What's new

Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, Transgender & Queer as a 3 Dollar Bill

auntpat

Patron with Honors
Many years ago I worked in Interior decorating with a very gay man named Charles. He had a bad habit of drinking to much. When we had a early morning appointment I would go across the hall to his apartment to make sure that he was home the night before. If not I would call a cab and go looking or him. It was pretty easy to find him as there were only two gay bars in Dallas at the time.

When I found him I wouldd try to talk him into coming home. After a long argument I would grab him from his bar stool, put him over my shoulder and head for the door. That crazy fool would scream RAPE all the way to the cab.

Yes working with Charlles was a fun job.

Love & Light,
Aunt Pat

I'm old time Sea Org -- joined up in 1970, left in late 1981. I was BIG time in the closet, and I really wanted to be CURED :omg: of all my yummy, pervy, happy-go-lucky sex and gender leanings and fantasies. But dear daddy Ron said no, no, no. :banned: So, I spent session after session trying to cure myself. Sigh.:scared:

Didja come out after scn? Are you questioning yer sexuality? Having fun with it? Messing around with gender?

Here's the first nugget I wanna toss out on the subject:

Thetans have no gender, right? SO WHAT'S THE BIG FREAKIN' DEAL ABOUT SEX AND GENDER?!?!?!?! How did fun sex and delightful gender end up as covert hostility???????

There. I'm done. I'm truly looking forward to hearing from ya. :welcome:

kiss kiss

outlaw

Hum, I was INthe closet when I was in my birth religion, then OUT in another two, then backIN the closet then further in a tinier closet when in Scientology (sorry forthe cryptic I don’t want to have to disconnect from people I care about justbecause the church is being dumb). People know I’m not a Scilon anymore but Idon’t want to come across as ‘rabidly antagonistic’ I’m just apathetic thesedays on pretty much *all* religions. That’s what slightly over half a degree ina real science and several years of cult-detoxing will do to you.

Kicked outthe SO for family in ‘high places’ and for being ‘bi’ even though during OUT periods– all previous to Scientology - I did nothing more than the occasional dating/gropeingof same-sex because though I’m ‘bi’ I’m more of a Kinsey 2.5 by which I mean Ilean pretty hetero. My full-on 6 brother-in-law and his partner call me a “MargaretCho” lesbian. If you don’t count getting handsy or outercourse I’ve notactually been with that many people.

So yah Iagree on the Thetans have no gender comment I mean it shouldn’t matter thenright? On the other hand my *very* hetero never-a-Scilon hubby helped me comeout and is fine with my explorations (however limited they may be at thispoint). Bi-poly self identified and quite happy to have a loving husband too.Life feels pretty good these days …

Smilla

Ordinary Human
I think we're all potentially heterosexual, bisexual, or homosexual, and that it isn't totally hardwired into our biology as some insist. Some nature, some nurture, but nothing totally pre-ordained and fixed.

Recently read QaPD and LOVED it. It was my first ex SO memoir and whetted my appetite for more assurance that I as one who had it easy as msn staff, was indeed NOT crazy for wondering what the HELL was going on in the 90s.

Love to all ex SO.

Many years ago I worked in Interior decorating with a very gay man named Charles. He had a bad habit of drinking to much. When we had a early morning appointment I would go across the hall to his apartment to make sure that he was home the night before. If not I would call a cab and go looking or him. It was pretty easy to find him as there were only two gay bars in Dallas at the time.

When I found him I wouldd try to talk him into coming home. After a long argument I would grab him from his bar stool, put him over my shoulder and head for the door. That crazy fool would scream RAPE all the way to the cab.

Yes working with Charlles was a fun job.

Love & Light,
Aunt Pat

it's okay to drink to much as long as you don't drink too much

here's to you auntpat!

keeshz

Hey Outlawgal!

I realize this thread is impossibly old in internet terms, but on the chance you are still around and might see this, yeehaa! I LOVED your post! I thought I might be the only clear/OT queer, kinky scientologist on the planet and then I found your old post. Thanks for putting it there!

Funny story you will appreciate: Many years ago I went to AOLA for the CCRD. I was totally out, never bought into any homophobic considerations, didn't Q&A with it and never had any problems at my local org. AO was another story.
They would not give the CCRD, but they were happy to take my money and give me customized sec checking on the 2D. My auditor was terrific and did just what he should do, which is go where the charge is. Most of it was whole track, none of it made me not be queer, but it did free me up so much on the 2D that I came out kinky as a result!

I guess this is my long delayed success story! LOL

Anyway, it is a thrill to find and read your post and I hope to get in comm with you directly sometime.

