Exit from PAC BASE - PART 1

Discussion in 'Leaving Scientology' started by 8-8008ASHO, Mar 7, 2016.

View Users: View Users
  1. Anonycat

Anonycat Crusader

Thank you, 8-8, great thread.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2016
  2. Anonycat

Anonycat Crusader

There are REFUND threads that do give good advice.

3. DagwoodGum

DagwoodGum Odds Are, Therefore I Am, I Think. Goody Gum Drops

Cool, I'll check it out.

4. Helena Handbasket

Helena Handbasket Gold Meritorious Patron

Yes, but only a few are kept locked up over a longish period of time. They are the examples for most of the near-apostates who are easily intimidated and swiftly brought back into line.

Helena

5. 8-8008ASHO

8-8008ASHO Patron

No there were no showers in the basement... They were on the 4th or 6/7th floor.

6. 8-8008ASHO

8-8008ASHO Patron

Why not, going over Part II :
    When I left, I had nothing except $500 which was given by the Co$ :) My family paid for my plane ticket, I was living at my mother's place for 6 months. I got a laptop from one of my family member... I had nothing, did not know what to do except reconnecting to my family. I had been pretending to work to salvage this society, this world :) :duh:
    Then I started to meet some people, nice people, real people with their head on their shoulders ! It was finally fun to be with REAL people !
    One of them asked me what I wanted to do, I was not sure and she gave me some ideas... Oh ! WOG knew what to say :clap: in fact Scientology is sooo much into their stuff that they forget that some REAL people exist.
    Then I trained for 2 years in a domain I did not know. It was fun... I found a job to get this training into practice. I love it and my boss was pleased with my work.
    In between, I got some email from CJC WUS asking me where I was standing with my A to E steps. I answered him... and it was going nowhere. I managed to get in communication with my ex wife who wanted to help me and to get through my A to E steps. I was happy to speak to her. Even if she was my ex wife, she was a very good friend.
    I went on the internet to found some old friend and found this website. My old login is 8-8008 :) euh !!! I lost my password and also the password for the email address I used for this website... And why now I am 8-8008ASHO :) :yes:
    I found some friends here... I travelled back to the US to meet those people. It was fun.
    I then decided to write a doubt condition and decided I was not part of this Co$ bullshit management. I mentionned it to my ex wife who disconnected from me. My kid disconnected from me, others did too.
    I wrote to CJC and told him the same.
    I found more friends on the internet whom I am in communication with.
    I found some people who are still in Scientology and they were so happy to have some news but the EO found out they were in communication with me so they disconnected because they were told to do so BUT wished they could still speak to me.
    In the meantime, as I mentionned it earlier in this thread, found a new girlfriend, got a little one who is now 4 years old, great job, bought a house... and travelling... and the BEST reconnected with the entire family and we are soooo happy, enjoying life.
    If anyone of you want to come over, in Europe, let me know, we can meet, make BBQ, visit stuff...
    Have fun and enjoy LIFE :happydance::happydance:

Well I thought about writing a book or few ones :) My experience in Scn, connected with Exec, reges, IAS... could be fun to write about. Well would take too much time ! Maybe get a blog... Will see with time !!!

7. Anonycat

Anonycat Crusader

Said the entire executive strata never. Seen Heber lately? As I recall, Rinder said there were as many as 100 people in the Hole.

8. Anonycat

Anonycat Crusader

I think a book (or a few) is a great idea. Also, I would love to come to Europe for a BBQ lunch! :)

9. DagwoodGum

DagwoodGum Odds Are, Therefore I Am, I Think. Goody Gum Drops

The only executive "strata" that I had any respect for was the old school guys and gals from the 50's and 60's where one got ahead due to proving their competence as an auditor/CS, like in the days of Rocky Stump. classic name by the way.
    The weasels at the top now are people who took control in back room mutinee's, cons and slap downs.
    The new public also was from a much more WOG class of mud dweller who got in not because they were expanding their horizons from other occult, meditation and self-help backgrounds but rather because they allowed themselves to be other determined and body routed in and never seemed to be entirely sure why they were there, they only knew that they were lead there and so there they were...
    It sucked to have to interact with many of them, seemed like a bunch of db's to me, and many proved they were exactly that.
    Out of this pool came the group at the top now including DM who seems to have stepped right out of an episode of "The Bowery Boys" as Satch's junior high dropout cousin "Itch".

10. TheOriginalBigBlue

TheOriginalBigBlue Gold Meritorious Patron

Oh, how curious. The Morgue showers were actually quite excellent! The Complex tunnels were used as a human holding facility for RPF, RPF’s RPF and even the much lesser known RPF’s RPF’s RPF almost from day one. I wonder if the subject of the Morgue has become one of the many things censored among the crew? Did you know the Morgue existed or was it just off limits?

Were the showers you used in Leb Hall or Main? Traditionally the upper floors of both buildings were used as RPF berthing, probably just because its more stairs to climb.

I find it interesting that so much emphasis is place upon getting a person to extrovert, get those anchor points way out there, when they need to be handled but when it comes to routing out of the Sea Org the natural instinct is - its off to the tunnels.

11. 8-8008ASHO

8-8008ASHO Patron

:happydance:Well send me a PM and your flight informations :):)

For the books, well a waste of time + I would need a proofreader and writer... :) English is not my first language :) Or maybe get a blog = get all my stuff reading (offline = website under construction) or a bit part and then decide to put it on line to create a BOOM !

