years.

In LRH trillions-based math, "trillions 2" = trillions of trillions (10^24) years ago. In his nomenclature 10^24 = tr^2. So 1659 years ago? What is the logarithm of 1659 to base 10^12? (Did I get that right? I haven't done this for 40 years.) Well, I think I'll retire gracefully at this point. :)

Paul

Tole' you so, Ems. :yes:

afaceinthecrowd

Gold Meritorious Patron
Congratulations Emma and all Y'all. :clap:

There will never be the words to properly express my appreciation of Emma and ESMB and how much being here means to me. :thumbsup:

Face :)

Smilla

Ordinary Human
Congratulation Emma, it's a great thing you've done, and lots of people have been helped just because you had a brilliant idea and the guts to put it into action. Many thanks from me.

:heartflower:

Kookaburra

Gold Meritorious Patron

<snip>
Paul

OMG! No wonder Emma feels tired! :lol:

Happy Birthday, ESMB!

:party: :cake:

And thank-you Emma! :kiss: :cheers2:

RogerB

Crusader
Congrats, Emms.

I know how much sweat, blood and tears doing what you've done for the ESMB family has cost you . . . and I also know how much joy it has given you to see what it has accomplished.

You are to be applauded for your accomplishment; and the joy you see on ESMB's 5th birthday is a just reward for you.

You are truly loved by many.

RogerB