MW

I'm old time Sea Org -- joined up in 1970, left in late 1981. I was BIG time in the closet, and I really wanted to be CURED :omg: of all my yummy, pervy, happy-go-lucky sex and gender leanings and fantasies. But dear daddy Ron said no, no, no. :banned: So, I spent session after session trying to cure myself. Sigh.:scared:

Once I left, it was no holds barred. I mean, wheeeeeeee, wahooooooo, yippeeeeeeeeee! Well, no it wasn't right after I left. Right after I left, I gave one more try at marriage --I'd been married twice in the Sea Org. Marriage #3 didn't make me straight either. So, I joined AA, got myself sober and it hit me like a ton o' bricks -- I'M SO FREAKIN' QUEER AND THAT AIN'T BAD CUZ THERE'S LOTS OF US!!!!! :thewave:

I came out about two years after I left. This was the mid-80's, just after the start of the AIDS plague. The queer newspapers had 3-4 pages of obituaries every week. Sad, hard times. :bigcry:

Long story short --- today, I yam an extremely happy, happy-go-lucky high femme dyke. :omg: I'm a sadomasochist, :whipped: (emphasis on masochist) AND I'm transsexual -- male to female. :neener: I've got piercings in body parts I wasn't born with. I'm a tattooed lady. I don't call myself a man, and I don't call myself a woman. Just like a thetan in native state, I ain't got no gender. :giggle:

And that's how I saved my life after I left the Sea Org. While I was aboard the flagship, there were a BUNCH of lesbians and gay men and bisexuals. There may have been some other trannies -- I dunno. We were all deeply closeted, because (of course) we were 1.1 on the tone scale, and a true danger to anyone around us. We rarely came out to each other. :nervous:

So... I'm starting this thread to hear from other ex-scilons who are gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender, queer, questioning, and heterosexual allies. I wanna hear from sex workers, sex educators... hell, anyone who considers themselves sex positive and/or fluidly gendered.
:party:
Didja come out after scn? Are you questioning yer sexuality? Having fun with it? Messing around with gender?

Here's the first nugget I wanna toss out on the subject:

Thetans have no gender, right? SO WHAT'S THE BIG FREAKIN' DEAL ABOUT SEX AND GENDER?!?!?!?! How did fun sex and delightful gender end up as covert hostility???????

There. I'm done. I'm truly looking forward to hearing from ya. :welcome:

kiss kiss

outlaw

Terril park

Sponsor
Hey Outlawgal!

I realize this thread is impossibly old in internet terms, but on the chance you are still around and might see this, yeehaa! I LOVED your post! I thought I might be the only clear/OT queer, kinky scientologist on the planet and then I found your old post. Thanks for putting it there!

Funny story you will appreciate: Many years ago I went to AOLA for the CCRD. I was totally out, never bought into any homophobic considerations, didn't Q&A with it and never had any problems at my local org. AO was another story.
They would not give the CCRD, but they were happy to take my money and give me customized sec checking on the 2D. My auditor was terrific and did just what he should do, which is go where the charge is. Most of it was whole track, none of it made me not be queer, but it did free me up so much on the 2D that I came out kinky as a result!

Anyway, it is a thrill to find and read your post and I hope to get in comm with you directly sometime.

MW

Hi and welcome to ESMB. We know each other.:)

Nice success story! was the sec checking done FPRD style?

You could try sending a "private message" to her via ESMB. If you click on her name on her post it takes you to her profile and you can there send a PM.
She hasn't posted for 2 years and may not visit here much. She also had a
book published in 2011.

La La Lou Lou

Crusader

You could try sending a "private message" to her via ESMB. If you click on her name on her post it takes you to her profile and you can there send a PM.
She hasn't posted for 2 years and may not visit here much. She also had a
book published in 2011.

I think Outlaw girl has a new book that came out this year, I was going to get it from Amazon, I forgot.

Anyone know the name?

JustMe

Patron Meritorious
I think Outlaw girl has a new book that came out this year, I was going to get it from Amazon, I forgot.

Anyone know the name?

It's called "A Queer and pleasant Danger". (Actually it was published last year and I'm guessing you meant that one).

What an amazing read.

Kate is one of my heros.

Here is a little blub from me telling a bit of what the book was about and how I felt about it:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/cdp/member...=UTF8&sort_by=MostRecentReview#R1J87JU1MNXKBH

What an amazing memoir of Kate Bornstein's life!

It included a lot about her days in scientology and how she lost her daughter to them.

My God one day she gets back to Clearwater, Florida from a scientology "mission" and takes her daughter to school. But then she is forced to undergo what is called a "gang bang sec check" by scientology's "International Finance Police". Here she is falsely accused of all sorts of crimes, screamed at by a group of scientology goons while being on their version of a crude lie detector. Kate is then immediately routed off scientology's staff (this is 1982) without so much as being able to say "goodbye" to her family who were made to disconnect from Kate.

Now she has two grandchildren who she has never even seen. And she loves them and her daughter very much. In the book Kate tells her daughter her story and why she never came back that day and how she tried to reconnect. She hopes that someday her daughter/grandchildren will get out and be able to read this book written for them.

One can feel the honestly in this book and the pain. Kate tells of her being at the point of suicide when her ex wife hung up on her and would not let her speak with her daughter.

