What's new

Golden Quotes from ESMB

Rub and yawn helps one to see clearly...

This from Paul-

"Personally, I think the philosophy of Scn qualifies it as a religion, but it is also a batshit crazy criminal UFO cult that destroys peoples' lives, which may tend to disqualify it as a religion in some peoples' eyes."

I couldn't agree more!

From Schwimmelpuckle-

"So much for me making things go right. But I tried. Like everybody else I made sure to have a roll of private toiletpaper ready for those frequent instances when the GO's financial planning didn't go right. I suppose a clean ass to fart in is a test of a thetans abilities too." :D

Markus

Silver Meritorious Patron
Batman and Scientologists...

By Roan:

Riddle me this, Batman: "How do you tell if a Scientologist is lying?"
....................................."His lips are moving."

Markus

Feral

Rogue male
Uniquemand;

''Staff members are people who haven't yet figured out they are just pieces in a game that sees them lose everything.''

That one 'read' on me.

Maybe it should become a picket sign.

From Rattusnorvegicus (who names themselves that?)

How much case can a case gain gain if a case gain could gain case?

(Say three times fast!) :lol:

Wow, there's a cog for ya!

From Happy days:
"Then I got back into good standing (go figure, had my get out of jail free card) after being off the Bridge for 7 years and then it became even more challenging. Because from my experience I never was allowed to be an upstat because of my history, regardless of my contributions.

I was always making amends to this group and this was expected... spoken or unspoken... I owed.. so for the next 14 years it was a battle... I often said "I need a rest from my religion" so I would go off lines and recover from the Church to build up strength to go back in.... I never finished a routing form when I was put on one at the AO.... just needed to get the hell out of there... so I was always leaving .... and then I left after more 25 years of being involved in the Cult... you get less for murder...

_brian

WogRevert
From Tory "magoo" :rose:

"DON'T DIE WITH YOUR MUSIC IN YOU!"

=++= It was powerful medicine at the time I read it and it still is.

Brian

By SPBill:

"It has been obvious to me for some time that we are all groping around in the dark. From what I see no one has made it out of the maze yet. If the definition of Clear is ability to be at cause over mental MEST on the first dynamic, I sure haven't seen one in my 40 years or so of looking.

There is so much we don't yet know about our own condition. I said LRH rose only partially out of the bank. That should be beyond dispute by now. We only have to look at his emotional outbursts, his declaring people to be enemies and traitors, etc. I have noticed the phenomenon where as things get handled, those underlying which had been long suppressed seem to come up to the surface and get dramatized more overtly.

Hubbard's insanity should be an arrow pointing the way to the more basic stuff he missed."

Out Ethics Suggestion

From Ethics Particle:

"As a Southern Person (SP) I suffer from conflicting moral and social imperatives as follows:

1.) putting rum in coke is a mortal sin...but mostly it fucks up a good coke.

2.) The rum, a pure cane sugar product, (which I ADORE) is similarly "alloyed" (dontcha just LOVE that word!?) and thus rendered too sweet for my taste.

3.) So I fill an old-fashioned glass with ice and squeeze a piece of fresh orange rind with a little fruit pulp attached over the ice and fill it to the brim with Bacardi light. Refilling as oft as I may in remembrance of pleasure moments past.

We call this a St. Martin sunrise at our house; you should try it. It burns with a clean blue flame in the body and leaves no unpleasant residue in the form of a hangover. (at least in MY experience)"

Roy, the EP's EP

HCObringOrder?

From Sweetness:
Your constant employment is to express your own good qualities everywhere you are, just keep working with that thought daily, and the next job will find you.

:thumbsup:

Megalomaniac

This series of quotes was pretty special for me.

Melanie, I don't pray, but for you I will. Best.

Get in touch with her immediately and let her know you love her. Keep it simple. Send a little note, flowers. Do not delay. You don't have t fix or solve anything. Just show love.

Give her lots of love and whatever communication she will accept. ... Anyway, the best of wishes to you. Paul

End the "cutting them out of your life", IMO. Revenge is not the best policy. Tell her you love her, and wish for her to receive the best possible medical care, and that you will help her get it.

Love the one's in your life while you are here.

Of course, CP. You and your family have been on my prayer list for some time now.

OMG :bigcry: These are the squirrels and raving, nattering Suppressives I'm not supposed to communicate with. :no:

Welcome to the outside Mega! :love11:

Thinking good thoughts for you and yours Mel. Will light one of WO's candles.

GT

I hear you Megalomaniac. What a bunch of awful people we are! :eyeroll:

Since I'm Megalomaniac, I can include my own quote here. :bow:

Sharone Stainforth

Quote from Alan:

Life is what it is, not what you want it to be.

This above quote was a turning point for me.

And this is not from ESMB, but gave me a kick up the ARS, and was much needed at the time.

Quote from Arnie Lerma:
If not you, WHO? If not now, When?

And

I would rather die speaking my mind, than die fearing to speak.

There are many more that set me thinking, but those were the quotes that jolted me into getting my act together. Its been a long slow road, and I could not have done it without ALL of you on ALL of the chatboards that I have been priveledged to post on, and many I haven't. THANK YOU!

From Ethics Particle

Quoting William Faulkner on chat: (Are we a High-Toned crowd or what?)

"I believe that man will not merely endure: he will prevail. He is immortal, not because he alone among creatures has an inexhaustible voice, but because he has a soul, a spirit capable of compassion and sacrifice and endurance.

The poet's, the writer's, duty is to write about these things. It is his privilege to help man endure by lifting his heart, by reminding him of the courage and honor and hope and pride and compassion and pity and sacrifice which have been the glory of his past.

The poet's voice need not merely be the record of man, it can be one of the props, the pillars to help him endure and prevail."

Last edited:

Good twin

Floater
Quoting William Faulkner on chat: (Are we a high-Toned crowd or what?)

"I believe that man will not merely endure: he will prevail. He is immortal, not because he alone among creatures has an inexhaustible voice, but because he has a soul, a spirit capable of compassion and sacrifice and endurance.

The poet's, the writer's, duty is to write about these things. It is his privilege to help man endure by lifting his heart, by reminding him of the courage and honor and hope and pride and compassion and pity and sacrifice which have been the glory of his past.

The poet's voice need not merely be the record of man, it can be one of the props, the pillars to help him endure and prevail."

Wow. That's good. :thumbsup: Really. :yes:

Veda said:
"Lying is a Scientology sacrament. Scientologists lie to themselves about Scientology. Scientologists lie to others about Scientology."