Giving the Devil his due...

Discussion in 'Scientology Celebrities' started by whoisxenu, Sep 17, 2017.

View Users: View Users
  1. whoisxenu

whoisxenu Patron with Honors

The new Tom Cruise movie looks really good from the trailers. I'm looking forward to seeing it, maybe even in a theater. It actually looks like he's taking a turn back to acting instead of playing the taciturn heros of MI, the Reacher series and his sci-fi stuff. It looks like he's having some fun and the movie is not SUPERSERIOUS all the time. Also, I notice he's allowing himself to be photographed from his profile where his nose is quite prominent. I think maybe he's looking to become more of an actor instead of a $ grubber. (Well, with Scientlology, he'll always be a moneygruber lol).

2. programmer_guy

programmer_guy True Ex-Scientologist

I liked the movie "Top Gun".
    A fellow engineer, and personal friend, gave the DVD to me as a christmas present many years ago (and he knew nothing about Scientology at all).

3. silk spectre

silk spectre New Member

He is indeed a good actor, but my problem is I can not take him serious anymore.

4. renegade

renegade Silver Meritorious Patron

I have enjoyed some of his earlier movies.

Talking to a friend, he said problem is he's always playing "Tom Cruise."

5. programmer_guy

programmer_guy True Ex-Scientologist

IMO, he is at his best when he is in an action/adventure movie.
    For example, I was not impressed with his performance in "Rain Man".

6. TexasLurker

TexasLurker Patron

I used to be a big fan years ago, and I also believe he is a good actor. However, I can't take him seriously at all anymore (I know too much!), plus he keeps doing stupid looking action movies, which is not what he's best at.

7. Little David

Little David Silver Meritorious Patron

I think he is incapable of being real and not acting. This famous video is a good example of his crappy , instinctive, 24/7 "acting":

8. Emma

Emma Mother of Dragons Administrator

I know it's prejudice, but I can't watch Cruise movies. I detest him and every word that comes out of his mouth. I can't help but view him through the lens of the video (above). Such an arrogant blowhard.

9. Mimsey Borogrove

Mimsey Borogrove Crusader

Even as Les Grossman?

[​IMG]

10. Emma

Emma Mother of Dragons Administrator

I've never seen that movie, but yikes, that's one ugly dude.

11. Mimsey Borogrove

Mimsey Borogrove Crusader

That, my friend is Tom Cruise being as obnoxious as you could ever wish in the flick "Tropic Thunder" Edit - Didn't DM do the same - have another hit Debby for him? I liked the movie BTW, and his over the top rendition of a crazed movie exec is fun - even the dance moves.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2017