Go Fund Me for Stop Scientology Disconnection Billboard on Hollywood Boulevard

Discussion in 'Fair Game and Disconnection Victims' started by CommunicatorIC, Feb 28, 2016.

View Users: View Users
  1. CommunicatorIC

CommunicatorIC @IndieScieNews on Twitter

Go Fund Me for Stop Scientology Disconnection Billboard on Hollywood Boulevard.

I saw this before on Twitter, but Tony Ortega has a succinct story.

Phil and Willie Jones are crowdfunding for a billboard on Hollywood Boulevard

http://tonyortega.org/2016/02/28/er...-rod-kellers-scientology-social-media-review/

* * * * * BEGIN EXCERPT * * * * *

[​IMG]

Phil Jones, known as “Sid” here at the Bunker, has been kicking up a fuss at Scientology’s Los Angeles facilities lately. He and his wife Willie are former church members who are determined to see their children, Mike and Emily, who are still in Scientology and have disconnected from them. Scientology attorneys recently sent a cease-and-desist order to Phil and Willie after they put up “Missing” posters of Mike around the Hollywood Celebrity Centre, and even brought a television film crew with them.

Now, they plan to go really big with their missing person sign. They’re trying to raise $8,200 at a GoFundMe page and website so they can put up a billboard on Hollywood Boulevard. And it will target disconnection in general, so it won’t only be about their two kids.

“I usually don’t like fund raising,” Phil tells us. “But we want to step things up a bit in trying to get the kids back.”

Wow. We wish them luck.

UPDATE: Mike Rinder messaged us to point out that the middle of the three women wearing “Crap Nebula” T-shirts is ASI employee Emily Jones.

* * * * * END EXCERPT * * * * *

EDITED TO ADD:

The update from Mike Rinder refers to this picture. The woman in the middle is Emily Jones.

[​IMG]

Go Fund Me: Stop Scientology Disconnection

https://www.gofundme.com/reconnectingfamily

[​IMG]

http://stopscientologydisconnection.com/

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 29, 2016
  2. Jump

Jump Operating teatime

Over 6,000 and it's not even one day yet.

Won't be long before they are over 9000

:thumbsup:

3. DagwoodGum

DagwoodGum Goodby Goodluck

I'm all for it as I believe everyone should disconnect from the COS if they haven't yet had the nerve.

Last edited: Feb 29, 2016
  4. CommunicatorIC

EDITED TO ADD:

The update from Mike Rinder refers to this picture. The woman in the middle is Emily Jones.

[​IMG]

5. Ogsonofgroo

Ogsonofgroo Crusader

Why in the world would somebody 'disagree' with CC's post? He is merely 'the messenger', and I think Mr. Spdeclair, do tell us wogs what it was that bothered you... well ya know you don't have to explain yourself, but I'm sure there are more people than just me, wondering about what.

:drama: :bong:

edit> just curious, no offense meant or implied :cheers:

6. CommunicatorIC

Attached Files:

7. CommunicatorIC

Attached Files:

8. CommunicatorIC

9. Jump

Jump Operating teatime

$7,800 of $8,200

So far .. in 1 day.

People want this :happydance:

10. Jump

Jump Operating teatime

$8,225 of $8,200

Put a fork in it :happydance:

Billboard, chat shows, radio interviews, more people telling their stories, yep.. value for money :yes:

11. ForLease

ForLease Maximus Squirrel

Yeah, even more than the billboard itself, is the publicity.

It will creep onto social media, local news, even click-bait story farms will pick it up because disconnection is an easy, relatable story.

And horrible.

PS. It will also make me happier driving by Big Blue.

12. CommunicatorIC

Billboard decrying Scientology ‘disconnection’ will be going up on Hollywood Blvd

Billboard decrying Scientology ‘disconnection’ will be going up on Hollywood Blvd

Tony Ortega, February 29, 2016

What a way to celebrate Leap Day. Early this morning, Phil and Willie Jones’ project to put an anti-disconnection billboard on Hollywood Boulevard reached its funding goal, and now Phil tells us that he’ll quickly get the papers filed to make the sign a reality.

