What's new

Former employees sue Judy Nagengast for pro-Scientology religious discrimination

CommunicatorIC

@IndieScieNews on Twitter
Former employees sue Judy Nagengast for pro-Scientology religious employment discrimination.

The Herald Bulletin: Former Continental Design employee files lawsuit alleging religious discrimination

http://www.heraldbulletin.com/news/...cle_7a548d23-9f81-5882-b9f1-c7cb8dbb00ea.html

* * * * * BEGIN EXCERPT * * * * *

Former Continental Design employee files lawsuit alleging religious discrimination

Quality manager says he was forced to take classes in Scientology

By Stuart Hirsch | The Herald Bulletin 9 hrs ago

ANDERSON — A local businesswoman is under fire for alleged religious discrimination and unlawful retaliation, wrongful discharge, and breach of contract in her dealings with two former employees.

Those allegations are the basis of a lawsuit filed against Judy Nagengast last week in the Darke County (Ohio) Court of Common Pleas Civil Division by Paul and Chelsea Wysong, of Palestine, Ohio.

Nagengast is the president and chief executive officer of Anderson-based Continental Design Co. Inc., which operates several business divisions including staffing, quality control, and specialty LED lighting.

Wysong joined the company working as a quality control manager in July 2016, according to the legal compaint; his wife, Chelsea, began working for the company in October 2014. Both were fired Dec. 29.

Wysong earned $80,000 per year, plus certain bonuses and commission on sales.

According to the complaint, “he was required by Ms. Nagengast to participate in Scientology religious practices, such as audits, made to partake in Scientology training, was given numerous pieces of Scientology literature and instructed to attend Scientology courses at locations in California, Indiana and Florida.”

The Wysongs, who identified themselves as Christians, said in the complaint, “Ms. Nagengast’s conduct in imposing her religion of Scientology on Mr. Wysong was unwelcome and created a hostile work environment for Mr. Wysong.”

* * * * * END EXCERPT * * * * *

As noted by The Wrong Guy on WWP, Judy Nagengast donated $35,000 to Scientology for its Super Power building.

Last edited:

JustSheila

Crusader
Yay! I hope there's a flood of lawsuits from people who saw the A&E show and it wipes Scientology right off the beach!

tsunami.jpg

CommunicatorIC

GoFundMe: Fired For Refusing Scientology by Paul Wysong & Family

GoFundMe: Fired For Refusing Scientology by Paul Wysong & Family

https://www.gofundme.com/370juxs

T1ajFXJ.jpg

I was the President of Continental Inc. located in Anderson, Indiana up until last week. The CEO (Judy Nagengast) was forcing me to take Scientology classes and fill out Scientology forms as a daily part of my duties and on top of this, she rebuffed on two of our written, signed agreements due to the fact that I, "hadn't completed my training courses" which were no part of the signed agreements. As of 12/23/16 I'd had enough of the abuse from her and the other scientologist within her company, so I hired an attorney. The next business day after I hired an attorney and filed an EEOC claim against my employer, they retaliated by firing me, my wife and my friend who also worked for the company (although neither of them filed suit). I've seen it first hand...not a pretty religion and they have NO regard for honesty, truthfulness, family or honor.The CEO went so far as to "audit" me and considered my dead father a "suppressive personality" in my life and told me I should no longer visit his grave. This is only a portion of my personal story.We are now a family of five with zero income and no insurance coverage and I'm afraid of what the next few months hold for my family and I. I'm a prideful man so starting this page is emotionally painful for me but many others have suggested I do so. Any donations received will go towards living and legal expenses while we fight this battle and search for new jobs. Thanks in advance for your consideration!Best regards, Paul Wysong and family.

Update 1

Posted by Paul Wysong & Family
1 day ago

As of Jan 31st, our former employer has countersued me. Now we need to pay a Civil Defense Lawyer to defend us in the State of Indiana, Madison County for Continental v. Wysong as well.

The scientology based owners are doing their best to attack me and burden me with financial hardship so I'll be forced to drop the original suit filed against them in Darke County, OH.

CommunicatorIC

Recent Glassdoor review of Continental (Indiana).

https://www.glassdoor.com.au/Overview/Working-at-Continental-Indiana-EI_IE826626.11,30.htm

"Stay clear"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee

Doesn't Recommend
Negative Outlook
Disapproves of CEO

I have been working at Continental (Indiana) full-time (More than a year)

Pros

None that I can readily think of.

Cons

No bereavement pay as the owners are hardcore scientologist. Forced Scientology training on numerous staff and even start off almost every interview with the standard "IQ Test" (aka: scientologist personality test). Promise of bonuses to multiple staff but by the time accounting is done manipulating the numbers the bonus paid is nowhere near what is actually owed.

Advice to Management

Shut the doors.

CommunicatorIC

PODCAST: Chris C [@MiamiSixthMan] of Come Get Sum [@CGSHere] talks with Paul Wysong about his lawsuit for pro-Scientology religious employment discrimination PLUS interview of Aaron Smith-Levin [@GrowingupinSCN] about Scientology and the Aftermath .

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/cgshere/2017/02/24/come-get-some-extra-scientology-aaron-smith-levin-p1

* * * * * BEGIN INTRODUCTION * * * * *

Today's show starts with a conversation with Paul Wysong (A man allegedly (I believe him) fired for not becoming a Scientologist) at his WISE company job. Due to pending legal hearings this conversation is kept rather vague but I match his claims with several other claims just like his!

Aaaron Smith-Levin (As seen on Scientology: Aftermath and his Youtube Channel: Growning Up In Scientology) talks about being on aftermath, How leaving Scientology has been a positive for him, Disconnection and much more!!

What is a WISE Company and why are they making employees become Scientologists? Why was Aaron's wife, who is already declared a SP, not on Aftermath? Are SP's doomed to roam the Earth unclear? Find out the answers to these questions and much more on Friday's edition of Come Get Sum!!!!

Pauls's Email

[email protected]

@GrowingupinSCN

* * * * * END INTRODUCTION * * * * *

Last edited: