Finally out. Still fighting.

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Isy, Jul 24, 2018.

View Users: View Users
  1. Terril park

Terril park Sponsor

When it first came out it included admin TRs. Perhaps
    it still does.

2. Isy

Isy Patron

Sure TRs. But TRs are necessary no matter what kind of session. Also for the Hubbard Dianetics Auditor...

Did you guys all lose your friends? Some of you still connected with Scn people?

3. Lurker5

Lurker5 Gold Meritorious Patron

:welcome: Isy. :bighug:

4. Terril park

Terril park Sponsor

I'm a Freezone or independent scientologist opposed so
    abuses of COS am connected to many like minded people
    only one of which was a friend when I was in COS.

These drills have a different purpose than training for auditing skills.

"The Drills are run with Tone 40 (intention without reservation) which does not necessarily
    imply volume.
    The Purpose of These TRs: To train the student to get compliance with, and complete
    a cycle of action on administrative actions and orders, in spite of the randomities, confusions, "

https://stss.nl/stss-materials/Engl...W_CR_Professional_Course_Supervisor__HPCS.pdf

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • List
  5. Wilbur

Wilbur Patron with Honors

The tech volumes are locked in a closet? Sounds like the organisation is in terror.

6. Wilbur

Yeah. I heard that the undercut preparatory process is "Give me your wallet. Thank you!" run repetitively to EP. Followed by "Look around here and tell me your credit card number". And "Tell me a bank account number that you are withholding". Finally, "From where could you communicate to an insolvency practitioner?"

ETA: And the special case-cracker rundown question: "Look around here and tell me something the IAS can have".

Last edited: Jul 25, 2018
    • LOL LOL x 6
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  7. Wilbur

Most of my friends left at around the same time. Some hung on for a while and then left. Lots of them had a look at the OT levels online after they went out the door, which made it nigh-on impossible for them to go back in and do OT levels.

• LOL LOL x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • For you For you x 1
    • List
  8. Isy

Isy Patron

Do you know anything about the OT III Firewall Xenu shit??? I asked once but just get the answer that Ron wrote all this Sci-fi books and the Wogs mess it up ..

• Thanks Thanks x 2
    • LOL LOL x 1
    • List
  9. Wilbur

Yes. After I left I read them all. OT I (various versions, as it has changed over time); OT II and III. The full NOTS pack (OT V - VII). Clearing Course. Power and Power Plus. R6EW. The Class 8 tapes. Etc, etc. You can get it all if you look hard enough on the net. I audited a lot of this stuff on myself also, which really freed me from the idea that I would need to go back in the CoS. I know some will frown at me for that - most of us on this board have, over time, come to regard the OT levels as bullshit. But for someone who is still chasing the OT dream, it can be quite therapeutic to realise that the church doesn't have a monopoly on your spiritual freedom. Even those who still believe in (freezone) Scientology will mostly admit that the Hubbard OT levels don't lead where Hubbard claimed they led. I don't think there are many (any?) who are claiming they are stably exterior with full perception.

Someone did a whole pack of the OT levels which they called "Tech Volume XIII" (or something like that). There was even a website that had HUNDREDS AND HUNDREDS of Hubbard's tapes that you could download, years ago. It basically had everything, including the Class VIII tapes. That's probably not there any more. But I'm sure they can all be found, if you look hard enough.

Anyway, it sounds like you've broken the spell of the secretiveness of OTIII, at least. It's very helpful to read the OT levels when you leave, in my opinion, as it gets rid of the mystery, and the idea that the CoS has a monopoly over your salvation.

• Like Like x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Love Love x 1
    • List
  10. Wilbur

It's beginning to sound like the old version of the HQS course, which had SOS as the first book to read, included lots of TRs (perhaps including the upper indoc TRs), and also included objectives co-audit. This was a long, tough course to study. It was replaced with a "based-on-the-works-of" type new HQS course, which had a more modern-looking course pack, but basically had nothing in it. Presumably the rationale was that the old HQS was too difficult for someone who hadn't yet done the Student Hat. But it sounds like the Survival RD is basically a re-release of that, under a different name. SP transcriptionist errors, and back again, on a 25-year cycle. I wonder when they are going to re-release Dianetics Today.

Has the TRs and Objectives co-audit course been replaced by the SRD then?

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • List
  11. Wilbur

The funny thing is, during my early stages in Scientology, when I wavered and temporarily went off-lines, I read a book called "Inside Scientology: How I joined Scientology and became superhuman" by Robert Kaufman. He included a description of what OTIII was about. It apparently went completely over my head, because when I went back into Scientology, I still had no idea what OTIII was about.

12. Veda

Veda Sponsor

As a "public person" were you dissuaded from reading the Internet?

Another question: What did you know of Scientology before becoming involved?

It was always interesting to me that people (including myself) were exposed to negative stories about Scientology and yet still became involved.

My conclusion, after leaving Scientology, was that the negative stories did not always effectively inoculate (sometimes quite intelligent) people from involvement.

Scientology has a long history of breaking up families and destroying friendships.

However, most people eventually leave Scientology and old family relationships and friendships can sometimes be reestablished... sometimes.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • LOL LOL x 1
    • List
  13. Wilbur

When I was in, we were told that we could achieve stable exteriorisation from the body, and recall of past lives, as well as things like telepathy, through the OT levels. When OTs gave success stories, they would routinely state or imply that they had achieved magical abilities like this. I remember one OTV told me that she had 360-degree vision after doing up to OTV. Another one told me that he didn't feel like he needed to sleep. And there were stories from people who worked around OTVIIs about them reading their minds.

I read somewhere that more recently, the OTVIIs at Flag were saying stuff like "Exteriorise from the body? Why would you want to do that?" So I'm wondering, what is the current line that is being taken on OT abilities in the Church? Are they watering it down? Sidestepping the whole issue? What are the abilities that are being discussed around the OT levels now? Is it all just about "I'm so much more able to make money to donate for my next IAS Status"? Are people even bothered about their OT levels now? Or has it just become an IAS status club?

14. phenomanon

phenomanon Canyon

I delivered 4 complete SRD Rundowns.
    There were beloved objective processes on SRD from Creation of Human Ability ( COHA).
    I have a copy of that R/D in my files.
    I'm pretty sure the checksheet for SRD course is on the 'net.
    I thought it was a great rundown. Helped peeps get their 'mest' straightened out, put order into their environment.
    I think that you might have to have me to deliver it to you for it to be fun and helpful, though.:neener::neener:
    Sometimes ma "win" for one guy is b/s for another. A lot of "gains" depends on where you start from, I mean, you wouldn't think that an OT would live like a pig, so
    go figure:carryon:

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • List
  15. TheOriginalBigBlue

TheOriginalBigBlue Gold Meritorious Patron

16. pineapple

pineapple Patron Meritorious

17. pineapple

pineapple Patron Meritorious

Excellent book. Considered the most heinous of anti-scn books when I was in. Scios where I was stole this from the public library and destroyed it. (I heard it from a guy who did it, for the GO, what we called OSA then.) I only read it for the first time a few years ago.
    https://www.cs.cmu.edu/~dst/Library/Shelf/kaufman/isd/isd.htm

Kaufman garbles the details a little, but that's understandable, as he was working from memory and was in a highly "enturbulated" state at the time. He bogged on OT III, got routed onto SHSBC as a fix, and then blew St. Hill.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2018
    • Thanks Thanks x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  18. Victoria

Victoria Patron Meritorious

It really sounds like the same SRD that was all the rage in the early 80’s.
    I think it disappeared for a while and then came back.
    Ridiculously long course requiring a twin all the way through. (8months-one year).
    One was just lucky if they could find another person willing to hang in for that amount of time because there was such a mass exodus occurring at that time.

Welcome to the forum!

19. Isy

Isy Patron

I'm pretty sure it is the same thing. They told us that this is a 100% original material from Ron. This time 100% clear and no changes ever again. Now Scientology is perfect and we were all starting in a completely new Era of knowledge and success. We gonna make new OTs every ten seconds. New ORGs all over the planet ....
    So they renewed the old stuff ... Again... No one could answer my question why nobody knew this three years earlier when I had to pay the second time for the objectives ....

20. Veda

Veda Sponsor

Hubbard's "tech" output diminished drastically around the time that, for medical reasons, he (largely) curtailed his use of various psychoactive substance. This was in the early 1970s.

Drugs and alcohol were how he "rose above the bank."

After the early I970s, most "new" material was the result of tech aides, or Senior Case Supervisor International at the time, David Mayo.

The current "New OT 8" was assembled from old material by Ray Mitthoff.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2018
    • Thanks Thanks x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List