What's new

Goodbye (at long last) from "Emma"

Magoo

Gold Meritorious Patron
Ahhhhhh sheeet, now my screen is all blurry from reading
all of your wonderful posts!

Emma---what they ALL said is so true: I met you over on Xenu.net
back when there was really only "ARS", OCMB (Xenu.net) and that was
pretty much it, at least that I knew. I think we had an IRC channel to chat on, too. And way back then
(Early 2000's) there was **lots** of fighting all over the place. So a safe place to
discuss Scientology really didn't exist, as much as Andreas had tried to create one
over on www.xenu.net

There were these critics I'll always thank, Andreas being one of them.
Andreas is very, very kind (and said to pass on his love to all today when I talked with him so :bighug: there.
However, some critics were not nearly as friendly and Emma picked up on it,
and from that, decided the ex-Scientologists needed a safe space to communicate...and she was strong enough, and smart enough to put all
of this together. It took me a bit to find you all...but I cannot say how much
I love this site and ALL of you! :rose: :hug:

I remember at first I thought----ahhh---my home is OCMB (xenu.net) and ARS----so I don't have time for another one, but I hope it helps some people.

OH MY GAWD was I wrong! This site has be SOOOO much for SOOO many people, myself included. We've ALL gone through a tremendously lot together, and I cannot :thankyou: enough, Emma, for creating this site and keeping it going, despite all odds, of which there have been MANY.

I love MiniMe----:hug:

I'll miss Emma and your emoticon, but hey, my motto since I escaped out
has been: Life rolls on.
And ya know what? It does!

So hugs to you :bighug: Gottabrain is right: There aren't enough
emoticons for *this*, but here a go:

:heartflower::flowers2::arose::missyou::geekon::typing::cake::runaround:
:thewinner::kiss:

Do stay in touch, and thank you for caring, for being strong when many of us were not, and continuing to create.
Welcome Mick and Ethercat, too :hug:

My love and Wishes for THE best for you, Ems, :rose: :wave:

Tory/Magoo

Last edited:

Helena Handbasket

Gold Meritorious Patron
Thank you, Emma. Your splendid creation, ESMB, is your monument, and will outlast the church of scientology itself.

:party::party::party::party:
:rickroll: :rickroll: :rickroll: :rickroll: :rickroll: :rickroll: :rickroll: :rickroll: :rickroll: :rickroll: :rickroll: :rickroll: :rickroll: :rickroll:

Thank you in particular for giving me an outlet to express my own unorthodox views.

And of course the best of luck to Mick and Ethercat!

Helena

Operating DB

Truman Show Dropout
Tons of thanks, Emma, for creating this site. It's the best there is and the only ex scio site worth participating in. It's right up my alley.

Please enjoy your much deserved retirement!

Hey everyone :biggrin:

This is my last thread as your administrator. As of this weekend I'm retiring the Emma username. Ethercat & Mick are your administrators now.

I need a week or so to answer a few PMs I owe people but other than that I won't be posting from that account or administering or moderating etc. I have created a new account that I can use to post as a regular user if I want to. I'll introduce that account later.

It's tempting to write a long soppy post about the history of ESMB and how I feel about it. I'm not going to do that. Instead I'll just say that I care deeply for all of you and wish you well as you recover from your involvement in Scientology.

Please throw your support behind the new admins as they take over and keep ESMB here for everyone. It's not an easy task and they are doing it because I can't anymore, not because they really want to.

Take care everyone and I'll see you in the trenches.:blowkiss:

I shan't say "goodbye" because I expect to see you about on this board and on the net. Nonetheless, thanks for all you have done. You are very appreciated for all the hard work and your repeated efforts to deal fairly with all sorts of unreasonable situations.

Love,
Mark A. Baker :clap:

Infinite

Troublesome Internet Fringe Dweller
You're The Voice

[video]http://youtu.be/5_Y_POaIgUs[/video]

♪ ♫ . . . We have chance
to turn the pages over
we can write what
we wanna write
we gotta make ends meet
before we get much older . . . ♫ ♪

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
Thanks for everything, Ems. It's been quite a trip.

In years to come, when you look back at this part of your life, you can have that warm little glow of knowing that you done good, girl. :forsure:

Paul

rickybobby

Hostess of the Internet
Yes, thank you Emma, for all you have done. You have created a warm, welcoming space for exes and supporters to come together to organize and seek common ground. I appreciate what you have accomplished and will miss your virtual presence.

DagwoodGum

Squirreling Dervish
The ESMB is the anti-matter universe to the Scientology universe and has given it a good un-mocking while collapsing its space in rendering it one cooked goose. I thank Emma and the other mad ex-scientologists for its creation. Huge job and a job well done :thumbsup:

NoName

A Girl Has No Name
Thanks and happy retirement! Thanks for this wonderful board that has helped me so much over the last 3 years.

:bighug:

Moosejewels

Patron Meritorious
Hey everyone :biggrin:

This is my last thread as your administrator. As of this weekend I'm retiring the Emma username. Ethercat & Mick are your administrators now.

I need a week or so to answer a few PMs I owe people but other than that I won't be posting from that account or administering or moderating etc. I have created a new account that I can use to post as a regular user if I want to. I'll introduce that account later.

It's tempting to write a long soppy post about the history of ESMB and how I feel about it. I'm not going to do that. Instead I'll just say that I care deeply for all of you and wish you well as you recover from your involvement in Scientology.

Please throw your support behind the new admins as they take over and keep ESMB here for everyone. It's not an easy task and they are doing it because I can't anymore, not because they really want to.

Take care everyone and I'll see you in the trenches.:blowkiss:

I've only been around here a short while, but in clichespeak I would like to thank

you for the Herculean effort necessary to keep this thing up and running.

Looking forward to reading your posts as a non-admin. :cheers:

Ethercat & Mick, thanks for taking the load.

Kerry

Patron with Honors
Me too, thanks so much Emma, what a great thing you've done here.

Here's to the 10 years of friendship since we met, however scattered, and cheers to many more. I'm so glad the board has all turned out the way it did.

All the very very best to you and yours, always. Don't forget the room with a balcony if you touch down here in your travels!

To the future. :smoochy::cheers:

And here's to Ethercat and Mick. So glad you've stepped up and :goodluck: .

Magoo

Gold Meritorious Patron
And here's to Ethercat and Mick. So glad you've stepped up and .

Oh yeah, baby!

:thankyou: both for stepping up. It means a TON to me...and I'm sure most
here, too. This IS a place that needs to continue, and monitoring it is no small task. :omg::clap::clap::thumbsup::clap::yes:

Emma (mini Me) ......all I can say is

Thanks, kid....you did it! See ya around the ranch. :yes:

Tory/Magoo :coolwink:

AnonSunshine

Patron with Honors
Dear Emma:

When I left the Cult of Scientology I had joined ars, then operation clambake, ethercat, lermanet, and other sites.
I had read every thing posted by critics, and it has helped me a lot.
Thank you so much for making this site!!!
I visit here every single day, when possible, and I have enjoyed to read the posts.
:party: :party: :party: :party:
:flowers2: :flowers2: :flowers2: :flowers2:

Enjoy your retirement!!! :clap: :clap: :clap: :love8: :love8: :love8:

Happy Days

Silver Meritorious Patron
Thank you Emma for all the hard work you have done to develop and maintain ESMB over the years. To hand over the reins to others is not an easy decision but you’ve done.

I remember all too well the first time I posted on ESMB, the nerves and trepidation was intense when I was about to hit the ‘submit’ button, James (OEO) was hovering over me as in house support, and I’m thinking shit is something bad going to happen as I sat in my office... will a lightning bolt strike me down :nervous: that’s the hold and control the cult had on me and I’m sure others... but I can tell you now it was the biggest and bests cathartic experience I have ever had which then empowered me to go public, that is the effect ESMB, giving people back their control and power.

Emma you have done good girl, you are a legend amongst us Ex’s and I hope life is good for you, and you and yours have plenty of, well deserved, peace and happiness in life.

Krautfag

Patron Meritorious
Yep.

Believe it or not I meant it all the other times too but it just never worked out.

Wut? Slacking? Who allowed libs and who signed for that? HEADS NEED TO ROLL!!!!

Just kidding :biggrin:
Thank you for the monumental work you have done and congratulations on the incredible amount of good karma you must have made in the time. Should be good for two or three lifetimes sinning away happily :happydance:

See you again when the cult idiots pull you back in again ;)