Good experiences in Scientology

Discussion in 'Stories From Inside Scientology' started by Veda, Aug 14, 2017.

View Users: View Users
  1. ThetanExterior

ThetanExterior Gold Meritorious Patron

Getting back to the topic of "good experiences in scientology" I just remembered something today which made me laugh.

I was a member of public in the UK and I occasionally had to go to Saint Hill for auditing. Each time I completed the auditing I had to do a routing form to leave Saint Hill and it was a pain in the ass because every staff member on the form refused to sign it until they'd got something from me. It used to take me hours to get through it and by the time I left Saint Hill I was usually totally pissed off.

Well, for a while I was married to a staff member and she also had to go to Saint Hill occasionally so one day I talked to her about these routing forms and asked her if she, being a staff member, had to complete them before being allowed to leave. She said she did so I asked her if she had any tips on how to get through them quickly. She gave me a funny look and said: "I just leave.". So I asked her: "What about the routing form?" and she said: "Oh, I just throw it away.".

Silly me. Why didn't I think of that?

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • LOL LOL x 1
    • List
  2. RogerB

RogerB Crusader

Yes, well, the advantages of insider info! :cool:

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • LOL LOL x 1
    • List
  3. Gizmo

Gizmo Rabble Rouser

Yep, at one time it took 3 or 4 DAYS to route out of flag. I just threw my routing form in the nearest in box & left. Did that for years.
    It wasn't a secret - everybody knew the routing forms could take half a day for the person to show & sign you off - FUCK THAT !

No point is being completely stupid - have to stop at almost completely stupid ! :D

• Like Like x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • LOL LOL x 1
    • List
  4. Out Ethics

Out Ethics Out Ethics Ex Ethics Officer

As it is with everyone, my deciding to LOOK and finally stop "being a Scientologist" was "death by 1,000 cuts".

I was the EO at our Local Org for a long time.

I saw things....bad things....as every staff member does. I would not confront it, convinced myself I did not understand because I was not a Scientololgy Clear or OT...and neatly tucked the information away - far away out of sight for most of my life.

Then....I could not do it anymore. I witnessed so much destruction within the members of the Church.

OT's dying, OT's doing crazy things to get money, OT's being declared SP's because they spoke out against the things I wanted to speak out against.

I witnessed very few people making it to Clear. Spending 100's of thousands of dollars and taking many years to obtain....then getting declared
    "Un Clear" and being forced to do the Bridge again.

I saw certified Auditor's get their certs pulled....due to suppressive semi-colons and evil comma's (as someone described Gat II). I saw how it destroyed them.

The Church was using covert invalidation and nullification to control the members.

I never met one Clear or OT that had any super powers. They just thought they did.

I did not want to do much of the Bridge because of this.

When I was on staff....Upper management called every day. Screaming at the Executives who worked for essentially free - very hard and long days.

The staff are all in fear. No one new is coming in and staying. Old timers are getting Declared SP left and right.

I witnessed time and time again so much financial ruin with members.

The divorces - OMG - I think 90% of Scientologist's get divorced if not once, but many times twice or three times.

I witnessed the upper Orgs not following the tech as LRH described. If anyone said anything about it - they were punished or dead filed.

I witnessed Flag not following the tech. I witnessed Flag doing bad things to people to get money out of them and then keeping it. It was sickening to me.

Every Registrar I knew lied. They were deceitful and manipulative. They ruined so many people with lies about what would happen if they would only go broke and give their money to Scientology.

Gat II was an eye opener.

The Ideal Org program was a scam. Our building has been empty since I was born. We did not need a bigger building. I watched so many people file for bankruptcy and lose their homes to foreclosure over the Ideal Org program. I saw some financial irregularities with a few of the upper executives and some unethical stuff being done. I can't say much more about it but this IS Scientology.

I witnessed Staff recruiters lying to people about how much money they would make if they joined staff and how the new recruit will have the Bridge for free....getting them desperate to "have the Bridge" ....and then signing that billion year contract. All lies and it caused many flaps and upsets. It was wrong. No staff get the Bridge for free. No staff get paid anything. All money goes to the upper management and now I understand David Miscavige lives a lavish lifestyle with his $5,000 shoes and thousand dollar suits. It is nothing but slave labor in exchange for lives ruined.

I personally had a relationship destroyed. Scientology separated us for a long time and that is what ruined our relationship. I now understand this is SOP. I believe they do that on purpose.

My parents believe everything told to them by upper management. I don't and never did.

I read about LRH and now know he was a fraud and a con artist.

Slowly, over time, I came to terms with the truth....all of it and decided to LOOK at the internet to see what the Church did not want me to see.....After all LRH said "look, don't listen".

After discovering the lies that the Church kept from us....I quietly went away - telling everyone I have to make money and I am not interested in doing any Bridge until I handle my debt etc.

I am good at controlling the e-meter so they can do all the sec checks they want - I can beat any sec check. I figured out how to beat the meter when I was a kid. It works every time.

I will stay under the radar and work on getting my family out and my friends. I will be very careful and they will never know how I really feel about Scientology until they are completely out.

Wish me luck and thanks for all of the stories here on this board.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2017
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • List
  5. RogerB

RogerB Crusader

Out Ethics . . . .

That is a brilliant write up on the observable truths regarding Scientology. Well done!

Gazetted widely, it will help many.

Thank you for spending the time and energy to do it. :)

R

6. EZ Linus

EZ Linus BT-free since 2003!

Wow! Great post.

How did it take me a couple hundred thousand words for what it took you to artfully say in a handful of lines? You have a knack I tell you.

I was also (eventually) able to trick the e-meter. Interestingly enough, I was able to do it even when I still believed it worked. Oy, what a dichotomy!

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • List
  7. EZ Linus

EZ Linus BT-free since 2003!

I was stupid enough to do the LOA routing form and get through the sec checks, show them my return plane ticket if I was on course and the whole nine. DER!

8. Gizmo

Gizmo Rabble Rouser

I just blew it off - one year I think my ass got called to flag something like 10 times for this that & the other.

Oh, it was a " good experience " to toss the routing form & save myself a whole lot of time !

9. Out Ethics

Out Ethics Out Ethics Ex Ethics Officer

I also saw a few people who started Scientololgy - all leave Scientology because they were upset with Scientology.

They did not have O/W's as LRH stated. That was a lie. These people were ethical, up stat and honest people that were attracted to the good parts of Scientology you get in the beginning...to trap people into Scientology.

That always bothered me. Now I understand why - it is my rational and reasonable part of my mind working! ;)

I read somewhere that even LRH said the same thing ...people leave because they are upset - not because they have O/W's but he was afraid if people knew that - they would leave Scientology and there would be NO Scientology.

Well I obnosed that people left Scientology with a good reason - they had been invalidated, nullified, misunderstood and lied to. I witnessed this with my own eyes and I know what I know.