Golden Quotes from ESMB

Discussion in 'General Scientology Discussion' started by SweetnessandLight, Aug 10, 2009.

View Users: View Users
  1. dontscamme

dontscamme Patron Meritorious

This thread had great potential. Do the mods ever strip out portions of a thread and place them elsewhere on the board (not advocating censorship) in order to help the original thread get back on track?

2. Alanzo

Alanzo Sponsor

I think this thread required too much thinking and remembering in order to participate.

One of the requirements of a successful, on track discussion on ESMB is an opening post that is designed for people to react to emotionally right here and now. If you make them think or try to remember something in order to participate, without conjuring thier thinking and remembering for them emotionally, then people will just find something else to react to, here and now. And off it goes.

A successful, on-track thread also requires someone to act as Bert Convy or Alex Trebec. This person does not have to be the one who started the thread, but it does require at least one person to care about the subject enough to corral the peanut gallery by supplying continued points for posters react to emotionally, here and now. This last role can be fulfilled by several people - it doesn't just have to be one person.

No.

I'm afraid that this thread was doomed to be derailed from the beginning.

And I don't think OSA had anything to do with it.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2009
  3. byte301

byte301 Crusader

I was enjoying this thread. I just can't remember all the really good quotes people have posted. And I'm way too lazy to search for em.:p

4. Alanzo

Alanzo Sponsor

I rest my case.

If anyone would like to purchase some time from me for a Custom Thread Consultation, my rates are very reasonable.

Some of the services I provide in my Thread Consultations include:
    • Perpetually Winning Concept Analysis
    • "Flash" Emotional words and phrases guaranteed to make an impact
    • Conflict Escalation: The Foundation of All Dramatic Writing
    • Central Thread Question Eval
    And now, for a limited time only, we are offering a FREE AVATAR EVALUATION that could change your life - and maybe even get you laid!

(Offer expires August 31, 2009. Limit one per customer. Not valid in the United States or Canada or any other English-speaking country. Void where prohibited. Guarantees are limited to results produced, not those promised)

Last edited: Aug 12, 2009
  5. knn

knn Patron Meritorious

Did you do the Pro CTC course? :D

Hahaha, "Included are over 150 images of baby hedgehogs".

6. knn

knn Patron Meritorious

OK, there is only 1 way to put this thread back on track.

POST SOME QUOTES

7. Good twin

Good twin Floater

my favorite

"I'll have a shot of Zinj."

8. knn

knn Patron Meritorious

Here is a quote by Clamicide:

"Shortly after I had gone Clear, I noticed something very odd"

Although not conclusive by itself, it sounds like the beginning of a thriller.

9. _brian

_brian WogRevert

Yep, there it is.
    :yes:

10. byte301

byte301 Crusader

Well, as the post above shows...just about anything by Alanzo is quoteable. Also Zinj, DOF, EP and the list just goes on and on.

Let's face it. We have some great minds on this board.:clap:

11. Go back and "Look, don't think!" :)

12. My people, my people, give peace a chance!

Let's not be rigid thinkers or posters, a little meandering is o.k. Carry on, all! Anybody else have a great quote they want to share?

13. Shameless self-promotion! You just want to be to be spanked! :yes:

14. Rmack

Rmack Van Allen Belt Sunbather

My very favorite quote from this board is the sig; (from memory)

'I joined a religion created by a science fiction writer, with a double cross as it's symbol, that tried to sell me a bridge. What could have gone wrong?'

15. I'm with you, RMack! Wouldn't that quote look great on a protest sign? I think some energetic entrepeneur should start printing up t-shirts and bumper stickers with some of these gems. :)

16. Tiger Lily

Tiger Lily Gold Meritorious Patron

OK I'm cheating just a little (but at least it isn't about homeopathy) -- I'm posting one of my most memorable and golden threads. . . it was started just after I joined and I had so much bottled up inside of me from my time in Scientology and how "deadly serious" of an activity it was and when Alanzo posted this thread I laughed and laughed like I hadn't laughed in years . . . it's one of the funniest I've ever seen on ESMB, and was, strangely enough one of the most healing because it got me laughing and I stopped taking everything so seriously. There's no way to pick out one quote.

It's called "When you die this lifetime" OP by (who else?) Alanzo:

http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthread.php?t=9907

The satire on this ^^^ thread is wonderful.

-TL

Last edited: Aug 13, 2009
  17. Thanks Tiger Lily, that's great! We all need a good laugh from time to time! :)

18. I told you I was trouble

I told you I was trouble Suspended animation

and ... 'there ain't no cure, there ain't no cure, there ain't no cure for love' (Leonard Cohen).

:heartflower:

19. Mick Wenlock

Mick Wenlock Admin Emeritus (retired)

Well WPRT it is fairly simple - if you are going to try to equate the two things based on word roots and derivation then vaccinate comes from cow - so it does not have much relationship to homeopathy.

Homeopathy is a pathetic idea that water can "cure" because it has "memory" - all you need do is knock some sense into the water.

So no, the idea that vaccination is somehow "homeopathic" is not at all correct. It is like saying that going to the doctor is Scientological because Hubbard once said that ill pcs should do that.

Sorry for the insult, should not have bothered with that.

20. Dulloldfart

Dulloldfart Squirrel Extraordinaire

Great description of homeopathic succussion — I love it. :)

Paul