<snipped>

"I am so grateful to so many people, all of whom care so much, and many who are embroiled in their own disconnection situations,” Phil tells us. “One thing I learned, of myself, is that this has grown bigger than Willie and me. Someone asked what we’d do if we got a call saying the kids would reconnect if we dropped the billboard. As heartbreaking as all of this has been I would not be able to desert the others. I didn’t hesitate. I would not accept any terms on this other than that which would include ALL of those who suffer from the abuse of Scientology disconnection. We are in it to the end.”

<snipped>

Said Phil in the comments yesterday: “I had tears of joy when I saw how much support we’re getting on the billboard, and had a bit of a lump in my throat when I saw Emily in the photo from the Long Beach Comic Expo post. I wish I would have known she was there. I’d have gone to try to see her. Well, the billboard, and other things in the works, and we’ll make some noise. Maybe they’ll hear us.”

http://tonyortega.org/2016/02/29/bi...onnection-will-be-going-up-on-hollywood-blvd/

HT - The Wrong Guy on WWP: https://whyweprotest.net/threads/mi...ty-centre-in-los-angeles.131060/#post-2575696

13. CommunicatorIC

Patheos: Billboard Criticizing Scientology’s “Disconnection” Policy Will Soon Go Up in Los Angeles

http://www.particlenews.com/n/025joY1F?original=true

We talk a lot on this site about the idea of Disfellowshipping, where Jehovah’s Witnesses require followers to shun people who have left the faith, even if it’s their own children.

Scientology has something similar. It’s called Disconnection and it, too, has torn apart countless numbers of families.

But as of this morning, a fundraising campaign for a “Stop Scientology Disconnection” billboard on Hollywood Blvd. in Los Angeles has reached its goal of $8,200:

14. CommunicatorIC

Attached Files:

15. CommunicatorIC

16. Miss Ellie

Miss Ellie Patron with Honors

I have wanted a billboard like this for YEARS! I never thought of a "Go Fund Me" ....

We need them in Clearwater & LA..... on the sides of buses that go past the "biggies" too.

Oh Happy Days To Come!

:happydance: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :happydance: :clap: :clap: :happydance:

17. CommunicatorIC

Attached Files:

18. Jump

Jump Operating teatime

Did they publicly renounce their scripture of 'Handle or Disconnect' ? .. didn't think so.

19. CommunicatorIC

It may depend on who "they" are. As announced in a post on the Religious Liberty League blog (itself an Independent Scientology organization), the First Independent Church of Scientology will purportedly do so:

Religious Liberty League: The First Independent Church of Scientology

http://religiouslibertyleague.org/the-first-independent-church-of-scientology/

The new church will adopt the 1968 Reform Code of Scientology, and thereby recognize the distinction between fair criticism and religious persecution, accepting and internally handling the former, and stomping on the latter. FICS will have no fair game policy and no security checks (except as part of an auditing program in which priest-penitent privileges attach). And it will forever abolish the disconnection policy! The liberal concepts expressed by LRH in the lecture, Attitude & Conduct of Scientology[2], will be applied in full.

[SNIP]

[2] 4th London ACC, 3 November 1955.

20. Jump

Jump Operating teatime

Well, funding is well over 11,000 now , so I'm guessing the billboard will be up there for some time beyond the original plan of 3 months.

That will give the 'Independents' ample forum and opportunity to spell out their point of difference.

Its interesting that the "1968 reforms", brought in the face of the imminent sanction of Scientology in New Zealand, mentioned in internal documents that Fair Game practices would not change toward an SP.

That is, 'suppressive people' could be tricked, sued, lied to and destroyed .. I imagine this includes that they can't talk to their trapped grandchildren either.

Interesting times.