Featured From Miss X - About Annie Broeker

Discussion in 'Stories From Inside Scientology' started by Lulu Belle, Nov 5, 2007.

View Users: View Users
  1. Free to shine

Free to shine Shiny & Free

Nah...you're cool. On a long thread like who answers your post just depends on who wanders by at the time. :)
    There are a lot of great folks here, do keep posting.
    I find it refreshing to hear what you say - the 'spock' comment reminds me of something said about me once. :omg: :roflmao: You live and learn...

2. Bea Kiddo

Bea Kiddo Crusader

Welcome Radar!! Stay and chat a while. We love other views of things, we love to discuss things from other angles.

I believe that you have a very interesting perspective to add. I am sure we will enjoy your stay here!!:coolwink:

3. Vinaire

Vinaire Sponsor

And Glen Stilo is Beth Stilo's husband.

4. Bea Kiddo

Bea Kiddo Crusader

Thanks for clarifying. That was confusing. Now it makes sense.:confused2:

5. Little Bear Victor

Little Bear Victor Silver Meritorious Patron

That must mean Anna Stilo is history? Of course, it was 20 years ago...

6. Dulloldfart

Dulloldfart Squirrel Extraordinaire

Whoops. I take back my remark about Beth Stilo. Sorry. Getting confused in my old age. Yes, Anna was Glen's wife. I don't know his current marital arrangements.

Paul

7. Alanzo

Alanzo Banned

Totally agreed, Leon.

Hoffer illuminates why a True Believer becomes a True Believer in the first place.

8. Alan

Alan Gold Meritorious Patron

It took me sooooooooooooo loooooooooooong to undo my Cult mentality - I read everything I could find in regards to it.

Even now I still find vestiges of it.

It does seem to stem from the Games Matrix Tech.

Being in a trance state appears to be where one is most vulnerable - i.e; tired, overworked, wearing too many hats, malnurished, attention tied up in too many unfinished cycles, trying to achieve too many impossible goals or targets, not in your own space, not on your own time track, not in contol of your own energy or objects, attempting to please others, etc., etc. :omg:

Alan

9. beyond_horizons

beyond_horizons Patron Meritorious

Damn, It's no wonder I hardly qualify nor am even eligible to be X.

Like I always said, beware of the who, what, and the where, while exposing the contents of your Soul to another!

Great stuff Alan! :thumbsup:

"The greatest trick the Devil ever played was convincing the world he didn't exist."
    -Keyser Soze, The Usual Suspects

10. TheSneakster

TheSneakster Guest

not important

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 25, 2012
  11. Zinjifar

Zinjifar Banned

It's usually only used by non-Scn apologists, although, the 'Church' likes to quote them. Usual usage: If you haven't 'done' Scientology you can't comment on it. If you *have* done Scientology, and criticize it, then, you're an apostate, and can't comment on it.

Zinj

12. Emma

Emma Mother of Dragons Administrator

Bump for new readers.

13. Voltaire's Child

Voltaire's Child Fool on the Hill

It's the bestest loophole EVER! Whee!

(and good job, Ems, that you bumped this)

14. WrongPlaceRightTime

WrongPlaceRightTime Patron Meritorious

When I read this thread the words that repeated over and over in my mind were: MENTAL MASTURBATION. SPIRITUAL MATERIALISM

15. Kutta

Kutta Silver Meritorious Patron

Nor as far as I know "parishioners", "Ecclesiastical Leader"(DM), "religious retreat" (RPF), and many other terms adopted by scientology - disingenuously to create the perception of a respectable religion that qualifies for tax-free status.

It is interesting to me that the term "Church of Scientology rolls off the toungue of many exes. I wonder if it is more the case with those who came 'in' after the push for tax-free status (?1980s) when it seems to me that scientology changed its emphasis from being a science. Those exposed to the change in PR appear to be more accepting of the notion that scientology can be legitimately be called a church and a religion.

For me and I suspect others 'in' in the 70s and earlier, the idea that I was participating in a religion would have seemed ridiculous. Scientology was an organization. It was a philosophy, yes, and an individualistic practice to enhance well-being and ability, but there was no deity to worship, no notion of prayer, or grace, no superior being, no ideas of compassion, humility, love for or oneness of humankind - the kinds of qualities that most religions promote and most people expect of a religion.

IMO, that scientology regards us as thetans, is insufficient to classify it as a religion.

16. me myself & i

me myself & i Patron Meritorious

Damn, another apostate speaking. When will it ever end?

Lol.

17. ThisFenceHurts

ThisFenceHurts Patron with Honors

And if you have done Scn and try to promote it and don't have Issue Authority, you STILL can't comment on it.

18. byte301

byte301 Crusader

I agree Kutta. The first time I heard someone refer to policy as "scripture" I was like WTF?

Anyone talking like that would have been laughed out of my mission in the 70's.

19. Smilla

Smilla Ordinary Human

What a nice freedom loving guy Marty Rathbun is. I don't think that there's much difference between him and Miscavige. No... wait... There is. Miscavige has the money. Life's a bitch.

20. OHTEEATE

OHTEEATE Silver Meritorious Patron

In 1971, at the Mission of Arden Way in Sacramento, there was a bb gun propped up in the corner near the front door. My first week on course, I asked what it was for. "repelling Sea Org" was the answer. What a long, strange trip it's been since then. These stories we tell each other fill in the understanding of what happened and the real reason why. I think Annie was not free to do as she wished for a LONG time, and maybe still is under watch. She knows too much. She may consider herself lucky to be alive? She is one of a few who could single-handedly put DM away.