What's new

From Cradle to Slave: Nora Crest talks about Scientology and sex

strativarius

Inveterate gnashnab & snoutband
^^^^ Ok, thanks! I know who she is now. :biggrin:

I prefer Shelly, who looks a bit like Mary Sue in a weird sort of way. I most certainly would anyway... :biggrin:

attachment.php

shelly.jpg

Enthetan

Master of Disaster
Then maybe we should lay the blame for this at Shelly's door. He can't get any, and if he can't, then he doesn't want anybody else to get any either.

Perhaps his next ruling will be that all SO members are to be celibate.

Just a thought.

There are rumors that this may already be the case.

On the BackInComm blog, one author writes:

My journey out of the church began in 2006/7. I was becoming increasingly unhappy with the state of things and once I started acknowledging outpoints they became so much easier to see.

One of these was the seemingly intentional and habitual separation of Sea Org spouses from each other. Either the husband or wife was sent on lengthy missions or one partner was transferred to a different post (sometimes this could even mean a different geographical location). This resulted in minimal or no access to each other for weeks/months and in some cases, years at a time.

(snip)

In early 2000 I became aware that Sea Org members were having to get permission from CMO to marry, particularly where one partner was in CMO. CMO personnel were heavily discouraged from starting relationships with people outside CMO and often marriages of such were disapproved. There are numerous accounts from former Int members that Miscavige eventually banned all marriages at the Int Base.

If you can only have sex within marriage, and you can't get married (or, if married, your spouse is sent elsewhere), then you are effectively in enforced celibacy.

Enthetan

Master of Disaster
I was public after 1982 and left in 1991. I never heard of these draconian rules.
Maybe unlikely as it sounds UK was a liberal Scn area?

In the mid-1980's I was living with the woman who I would eventually marry. I had a Sea Org member come up to me and criticize me for us living together. He cited an FO. I said if LRH wanted that FO to apply to non-SO, he would have made it an HCOPL. He was still unhappy.

Around that same time, two staff members in the org were living together. One goes to Flag for something or other. He gets told there that living together was not OK and they MUST get married.

strativarius

There are rumors that this may already be the case.

On the BackInComm blog, one author writes:

My journey out of the church began in 2006/7. I was becoming increasingly unhappy with the state of things and once I started acknowledging outpoints they became so much easier to see.

One of these was the seemingly intentional and habitual separation of Sea Org spouses from each other. Either the husband or wife was sent on lengthy missions or one partner was transferred to a different post (sometimes this could even mean a different geographical location). This resulted in minimal or no access to each other for weeks/months and in some cases, years at a time.

(snip)

In early 2000 I became aware that Sea Org members were having to get permission from CMO to marry, particularly where one partner was in CMO. CMO personnel were heavily discouraged from starting relationships with people outside CMO and often marriages of such were disapproved. There are numerous accounts from former Int members that Miscavige eventually banned all marriages at the Int Base.

If you can only have sex within marriage, and you can't get married (or, if married, your spouse is sent elsewhere), then you are effectively in enforced celibacy.

Fascinating stuff!

While I was never a victim of disconnection and consequently had to suffer what is effectively the pain of excommunication, this subject is very real to me as I was separated from my wife as a direct result of us joining the Sea Org. In the end I even petitioned Hubbard himself to get permission to join her at SH. It never happened.

In the end we both said 'Well, fuck all this,' and just left. End of story.

attachment.php

lrhltr.jpg

Last edited:

Terril park

Sponsor
These are SO rules, I doubt that public got too much caught up in this sort of thing unless they were sent to ethics for bringing up witholds too often about oral anal or solo sex. It seems in some far away lower orgs public have been allowed on lines who are homosexual. The 2D rules policy letter did say that what you do is up to you, and some orgs actually follow that, but the SO is diffrerent. It's not demanding no orgasms for a while but for a billion years. The only non perverse sex would be to procreate and that is forbidden. A billion years without an orgasm!!!!!!!

They should highlight that in red on the SO contract. That way they'd know
they'd get recruits who'd do as they're told.:coolwink:

Terril park

Sponsor
She's DM's "communicator". Dark short hair, on a double date at the motorcycle races several years ago:
TCrace1.png

dm2.jpg
Tom-Cruise-Katie-Holmes-0708.jpg
article-0-16D65117000005DC-525_634x523.jpg

Just occurred to me that if Tom puts someone into an scn school/punishment scenario
for kissing a boy how comes he's tolerating DM's adultury?

