Geir Isene has a new Natterboard!

Discussion in 'General Scientology Discussion' started by Alanzo, Nov 4, 2009.

View Users: View Users
  1. Voltaire's Child

Voltaire's Child Fool on the Hill

Awesome and succinct.

2. Zinjifar

Zinjifar Banned

Oh, he's made that at least marginally clear. A KSW Scientologist would not reduce KSW into an 'also ran' of importance, which Geir has.

However, my point was that to run a forum where KSW Scientologists can be comfortable, it must be a KSW forum. You really can't have it both ways. Naturally, there will always be a shaking-out period before the actual limitations of freedom of speech are codified. But, it's pointless to attempt to placate KSW Scientologists by throwing them a bone because they will always demand the whole skeleton.

Zinj

3. Vinaire

Vinaire Sponsor

I am surprised to find that at least 3 of my posts are no longer appearing on the board after having been posted. I am wondering if this is some sort of a glitch or deliberate.

I don't think it is deliberate otherwise I would have been offered some sort of explanation.

But, then, I don't really know. It does put a damper on my posting there.

4. Isene

Isene Patron with Honors

Weird; Are the quoted by others? Can you point me to them?

5. Alanzo

Alanzo Sponsor

Just because they may demand it doesn't mean they are going to ever get it.

Even KSW Scientologists believe in the Creed of the Church of Scientology.

See?

Their own religious contradictions can be used to favor one over the other.

Leviticus in the Old Testament of the Bible says God commands Jews and Christians to murder homosexuals wherever they find them. But there are very few biblically motivated murders of homosexuals any more, but lots and lots of people still who follow the Bible.

This is an everyday reality, Zinj, true all over the world for millions of people.

Why are you unable to accept it?

6. Terril park

Terril park Sponsor

I had one blocked because I posted something I could have linked to with an URL. I only found out when I saw I had some private mail from a mod
    telling me the reason.

7. HelluvaHoax!

HelluvaHoax! Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on

Quite right that the Creed of the CoS is in full contradiction with KSW.

So, I am guessing that this is NOT the Modern Science of Mental Health?

Modern? Really not.

Science? Really, really, really not.

Mental Health? :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

Thanks, that felt great!

8. Vinaire

Vinaire Sponsor

On the following thread

What are your views on Past Lives,History of Man,Mission into time, PDC, Invader forces etc.

I had written a post about perception, as to how one's perception is determined by programming in the mind. Without this programming one cannot interpret the stimuli that exists out there. Thus, the ideas about past lives, invader forces, etc. will depend on some kind of programming.

This post is no longer there. Your response to this post has also disappeared.

Similar disappearance has occured to last few posts on the following threads also:

Flaws in the tech
    Why auditing?
    Scientology & God

I received no private mails from mods over these disappearances. This happened yesterday.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2009
  9. Voltaire's Child

Sweetie, we're looking into it. Let's not drag that over to ESMB...

10. Vinaire

Vinaire Sponsor

OK. Thanks.

I love that board, by the way.

11. Voltaire's Child

Yes, it seems to be shaping up quite nicely. Interesting bunch of people. Have you checked out the other pro Scn forum?

12. Voltaire's Child

Oh, I think there're lots of ways a person can do something. Let me give you a non Scn example. I subscribe to a news magazine called "the Week". It manages to NOT piss off its Liberal readership and also manages to NOT piss off its Conservative readership. They put the articles in there with a point counterpoint thing. Are they standard Liberal? No. Are they standard Conservative? No.

Ground rules are ground rules no matter what you call them. Formatting is formatting. Etc, etc, etc.

13. Alanzo

Alanzo Sponsor

Some people are such buzzkillers.

They expect a religion to tell the truth.

14. HelluvaHoax!

HelluvaHoax! Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on

Scientology.

They had me at "hello & okay"

Then I learned it was an APPLIED RELIGIOUS SOPHISTRY.

15. Zinjifar

Zinjifar Banned

KSW has as one of its prime tenets to *stomp out* anything but itsellf. Other 'philosophies' may wish that, but, in practice not push the issue.

KSW is *inherently* intolerant of anything but itself. It even admits as much and makes excuses for it.

Zinj

16. Alanzo

Alanzo Sponsor

So is Leviticus. And yet its most vicious commands do not get implemented, even by the most devout Jews and Christians in the Western world.

Why is that?

17. Zinjifar

Zinjifar Banned

Expect? Not so much.
    But, we expect them to at least blush when caught in a lie.

Zinj

18. Div6

Div6 Crusader

Tone level. Using policy to "stop" just indicates an earlier failed purpose of some sort.....

19. Zinjifar

Zinjifar Banned

Um, because most of the 'organized religions' do not promote mandates to commit crimes, and, it's even miniscule minorities of those who revere their own holy books that accept their 'Source' material as absolute.

Plus, for those few who do feel like stoning witches and fornicators, they do so openly and are prosecuted.

Probably it's a good idea to prosecute Scientology crimes.
    Yeah; I think it is.

But, there are fundies who are so certain of the 'correctness' of their 'Tech' that they are unable to function in any kind of social group that varies from that. Much like KSW Scientologists.

Zinj

20. Veda

Veda Sponsor

So, what are you saying? That, in one thousand or two thousand years, the Church of Scientology will cease defrauding people, cease abusing people, and cease Fair Gaming its perceived enemies?

The "quote Leviticus" or "quote the Old Testament" response is an old PR angle. You're not be visited by Heber Jentzsch in your sleep, I hope.

Here's Heber applying the "quote the Old Testament" response way back when, almost thirty years ago. See 2:14:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5Drk3eVQSg