What's new

Father heavily involved in Scientology jumped in front of train after hearing voices

CommunicatorIC

@IndieScieNews on Twitter
Father 'heavily involved in Scientology' jumped in front of train after hearing voices.

Get West London: Father 'heavily involved in Scientology' jumped in front of train after hearing voices telling him 'he was going to hell', court hears

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/news...-heavily-involved-scientology-jumped-12410671

* * * * * BEGIN EXCERPT * * * * *

Father 'heavily involved in Scientology' jumped in front of train after hearing voices telling him 'he was going to hell', court hears

Peter Docherty was found dead at Ealing Broadway station on January 7 2015 after saying he did not feel safe going home from hospital, the court heard

By David Rivers

16:48, 5 JAN 2017 Updated 16:53, 5 JAN 2017

[SNIP]

Mr Docherty was heavily interested in Scientology, giving money and working for them for free, the court was told.

A statement from his ex-wife, Julie Docherty, read out in court said: "He became involved in Scientology, I felt he changed after he became involved in Scientology.

"He said he wanted Marc to get involved I said I didn't want this.

"He started getting paranoid. Leaflets were left on the floor.

"He spent a lot of at the Solace Centre.

"I never thought he would step in front of a train.

"Next thing I heard was that he had stepped in front of a train.

"He gave money to Scientology and said he would work with them without pay.

"The voices were about him being evil and the things he had done - voices told him he was going to hell."

His sister, Nancy Docherty, said: "He was heavily involved in Scientology, for more than 10 years.

"He gave up his job so he could hand out newspapers for them."

The 54-year-old was hit by a train travelling at 100mph, Gary Mathias, from British Transport Police said.

* * * * * END EXCERPT * * * * *

PirateAndBum

Gold Meritorious Patron
Re: Father heavily involved in Scientology jumped in front of train after hearing voi

Another tragic story of untreated schizophrenia due to belief in Scientology's claims for having the only solutions. :angry:

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
Re: Father heavily involved in Scientology jumped in front of train after hearing voi

Another tragic story of untreated schizophrenia due to belief in Scientology's claims for having the only solutions. :angry:

I believe some people have developed schizophrenia as a result of scientology. Here's a possible example...

Yesterday on Rinder's blog a commenter mentioned what had happened to his ex-wife 'Likky' who had been a member of the Incredible String Band.
(I previously posted about her over here)

Another commenter responded with this:

fromcleartoinsanity says January 5, 2017 at 2:15 pm

Hi Brian. I am so sorry for what you went through and for what happened to Likki. <3 I hope we get to hear the whole story at some point.
My mother also went psychotic (ended up with a diagnosis of schizophrenia) on the upper levels after 20 years in and didn't recover. So our family learned 1st hand that Scientology can do permanent & irreversible damage. Sending you love & support. <3

Knows

Gold Meritorious Patron

Father 'heavily involved in Scientology' jumped in front of train after hearing voices.

Get West London: Father 'heavily involved in Scientology' jumped in front of train after hearing voices telling him 'he was going to hell', court hears

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/news...-heavily-involved-scientology-jumped-12410671

* * * * * BEGIN EXCERPT * * * * *

Father 'heavily involved in Scientology' jumped in front of train after hearing voices telling him 'he was going to hell', court hears

Peter Docherty was found dead at Ealing Broadway station on January 7 2015 after saying he did not feel safe going home from hospital, the court heard

By David Rivers

16:48, 5 JAN 2017 Updated 16:53, 5 JAN 2017

[SNIP]

Mr Docherty was heavily interested in Scientology, giving money and working for them for free, the court was told.

A statement from his ex-wife, Julie Docherty, read out in court said: "He became involved in Scientology, I felt he changed after he became involved in Scientology.

"He said he wanted Marc to get involved I said I didn't want this.

"He started getting paranoid. Leaflets were left on the floor.

"He spent a lot of at the Solace Centre.

"I never thought he would step in front of a train.

"Next thing I heard was that he had stepped in front of a train.

"He gave money to Scientology and said he would work with them without pay.

"The voices were about him being evil and the things he had done - voices told him he was going to hell."

His sister, Nancy Docherty, said: "He was heavily involved in Scientology, for more than 10 years.

"He gave up his job so he could hand out newspapers for them."

The 54-year-old was hit by a train travelling at 100mph, Gary Mathias, from British Transport Police said.

* * * * * END EXCERPT * * * * *

So sad....Scientology KILLS

He was not 'going to hell' - he WAS IN HELL!

I recall getting delusional when I did months and months of TR's - I was hallucinating and thinking it was some type of "spiritual progress"

The TR's are nothing new to the World - but ole Tubb's capitalized on the phenomena of the mind.

This is addressed in Buddhism.

Mediation is one of the oldest forms of practice and ole criminal Hubbard used the phenomena to sell his snake oil.

Knows

Gold Meritorious Patron

I believe some people have developed schizophrenia as a result of scientology. Here's a possible example...

Yesterday on Rinder's blog a commenter mentioned what had happened to his ex-wife 'Likky' who had been a member of the Incredible String Band.
(I previously posted about her over here)

Another commenter responded with this:

YES!! In fact, my friend was diagnosed with Schizophrenia when he was admitted to a hospital after getting involved with Scientology. He went psychotic for a while.

He got out and is doing perfectly fine now, thank you Xenu!

We studied the side effects of Scientology and it can cause an "identity crisis" as people lose their identities. It overloads the mind with wrong and confusing information.

SCIENTOLOGY KILLS!

WildKat

Gold Meritorious Patron

I notice things like this... sub-head says he was found dead January 7, 2015. I'm sure it was meant to say January 5, 2017.

Anybody besides me notice journalism these days is really sloppy? Typos in headlines and first sentences.

Yeah, I know, not the important point of the article.

George Layton

Silver Meritorious Patron

I notice things like this... sub-head says he was found dead January 7, 2015. I'm sure it was meant to say January 5, 2017.

Anybody besides me notice journalism these days is really sloppy? Typos in headlines and first sentences.

Maybe there is a scientologist plant in there intentionally making mistakes. scientology-Misinforming everyone on every subject for over 60 years.

phenomanon

Canyon

Maybe there is a scientologist plant in there intentionally making mistakes. scientology-Misinforming everyone on every subject for over 60 years.

putting a lie in it will cause it to persist.

prosecco

Patron Meritorious

No, it's 2015, as the witnesses are only now giving evidence in court.

That aspect was not suspect.

What was weird was the Transport Police saying he was hit by a train travelling 100 mph in Ealing Broadway.

I go fairly regularly to London and back by train on that exact route, and rather unusual to have a train managing to get to that speed.

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire

What was weird was the Transport Police saying he was hit by a train travelling 100 mph in Ealing Broadway.

I go fairly regularly to London and back by train on that exact route, and rather unusual to have a train managing to get to that speed.

A misquoted 100 kph (62 mph) perhaps?

Paul