What's new

From WWP: Scientology Incompatible with MY Christianity?!

R6Basic

Patron Meritorious
Scientology IS NOT compatible with Christianity but you don't have to go very far to figure that out.

In the film Orientation it states ".... Man has never had a better friend." They were of course talking about LRH. Even as a new public and not a Christian at that time I knew that Christians would have a problem with that. Jesus said "Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends." hence Jesus is man's greatest friend.

Also in Christianity the only way to have a good everlasting life is the be baptized in the name of Christ. NO amount of work done this life time will have an effect on the next one. No amount of auditing for example.

I'm not preaching here. It's just this was my big and final break from C of S. I couldn't understand how Scilons could go about saying "you can be a Scilon and still hold on to your Christianity while the BASICS of the religions were so opposite. either they didn't know the fundamentals of Christianity, don't know the fundamentals of Scn. or don't care and it's all PR.

exseaorgclocmoflagetc

Patron with Honors
bumping and old post...but ummm...no

link to the full polciy on christianity http://www.gerryarmstrong.org/50grand/cult/hcob-1963-05-11-routine-3-heaven-ex.html

I found this interesting policy quote

SCIENTOLOGY, SECRECY, AND THE COLD WAR: HUBBARD
AND THE BIRTH OF SCIENTOLOGY
[W]e have our hands on an appalling piece of technology where the
world is concerned. With rapidity and a Meter it can be shown that
Heaven is a false dream and that the old religion [Christianity] was
based on a very painful lie, a cynical betrayal.
What does this do to any religious nature of Scientology? It strengthens
it. New religions always overthrow the false gods of the old . . . We
can improve man. We can show the old gods false.
—Hubbard, Hubbard Communications Office (HCO) Bulletin,
11 May 1963
found it here...http://dh101.humanities.ucla.edu/DH101Fall12Lab2/archive/files/7cfb80cf69a36b3c228d24c25c5dca43.pdf

Last edited: