What's new

Getting Clear conference films ready for purchase

ILove2Lurk

Lisbeth Salander
In #21 at 54:14, Jon Atack says that Hubbard raped his daughter when she was 14. Does anyone know the source of this allegation? I had not heard it before.
I heard that too. Undocumented claim.

IMO, Jon just can't throw that out there so offhandedly
without providing context or details.

I've dismissed it.

:shrug:

strativarius

Inveterate gnashnab & snoutband
I heard that too. Undocumented claim.

IMO, Jon just can't throw that out there so offhandedly
without providing context or details.

I've dismissed it.

:shrug:

Yes, it's just a blatant ad hom. Making unsubstantiated claims like that tends to undermine the veracity of whatever else he says about scn. It's a shame.

chipgallo

Patron Meritorious
I don't want to pile on and criticize Atack without asking him for a reference. He was on a ramble when he made the assertion and generally everything else seemed solid. For me by itself it doesn't undermine the richness of the conference material and #21 is a treasure to watch.

Another favorite is #19 with Steve Cannane (Australian reporter), who covers the cause of the Australian government investigation and subsequent Anderson Inquiry report (1965) which can be read here: http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~dst/Cowen/audit/andrhome.html

Last edited:

ILove2Lurk

Lisbeth Salander
#19 with Steve Cannane (Australian reporter) covers the cause of the Australian government investigation and subsequent Anderson Inquiry report (1965) . . .
Very interesting and eye-opening! Some surprising reveals about how it all came about. Enjoyed! :thumbsup: