Golden Quotes from ESMB

Discussion in 'General Scientology Discussion' started by SweetnessandLight, Aug 10, 2009.

View Users: View Users
  1. Free Being Me

Free Being Me Crusader

Beautifully said. Truer words were never spoken. :)

2. Margaret

Margaret Patron

I love this quote !!!

Btw this is an awesome thread and a great idea for it .

Last edited: Aug 27, 2016
  3. Free Being Me

Free Being Me Crusader

Well and insightfully spoken.

4. JustSheila

JustSheila Crusader

Reposted from the thread, "What if it wasn't dub in?"
    :thumbsup:

5. JustSheila

JustSheila Crusader

:thumbsup: :clap: :clap: :clap:

6. JustSheila

JustSheila Crusader

Does Anyone Ever Say "Just Take Your Time" in Scientology?

:laugh:

Thanks, Glenda, for this brilliant post :hug: :

7. "I mean what can you say about a church who's main religious artifact is a lie detector?" - Thrak :thumbsup: :clap:

8. This is NOT OK !!!!

This is NOT OK !!!! Gold Meritorious Patron

Nice to see you here again Sweetness!

I'm still partial to this quote:

"I’m not saying that everyone who is in Scientology is stupid, but I will say that I was purposefully blind for a long time". Paul Haggis

Last edited: Jun 16, 2017
  9. Type4_PTS

Type4_PTS Diamond Invictus SP

I copied/pasted a post from Veda which deserves to be here in this thread IMO (below):
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Those subjected to the deception and manipulation of a mind control cult might begin to believe whatever they've been deceived and manipulated into believing. That's not surprising.

The idea that the rest of us should accept what these victims of a mind control cult believe, as being true - Now, that's surprising.

If a person agrees that the Scientology organization is an authentic religious institution, then that person has been "handled" by Scientology. That's slightly embarrassing.

If an ex Scientologist agrees that the Scientology organization is an authentic religious institution, then that's very embarrassing, since that person has not only been handled once (when he first became a Scientologist), but has been re-handled (after having become an ex-Scientologist).

Scientology's battle has been to cause people to agree to its primary empowering fraudulent assertion.

agree.jpg
    Can you feel yourself agreeing?

Once Scientology has obtained a person's agreement to that fraudulent and empowering assertion, the battle is over. Scolding Scientology for bad behavior, after so agreeing, is pointless.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2018
  10. HelluvaHoax!

HelluvaHoax! Gold Meritorious Sponsor

Great post, thanks for putting it here or I would have never seen it.

I agreed (fatal word perhaps considering the post's core message, lol) with everything---except I paused on that last word ("pointless") to consider if that was always true when it comes to "scolding (a Scientologist) for bad behavior". The first thought that came to mind was that Hubbard promoted a stable datum that went something like this:

"THE KEYNOTE OF ALL SALES IS PRESSURE"

That may not be a verbatim quote, but the core concept certainly made it clear that part of the tech (that made the rest of the tech work) was pressuring people until they paid, agreed, obeyed, et al.

Clearly, it worked.

The degree of "pressure" brought to bear on people by Scientology varies depending on a few factors. Chief amongst them are:

--- How much pressure it takes to gain obedience.

--- How much pressure is possible, without becoming a major PR flap.

--- How much pressure can be used to coerce or terrorize someone, without being arrested.

I guess that's why I paused. Because if "WHAT TURNS IT ON TURNS IT OFF" is true, then pressure can be a very good tool at times to awaken a Scientologist from their dreamy Dianetic reverie and jolt them "into present time". It happens all the time and we see "success stories" of individuals leaving Scientology after the pressures of bankruptcy, disconnection from their own family and/or other unimaginable cruelty is targeted at THEM, not just "the SPs".

Telling a Scientologist the brutal truth may not cause an instant "Floating Needle"----but it's not supposed to. Pulling someone's bad tooth out is not fun for them either, but rather than fiddle with it (causing excruciating pain over long periods of time) the dentist simply YANKS it out in one triumphant flourish.

I don't propose that "pressure" is the always the best tool or the only tool.

But, it is a tool. It has inestimable value when used correctly.

Even though most hardcore Scientologists have effectively lost their involuntary "cringe response" (think gag response) to embarrassing revelations about Scientology, there is a cumulative effect of a Scientologist being constantly inundated with people disagreeing with them or making fun of Scientology's cringeworthy actions and beliefs.

The best "pressure" of all is (of course) REALITY. When a Scientologist is confronted with the REALITY of Hubbard's lies (about Clear, OT, et al) they are pretty much blindsided. Because, up until that moment that had just blithely assumed that they knew everything about REALITY after passing the clay demo on ARC. lol

---

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Love Love x 1
    • List
  11. Gib

Gib Crusader

I love the quote.

reminds me of those commercials with buckle up and air bags, the catch line was "you can learn a lot from a dummy".

PSA announcement to public curious about scientology, why you can learn a lot from us dummy's getting involved,

us whistle blowers, no clears or OT's

12. So much yesssss!!! This wins the entire thread!