Last edited: Mar 9, 2016
  12. 8-8008ASHO

8-8008ASHO Patron

Well, when I was there, no showers in the tunnels + the RPF were not there neither. They moved fews times. Leb Hall and then in the main building. Well yes, in the SO (I don't know about staff in CLASS V Org), it is made so difficult to get out, and when you do, you feel like the worst Piece of SH... but if you are not connected to them, you can disconnect with a bit a time and do well. This is what happened to me and I am pleased with it... despite the fact that I cannot speak with my kid anymore. I know she loves me and she knows I do too. I hope with time, she will get out and get back in communication. I tried to get data from the inside. I got some, a little bit, Apparently she is OK... Hopefully not only from the outside and also from the inside.

13. 8-8008ASHO

8-8008ASHO Patron

The one I really like was .... well I don't remember her name... I think the last name was MURPHY or something like that. She was Field Exec Int at some point in the 90's... I had lots of exchange with her. Great person, caring, wanting to help staff member... Then she went OFF, and I met her afterwards in PAC BASE. She had done the RPF and was posted in PAC.
    Also ED INT, Guillaume LESEVRE. I met him few times in PAC and we spoke few times. Also great person, granting importance to people, staff member, SO Member... Also met him in the ASHO EU and UK during events. I like him.

14. AnonyMary

AnonyMary Formerly Fooled - Finally Free

I don't want to derail this thread but I feel compelled to respond on the above
    DagwoodGum, I chuckled at your comment because anyone who was ever in Scientology would know that they keep records and do their best to try and track you down, no matter what org you went to.

There are too many stories on the internet mentioning this and asking how to get off the mailing list, even after having bought a copy of DMSMH. They send mail to places one once lived and will continue to do so even if asked off.

They also keep your ethics and PC folders, which I presume you had. So they know you, even if they have not reached you because of moves and such over the last 30 years.

All names and last known addresses are kept, going back more than 30 years, and updated by use of cheap $10 search companies. The chances of you not being listed is slim to none if you did services and bought materials. I had to threaten having my attorney contact them if they failed to take me off the main central files list ( resulting in my getting mail from over 8 different church orgs and entities ).
    But just because you don't hear from them does not mean they don't have your name on record. As far as refunds, do search as was suggested but they stopped giving them a few years ago because too many requests came in. Search, find and read up on the Garcia v Church of Scientology lawsuit and you will see the problem and how the church has evolved in avoiding any responsibility for anything by use of the corporate religious veil.

15. AnonyMary

AnonyMary Formerly Fooled - Finally Free

8-8008ASHO, thank you so much for sharing your exit story! Your point by point relaying of what happened really stands out for me as one of the more powerful statements made of the experience. It's got human trafficking and prisoner of war elements that just cannot be denied. I'm sorry about the disconnection with your daughter. Hoping she someday leaves the mindset and confines of this cult.

Congratulations on escaping and rising above it all, despite the hardships and sacrifices. :thumbsup:

Looking forward to reading more.

~ Mary

16. WildKat

WildKat Gold Meritorious Patron

Thanks for this. You sound well informed. Do you know the exact reference on when it is OK for CF to take a person off the mailing list? I would like to see the policy if you, or anyone here, knows the wording or has a copy. I'm hoping to see a scan if it is somewhere on line but I don't know where to begin to look.

17. 8-8008ASHO

8-8008ASHO Patron

No problem, this thread is not yet "derailed" :whistling::coolwink:

To add : Basically, when you buy a book, your name is recorded in their Central File. If the book is bought in a group or mission, the name is giving to the local org (if there is one :p) to count in their statistic. Then the org sends those date to the International Central File location on Hollywoord Boulevard. + If the person ends up doing a down payment for the purification rundown, this one is then "reaching for major services". Cool !!! The ASHO, AO, FSO now can get this name and put it in their Central Files. They will send you their MAGS + the one of the local + the one of the mission + all the advertissment possible from the Co$.

OK, now you want to get your name of the list... Quite a problem = you change it at the local mission but they don't give it to the local Org. The local org may get that resquest "Get me out of your mailing list" but don't turn it IN to the Int Central file so you still get mails. + let's say you moved to another city, they will get data from paying software to recover your mailing address... BUT WAIT the data are not not synchronized between all orgs... so you want out but some orgs don't know about it and will still send you mail... + they have soooo much backlogged that to get to your request in their backlog, it may take 1 year or more or never :)

SO ..... a nightmare !

18. Victoria

Victoria Patron Meritorious

I took almost thirty years, I now seem to be removed from all lists.

I started trying to save the poor members that called me. (Most of them seemed unhappy and willing to listen.)

Also, when they sent me promo I either posted it online or if free return postage, I would send them information from the outside world.

After avoiding them and demanding to be removed, for decades, now that I am open somewhat to communication, denada.

19. TheOriginalBigBlue

TheOriginalBigBlue Gold Meritorious Patron

It sounds like the Morgue is closed off and purposefully being relegated to the memory of old timers. Yes, you are made to feel like you are letting all your close comrades down, but there are more out here now than not. The church seems to be doing everything possible to alienate people and shrink the membership so there is much hope for your daughter.

20. Helena Handbasket

Helena Handbasket Gold Meritorious Patron

There is an ASK OFF PL but the upshot of it is that the person must have some interest in the subject otherwise they would just quietly ignore the advertising. The policy is then to send EVEN MORE promo. A much better choice would be the DEAD FILE PL where you send them a nasty, critical letter and they "punish" you by "taking away your eternity".

Helena