I am ASHAMED to have ever been a friend of Kate's EX!!!

Kate offers her daughter/grandchildren some advice on life and a home should they ever need it, although she does not suspect she will live all that much longer.

It was heartbreaking!!!

Scientology is so unbelievably cruel and dangerous. And my heart goes out to Kate. I also feel sorrow for her loved ones who are IMO yet another family that has been devoured by organized scientology for worldly gain.

Still, I hope that somehow there is a reconnection in what time is left. It makes me sad to see every once is a while Kate post on an ex scientologists forum asking if anyone has any information about her daughter and/or grandchildren:(

As a fellow transgendered ex scientology staff member and just as a human being I was touched very deeply by this story. And, I thank Kate so very much for sharing it. It must have been very hard on her to write all this.

Here's a link to the book on Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/Queer-Pleasant-Danger-Jewish-Scientology/dp/080700183X/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1385664972&sr=8-1&keywords=a+queer+and+pleasant+danger

Last edited:

JustMe

Patron Meritorious
Hey Outlawgal!

MW

Thank you keesch for telling this part of your story.

You are not alone.

Welcome to ESMB, a place where many wonderful people share and where friendships are made.

keeshz

BB,

Yes Hi! I saw you were on ESMB and intended to say hi; you beat me to it. :) I just visited this site for the first time, lots to check out. All part of my recently begun quest to find compatible viewpoints and thetans who know they are thetans to have ARC with. This seemed like a good place for that.
I don't really know what FPRD style is, so can't say.
So how is jolly ole england on this fine U.S.-thanksgiving-eat-til-you-drop day?

Mary

PS: Your private message mailbox is full, FYI.

keeshz

Thank you keesch for telling this part of your story.

You are not alone.

Welcome to ESMB, a place where many wonderful people share and where friendships are made.

Thanks JustMe, I appreciate the welcome. A place where wonderful people share and friendships are made sounds terrific! Glad I found my way here. I'd ask about your story, but I s'pose I ought to look around a bit first and I'll probably find you've already posted it. Eh? If not consider the question asked.

Mary

Terril park

Sponsor

BB,

Yes Hi! I saw you were on ESMB and intended to say hi; you beat me to it. :) I just visited this site for the first time, lots to check out. All part of my recently begun quest to find compatible viewpoints and thetans who know they are thetans to have ARC with. This seemed like a good place for that.
I don't really know what FPRD style is, so can't say.
So how is jolly ole england on this fine U.S.-thanksgiving-eat-til-you-drop day?

Mary

PS: Your private message mailbox is full, FYI.

Thanks for the heads up, deleted some.:)

We have our eat till you drop time on Xmas day. Tonight its wild
pacific salmon and my fattening salad recipe.

Some of the best auditing I had was a self elected False Purpose Rundown
as opposed to an ordered sec check.

Briefly one gets an overt and goes earlier, and then one is asked was there an evil purpose. One runs that to earliest and then is asked was their a confusion prior to that? It tends to go whole track very readily, at least if
like me one is really interested in going there.

CO2

Patron Meritorious
Hey Outlawgal!

MW

not that what I'm about to write, hasn't been said dozens of times before, but perhaps it needs to be current with new readers.

My history with the Co$ was only between 1968 and 1976.

John McMaster, Clear #1, was gay.

I don't know his name, but AOLA's first clear was gay. My wife used to do reg tours with him.

jimmy Spheeris, at CC was gay.

There were loads of people from San Francisco and the West indies, who were gay.

In 1973, while on OT3, my live in girl friend's previous 2D, was Margaret George, the E/O at AOLA, across the street, from the apartment where we lived.

sexuality was a non item.

JustMe

Patron Meritorious

Thanks JustMe, I appreciate the welcome. A place where wonderful people share and friendships are made sounds terrific! Glad I found my way here. I'd ask about your story, but I s'pose I ought to look around a bit first and I'll probably find you've already posted it. Eh? If not consider the question asked.

Mary

Hi Mary

Indeed look around and you will see the stories of many people on here. And you will see time and again others supporting them and sharing their stories right back as friendships develop and healing so often follows.

I think it is impossible to read through here and not fall in love with one person after the other as they pour out their hearts.

Anyway, enjoy your looking around.

- Denise

keeshz

sexuality was a non item.

As indeed it should be. Thetans are capable of considerations right? And of changing their considerations. And changing them again. And now making some new considerations. So yeah it is totally bizarre that so many scientologists, beings at least nominally interested in freedom, can get so hung up and unchanging on their 2D considerations.

Having never bought into the "should-not-be-gay" considerations at all, ie I had no internalized homophobia, I was able to view the considerations without going effect of them, but I also saw the cruelty towards and damage to those who were not so fortunate.

My experiences in the freezone are much better in regards to this (and to everything). Not that homophobia doesn't exist there, some individuals hold those considerations, more do not, but it sure isn't anywhere, that I know of, intractably institutionalized like in the COS.

Mary