. " On long flights aboard Tom Cruise’s personal jet, witnesses observed Dave and Laurisse retiring to Tom’s bedroom cabin for hours on end. The cabin’s only feature? A bed."

https://leavingscientology.wordpress.com/2009/09/29/david-miscavige-“the-adulterer”/

Gizmo

Rabble Rouser
Odd, late 70's @ CC had a pc in the HGC - her folder included a note from the cs " not to bother her about 3 somes she & her husband participated in ".

Had many a public gay pc that were audited in the HGC as long as their money held out.

Public was never bugged about sex in any way shape or form. Staff got Mexican divorces & re-married more frequently than most people dated.

gay had become an issue in the SO - they were off loaded.

Never heard a word about oral sex ( Hell, I always thought that was normal ! )

I always refused to ever take masturbation as an 'overt' or a 'withhold' - just said "That doesn't count, I'm looking for something real".

As a public, never had any comment on my own sex life.

I do remember a bunch of SO recruits were housed together & were having nightly orgies until they got 'discovered' resulting in separate places for male ' female.

Did see sexual molestation of children covered up to protect the image of the group. Was big trouble for me that I wouldn't accept the utter bullshit of ' big thetan in little body ' or ' they pulled it in'

I still think a proper investigation of child molestation being covered up in violation of every known law would bring the cult down faster than anything else possibly could - not even the Catholic Church could get away with it !

Enthetan

Master of Disaster
Fascinating stuff!

While I was never a victim of disconnection and consequently had to suffer what is effectively the pain of excommunication, this subject is very real to me as I was separated from my wife as a direct result of us joining the Sea Org. In the end I even petitioned Hubbard himself to get permission to join her at SH. It never happened.

In the end we both said 'Well, fuck all this,' and just left. End of story.

In the 1980's, after I had left the SO and was a public, I had a lady I knew come to me.

She had just been offloaded from the SO (along with her 2 year old). They had convinced her husband to abandon her and the kid and stay in the SO, so she was out as a young single mom with little in the way of work skills. They helped convince him to leave her, by showing him some stuff from her PC folder that she naively thought should have been confidential.

strativarius

In the 1980's, after I had left the SO and was a public, I had a lady I knew come to me.

She had just been offloaded from the SO (along with her 2 year old). They had convinced her husband to abandon her and the kid and stay in the SO, so she was out as a young single mom with little in the way of work skills. They helped convince him to leave her, by showing him some stuff from her PC folder that she naively thought should have been confidential.
I was at London Org and my wife was at Saint Hill. Funnily enough I got to Saint Hill eventually, but only because I was routed onto the RPF. There I had to watch this lesbian who worked at FOLO (whose name I've seen mentioned on this MB a couple of times) hitting on her, but I couldn't say anything or intervene. She tried her hardest to split us up but failed. Ahh, happy days...

Last edited:

Gizmo

Rabble Rouser

Unfortunately, the 'confidential' folder of a pc was less private than a bull horn in Times Square !

The primary purpose of a pc folder is blackmail, period. That is THE use of it.

Did I make that up ? No. I culled thousands of folders - thought it was for ' correction ' later found out it was only for 'coercion'.

Free to shine

Shiny & Free
In the mid-1980's I was living with the woman who I would eventually marry. I had a Sea Org member come up to me and criticize me for us living together. He cited an FO. I said if LRH wanted that FO to apply to non-SO, he would have made it an HCOPL. He was still unhappy.

Around that same time, two staff members in the org were living together. One goes to Flag for something or other. He gets told there that living together was not OK and they MUST get married.

I was told I had to get married, 1979. I was GO staff and it was unacceptable to live together, there was just no question.

Hypatia

Pagan
Hasn't DM had affairs with his assistants? I somehow don't think he was too worried about what he could and couldn't do...

This is going to be a great video series! Love it, thanks Nora.

http://tonyortega.org/2015/07/28/fr...es-with-frank-talk-about-scientology-and-sex/

[video=youtube;wfM6H9aQss8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=186&v=wfM6H9aQss8[/video]

Thank you so much Nora for tackling the subject. I have a male friend in NY who got married to another man and he is still into Scientology. It worries me because nothing good can come out of his involvement in Scientology and I still don't understand how he can be homosexual and still drink Hubbard's Cool-aid. I was very moved when I read your story and how you were sent to the RPF for being human. I think I will send him your story.
I had been wondering if there were any rules about sexuality other than the 1.1 aspect, masturbation or cheating on one's spouse. my auditor asked me about sexuality once and I answered that "anything pleasurable would do if both partners agreed" then she said "your needle is floating". On another occasion, I went to Ethics for the weekly Sec-check we would go through every Thursday and I got the needle floating by thinking of my girlfriend riding me. I think Miscavige, as Hubbard, has a problem with that but he must be worse than L. Ron on that one. :biggrin: