Government comes down hard on Scientology — in Canada, where worker abuse matters

Discussion in 'Tony Ortega' started by RSS Feed, Jan 9, 2019.

View Users: View Users
  1. RSS Feed

RSS Feed RSS Feeder Bot

There is a new post up at the Underground Bunker

Government comes down hard on Scientology — in Canada, where worker abuse matters

Breaking news out of Quebec, where journalist Gaétan Pouliot has been covering an investigation by the government into workers at Scientology facilities being paid less than minimum wage.

Scientology paying less than minimum wage is practically a sacrament in the church, so the only surprise is that any government agency, anywhere,[.......]

Continue reading...

• Thanks Thanks x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
    • List
  2. lotus

lotus autonomous rebellous

Great!

It appears that labour laws in Canada differs from the US ..
    Misscagive must be nervous...

Hopefully, staff will be given back the minimum wage by the law..wich a slave working organization like CO$ can't afford...CO$ feeds on slave work and extortion.

3. tesseract

tesseract Patron with Horrors

Davey,...

[​IMG]

(Oldie but goodie. :wink: )

Attached Files:

• LOL LOL x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  4. hummingbird

hummingbird Patron with Honors

This article is such great news. Once again, our neighbor to the North is showing itself to be so much more enlightened than the USofA.

And, dear @lotus , I humbly beg to disagree. The CO$ can totally afford to pay its slaves minimum wage. It just doesn't want to. It feeds on sucking up money from its whales and extorting folk out of their wages, as Mike and Leah showed on their last A&E episode.

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • List
  5. TheOriginalBigBlue

TheOriginalBigBlue Gold Meritorious Patron

I have to wonder if there is anything to keep the COS from demanding the "volunteers" return any resulting payments received from the government as "donations" or offsetting future increased wages with donations?

6. lotus

Actually whant I meant (could have been made more clear)

Is that the CO$ as a slave labour real estate organisation expanding with property renovations can OLNY keep persuing such profitable activites while using slaves and money extortion to BUY, RENOVATE and MAINTAIN those properties. If they would have to pay normal salaries, buy their properties, pay taxes..their scheme would have then hit a wall soon or later...

Thus, each time ,in any country, they are facing courts and it is ruled they have to return salaries, taxes, refunds..it's a major breach in the fraud scheme that Jeopardize their expansion in that specific area. Having courts to rule agaist CO$ in countries where they didn't corrupted the justice, governements and revenue agencies are what will make their ship to slowly sink...

A few billions $$$$ is not that much in regards with what they certainly owe planetary as minimum wages, refunds, and taxes as they got tax exemptions under false representation of being a fro non profit religious organization.. They have pretty much problems in several coutries by now. (Russia, Canada, France, Belgium....) and they may run out of money...soon or later.
    It is not viable....

7. PirateAndBum

PirateAndBum Gold Meritorious Patron

They might be able to pay minimum wage if they didn't have to send money up-lines. But maybe not even then. I recall many times the local org not being able to pay the phone bill, or the gas bill, or even the mortgage. At FCDC it was a bitch in the winter - nothing but inefficient space heaters for heating public places. I'm sure the electric bill became a "Hill 10" because of that.

8. Clay Pigeon

Clay Pigeon Silver Meritorious Patron

I'm certainly no fan of the way CoS conducts it's affairs but assaulting them on minimum wage law has been tried for decades and there is nothing essentially wrong with volunteer pay. In fact, I saw scientology work fairly well at FCDC. My wife and I maintained a modern two room with bath and kitchenette on staff pay. When the church has people who embrace and practice the directive that the church be a religious co-operative and gives training and auditing life on staff ain't bad...

9. strativarius

strativarius Inveterate gnashnab & snoutband

What Org was that then CP, the one on Pie in the Sky island?

You have no idea how fucking offensive it is when you spout this obnoxious garbage about how wonderful it is to be a staff member and how you could afford 'a modern two-room with bath and kitchenette' on staff pay.

I defy any other poster here on esmb to say that they enjoyed a similar standard of living while an org staff (not mission) member. I don't think there will be many takers. Weeks went by when as a staff member at London (one of the major capital cities of the world) org my pay would be precisely zero, and this was in the sixties, the boom years.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Love Love x 1
    • List
  10. Clay Pigeon

Well, of course those conditions existed at FCDC only while I was there. But I take the bull by balls and as a Christian I can have the strength of ten for I am instrument of the love and justice which flows from the throne of god

• WTF? WTF? x 1
    • Tinfoil Tinfoil x 1
    • List
  11. strativarius

No you're not, you're a very naughty boy!

12. Clay Pigeon

Well....

Yay-ass...

That too on occaision but only in violation social standards, not in violation of the rights of others

13. JustSheila

JustSheila Crusader

There is everything wrong with how the Church of Scientology pays and treats its staff as well as their children. I can't believe you wrote that. You know better. Maybe for a short while in certain places in Scientology's heyday things went better for a little while. It never lasted anywhere, though, and most places they house staff are slum dumps unless you're an executive or reg or someone else making $$$$$$ for COS, because that's what's important to DM.

• Thanks Thanks x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  14. lotus

It has become obvious in my mind that Birdie has evolved , decades ago, in an organisation, that he calls Church of Scientology, but whose practices are not recognized by most of us.....:oops: (Unexplained phenomanon)

Birdie was staff in a beautiful church where he learned scientific mental procedures and other mankind valuable Tech tools that worked wonderfully, or shall we say that was "said" to be workable, before degraded evil beings (like a certain evil dwarf) corrupted this piece of gem LRH left as a legacy and that is called Scientology...like in science logos..science of knowledge...:cool:La science du savoir mes amis!

Not only he had all those wins he gained to make his life better, but he, and his wife, made such a good living out of it, so they could afford a nice 2bdr apt, pay the bills, do the grocery, buy bus passes, buy clothes...

Birdie was making such a nice living, the ED , who could barely afford 1 coffee a day with his staff '' volunteer pay " soon found himself in total confusion an anger...

Birdie soon became the most celeb staff member in the world... (he became a sort of Slumdog millionnaire of the $cientology ill-famed orgs) :D It was tough to work with such a celeb staff who could afford such higher lifestyle...while others where sleeping on a couch..

Ron the fucker, soon appointed him to a special meeting...He wanted to met with this tone 40 big thetan who could perform such magic in making numbers appear on his pay check that Ron, intented to remained with 2-4 number(somewhere bettween $0.40 to $25 ... ):eek:

It became such an issue and created such a planetary envy among the staff , that the Church, adviced by Reverend Ron the fucker, had to give up on him...and like us, degraded poor penniless downstat staff, he was discarded and threw under the bus..:oops:

Sadly, we would never knew how much time it would have taken, to Birdie, to buy a nice home, raise a family, and expaaaannnnnd with such great tools of Scientology...When it was real Scientology and bringing such prosperity and profitability to staff members. Indeed, this board of degraded downstat poor unproductive staff had never seen any other blessed staff as Birdie...We feel grateful for we can be given a nice account of those great days.

Unfortunately, things have changed....and never we will have a first hand reality of the CHURCH , as it was INTENTED TO BE, when we all could have made a great living out of it...this splendid wonderful era is forever gone..now people are treated like SLAVES....and Ron isn't here anymore to straighten things out... :cool:

Last edited: Jan 13, 2019 at 7:52 PM
    • LOL LOL x 5
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • List
  15. The_Fixer

The_Fixer Class Clown

Ron the fucker?

I'm led to believe he wasn't very good at that either....

Sorry...... just a minute...….word clearing "fucker"...……

Oh. Oh wait......

Footnote: I know English is your second language Lotus, but you certainly have mastered satire and sarcasm in it very well indeed.

16. strativarius

Second language? Aren't you forgetting the Latin, Greek, Swahili and Cantonese? :biggrin:

17. lotus

I'd appreciate you enlight me so I can share your concern :oops:
    :D

18. strativarius

Are you addressing me my dear? :biggrin:

19. lotus

Yes dear...I am addressing you and the fixer..:)

Was my use of ''ron the fucker'' innapropriate ???? :oops:

(I mean grammar viewpoint as you can't enlight me with a factual viewpoint..)

• LOL LOL x 1
    • Huh? Huh? x 1
    • List
  20. strativarius

I'm sorry but I have not the slightest inkling of anything to do with inappropriate use, I was merely complimenting you on your virtuosity with foreign languages.

• Like Like x 1
    • For you For you x 1
    • List